TRIAL OF CHAD DAYBELL CHARGED WITH MURDER OF JJ VALLOW, TYLEE RYAN AND TAMMY DAYBELL #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I must say that JP seemed more capable in his cross examinations and objections during the state’s case in chief than he has appeared so far in presenting the defense case in chief.

8 witnesses so far (sorry if I spell some of the names wrong)
1 & 2 & 3) Emma & Garth & Joseph Murray basically to say TD was in poor health and died of natural causes not murder and that she was not familiar with rifles or paint ball guns but it was a paintball gun and had nothing to do with AC but if it did he was trying to kill CD not TD
4) Garth’s attorney to say LE was trying to intimidate Garth into changing his GJ testimony but the attorney didn’t really seem to know what was going on - was it the same GJ asking Garth for a 2nd appearance to clarify what they thought might be discrepancies in his testimony before them or was it a new GJ seeking to indict him for perjury at the request of the state?
5) Dr Raven- forensic pathologist- to say that there is no way to determine that the cause of death was homicide - didn’t say it wasn’t - only that she couldn’t determine it - but would she have come to the same conclusion if she had reviewed all the evidence? And don’t forget JP’s conclusion that people who were not at the “murder” sort of cancels the argument that it wasn’t murder, doesn’t it?
6) Reagen the neighbor - to say she heard a gunshot before Sept 9th and talk of raccoons - ok - but what has that to do with anything that happened Sept 9th or after? - and oh yeah people in the area have guns
7) Keracic from AG’s office - to say he spoke with MG & he took what she was saying as her personal beliefs and after the recording she rated him - so MG was behind the rating system not CD
8) Schmidt - Rexburg PD - to say there was no boundary distinguished between looking in the pet cemetery and the burn pit for Tylee’s remains - and?

JP’s remaining experts as per his opening statement will be
1) Eric Bartelink forensic anthropologist- to speak about the conditions of Tylee’s remains & why the skeletal remains are incomplete - but that isn’t going to change the fact that the kids were found on CD’s property
2) Dr Hampikian - DNA expert - to say that AC’s fingerprints & LVD’s hair found on plastic on JJ and no DNA of CD found on either - but hasn’t the state already conceded that?
3) Patrick Eller - digital data expert - to show AC’s travels - but didn’t indicate it would show anything different than the state showed - can’t imagine how this is supposed to help the defense

I get that JP doesn’t have much to work with here but is he throwing in the towel? I thought his direct exam of several (if not all) of today’s witnesses was haphazard and totally ineffective. And while yesterday’s testimony from Garth & Emma was more interesting than today’s I don’t think either did much to impact the jury.

I wonder how CD is feeling now about turning down a plea deal…

No need, Emma testified for him
Indeed she did.

I don't think Chad can top her testimony that he watched Tammy die.

Then Garth comes on to say he dodged a perjury charge even though authorities were telling him he might catch one if he didn't clarify his conflicting accounts of finding his mother dead! What meanies in LE, wanting a story that sounds believable!

Then comes Joe Murray, who thinks it is not appropriate for LE to investigate missing or murdered children.

Those were the strongest defense witnesses, and they all were horrible.

(FWIW, I have a great deal of empathy for Garth, whose father spiritually abused into living at home, then basically demanded a lie to cover the murder of his mother. I'd admire Garth a lot more if he'd refused to testify [and subpoena or not, he could have effectively refused by telling Prior he would tell the truth] or gave surprise truthful testimony. I can't hate on him toooo much for the conflicting stories, even though I think he's lying. Emma has worn out my empathy at the moment. And Joe Murray never had it.)

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member