Australia Australia - Marion Barter - Missing After Trip to UK - June 1997 #22

MBFB PAGE UPDATE:

"""""It’s Wednesday 7th May 1997

Mum had two blood tests at the Queensland Medical Laboratory (QML) pathology centre. One was a Liver Function Test (LFT) item #66211 where six or more elements were requested. This is the highest amount of different elements in the LFT category. Mum also had a hormone and hormone binding proteins test item # 66413 and the request was for five items. This test can be used to detect testosterone, oestrogen, cortisol, and thyroid levels.

Mums doctor gave a statement to the inquest stating quote

“In 1996 and 1997 Dr. ‍⚕️ worked at Southport Park medical center in Southport Queensland and saw Marion as a patient on a number of occasions. Marion had multiple concerns. She reported that her hair was thinning. She was having hot flushes and she was getting symptoms, perhaps to tribute to anxiety or feeling stressed. Dr ‍⚕️ stated that Marion was attributing the symptoms to changes being implemented at TSS. She talked at great length about the Gonski concept and how it was going to change the system for the better but without his clinical records he was unable to be more precise about Marion’s medical status, Dr ‍⚕️ indicated that he wasn’t aware if Southport Park was still maintaining their handwritten records (at the time of him being interviewed in August 2019 (only took 22 years!).
Marion never spoke to Dr ‍⚕️ about problems in her family life, traveling overseas or wanting a lifestyle change. She did mention having a misunderstanding, or perhaps people not comprehending her style of teaching and was facing some antagonism from her colleagues. Marion spoke about the dynamics at work not being right. Records reflect that Dr ‍⚕️ Last saw Marion on 13 June 1997. He surmised that it was likely that appointment was made to discuss test results that he ordered around that time Dr ‍⚕️ conducted only consultations with Marion and he did not conduct any actual procedures. Dr ‍⚕️ clarified that Medicare code 0023 reflects a standard consultation where is 0036 reflects a longer consultation likely to discuss results and alike”.

I would like to note that the Gonski Concept was not introduced until February 20, 2012! 5 years after my mum disappeared…. Yet another massive problem when police do not act accordingly and do not interview key people in a missing persons case!""""""

MBFB PAGE UPDATE:

"""""It’s Wednesday 7th May 1997

Mum had two blood tests at the Queensland Medical Laboratory (QML) pathology centre. One was a Liver Function Test (LFT) item #66211 where six or more elements were requested. This is the highest amount of different elements in the LFT category. Mum also had a hormone and hormone binding proteins test item # 66413 and the request was for five items. This test can be used to detect testosterone, oestrogen, cortisol, and thyroid levels.

Mums doctor gave a statement to the inquest stating quote

“In 1996 and 1997 Dr. ‍⚕️ worked at Southport Park medical center in Southport Queensland and saw Marion as a patient on a number of occasions. Marion had multiple concerns. She reported that her hair was thinning. She was having hot flushes and she was getting symptoms, perhaps to tribute to anxiety or feeling stressed. Dr ‍⚕️ stated that Marion was attributing the symptoms to changes being implemented at TSS. She talked at great length about the Gonski concept and how it was going to change the system for the better but without his clinical records he was unable to be more precise about Marion’s medical status, Dr ‍⚕️ indicated that he wasn’t aware if Southport Park was still maintaining their handwritten records (at the time of him being interviewed in August 2019 (only took 22 years!).
Marion never spoke to Dr ‍⚕️ about problems in her family life, traveling overseas or wanting a lifestyle change. She did mention having a misunderstanding, or perhaps people not comprehending her style of teaching and was facing some antagonism from her colleagues. Marion spoke about the dynamics at work not being right. Records reflect that Dr ‍⚕️ Last saw Marion on 13 June 1997. He surmised that it was likely that appointment was made to discuss test results that he ordered around that time Dr ‍⚕️ conducted only consultations with Marion and he did not conduct any actual procedures. Dr ‍⚕️ clarified that Medicare code 0023 reflects a standard consultation where is 0036 reflects a longer consultation likely to discuss results and alike”.

I would like to note that the Gonski Concept was not introduced until February 20, 2012! 5 years after my mum disappeared…. Yet another massive problem when police do not act accordingly and do not interview key people in a missing persons case!""""""
Correct me if I’m wrong but in the UK I believe medical records are held for a period 10 years after death. I don’t know the rules in Australia but as Marion’s death was only officially confirmed recently did they not hold onto all her medical records?

Correct me if I’m wrong but in the UK I believe medical records are held for a period 10 years after death. I don’t know the rules in Australia but as Marion’s death was only officially confirmed recently did they not hold onto all her medical records?
I think it might be only 7 years from the date of the last contact in Australia?

I think it might be only 7 years from the date of the last contact in Australia?
For private medical practices/clinics, that appears to be the case, but I seem to remember SL mentioning that Medicare records are kept a lot longer. With the death cert, SL would be able to access all of Marion’s Medicare records including details on the Grafton optometrist visit. Hopefully the application for access to Marion’s full Medicare records plus her income tax returns is progressing smoothly.

“ She talked at great length about the Gonski concept and how it was going to change the system for the better but without his clinical records he was unable to be more precise about Marion’s medical status....."

SL. : I would like to note that the Gonski Concept was not introduced until February 20, 2012! 5 years after my mum disappeared…. Yet another massive problem when police do not act accordingly and do not interview key people in a missing persons case!""
I find it difficult to believe MB Dr stating she was referring to the Gonski concept in schools back then and believe he was mixed up with it being such a long time before being interviewed.
Theres just no way this would have been discussed by teachers yrs before when it wasnt even implemented in the Education system in 1996/ 1997

Another debacle by QLD and NSW police not doing their job back in 1997 IMO.

It was possibly more like Marion was thrilled about the introduction of the Year 2 Diagnostic Net & literacy and numeracy tests which was to begin in schools in 1996 along with non contact time and the reading recovery program.

How anyone was expected to know what anyone said 20+ years after the event was ridiculous

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catheonlineghost
Back