FL - Jared Bridegan, 33, father of 4, ambushed & killed, Jacksonville Beach, 16 Feb 2022 *3 arrests, 1 guilty* #2

okay - I have 5/17 for Gardner next. But this article from the quote says 5/24 - and since I do not have access to the article is this for both of them of JUST Gardner?? Per court site Gardner's next hearing on 5/17 .... can you tell I am confused...
Yeah me too. I noticed the 5/24/24 date wasn't added to her calendar yet. I'll go in and see if all the info has been updated yet.

Friday, May 17th:
*Case Management Hearing (Gardner only) (@ 9am ET) – FL – Jared Galen Bridegan (33), father of 4 ambushed & killed (shot 4 times), his 2-year-old daughter was just feet away in the back seat, Jacksonville Beach, Feb. 16, 2022. – *Shanna Lee Gardner-Fernandez (36/now 37) indicted & arrested (8/17/23 by ATF agents in West Richland, Wash.), charged & arraigned (11/3/23) with 1st degree murder, conspiracy to commit murder, solicitation to commit a capital felony & child abuse. DA will seek the DP. Held without bail on Fugitive warrant (in Benton County, WA). Was extradited on 10/20/23 to Florida. Plead not guilty. No bond.
*Mario Enrique Fernandez Saldana (34/now 36) arrested (in Kissimmee, Orange County, 3/22/23) & charged & indicted (3/16/23) & arraigned (4/4/23) with 1st degree murder with a weapon, conspiracy to commit 1st degree murder, solicitation to commit a capital felony & child abuse. In Orange County jail waiting for transfer to Jacksonville in Duval County. Transferred to Duval County on 3/22/23. Held without bond. Plead not guilty. DA will seek the DP.
Trial was set to begin on 4/13/24 for both was cancelled with no further dates.
Judge London M. Kite. State attorney Christina Simak Stiller. Gardener defense attorneys Jose Angel Baez, lead counsel & Patrick K. Korody.
Saldana defense attorneys Frank John Tassone, Jr., Jesse Driecer & James Hill.

Case & court info from 3/16/23 thru 5/13/24 reference post #466 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...-feb-2022-3-arrests-1-guilty-2.689030/page-24

5/12/24 Docket update: Defendant's 2nd Disclosure to Prosecution (Gardner). Defendant's witnesses to be called at evidentiary hearings and/or trial: 1. Henry M. Cox, III, esq 7 Megan White, c/o Korody Law filed by Baez.
5/14/24 Docket Update: Gardner: State's motion for pretrial detention & motion to deny bail. 5/15/24 Update: Gardner: Judge London Kite presiding. Present: Asst. State attorney Christina Simak-Stifler, defendant attorney Jose Baez, defendant present in jail. Others present: A. Mizrahi (ASA) & P. Korody for defense. Hearing on defense's motion to set bond & state' motion for pretrial detention & motion to deny bail held in full. Motion to determine confidentiality of 2 exhibits. Court Order on defense unopposed motion to determine confidentiality of 2 exhibits. Clerk's memo of hearing. Court Order First Coast News' & the Florida Times-Union's motion to intervene & oppose closure of hearing on defense motions to disqualify 4th Judicial Circuit Office of State attorney [Dkt #101]. Court Order on non-party WJAX-TV's motion to intervene for the limited purpose of opposing closure of Judicial proceedings [Dkt #102]. Court Order on Graham Media Group, Florida, Inc.'s motion to intervene & oppose closure of hearing on defense motions to disqualify 4th Judicial Circuit Office of State attorney [Dk #99]. Next case management conference on 5/17/24 @ 9am. 5/13/24 Docket update: Court Order on motion for in-camera inspection [Dkt #187]. Next case management conference hearing on 5/24/24 @ 1pm. 5/13/24 Docket update: Saldana: Court Order on motion for in-camera inspection [Dkt #187]. Next case management hearing on 5/24/24 @ 1pm.
*Henry Arthur Tenon (61/now 62) – Plead guilty (3/17/23) to 2nd degree murder & will testify against Saldana & Gardner. Status hearing on 5/20/24.

As mentioned earlier, this is a good timeline article.
I am just trying to pull up the Defense's case for grantinng Shanna bond.....

It does seem so weak. Why would a judge grant bond?????

Started a little after 5:30 p.m.

Defense witness #1: Hank Coxe, Gardner’s former attorney

• Cox talks about how he sent a letter to State Attorney’s Office saying Gardner would surrender if they wanted her to and no one responded.

Defense witness #2 via Zoom, was clergy member of LDS church

Defense witness #3 Marlow Rogers, Shannon’s Washington neighbor

Defense Witness #4 Megan White, Shanna’s older sister (lives in Utah)

• “She was being run out of her home” (when she moved out of Florida)
  • Kids have expressed they miss mom
  • “There have been times where LB has had problems when he’s been struggling and later on when Shanna has called he’ll find that she’s been having a rough day also so it’s a connection that goes beyond distance.”
  • Said if Shanna gets bond she’ll remain in the state and parents will come down with the kids.
  • “I don’t think they cared about how he [Jared] treated their daughter.”
  • Q: “Stampin’ Up released a letter about Jared’ death? A: “Yes.” Q: “Despite this, you’re saying has your family hasn’t talked about Jared’s murder?” A: “We’ve discussed it but we haven’t speculated.”

Defense’s arguments:

• “They could have called Kim Jensen to the stand for you, your honor.”
  • “They chose to call a detective who couldn’t even get his facts right.”
  • According to defense, Kim Jensen was brought in during a traffic stop and essentially forced her down to the SAO. When she made statements to detectives, the defense said these were not recorded. So it’s hearsay
  • “You have no evidence of any planning, plotting or participation.”
  • Ms. Gardner has no criminal history
  • Asks court to not take into consideration family’s money when/if setting bond.
5:51 p.m.: The defense calls Hank Coxe to the stand, who was Gardner’s first attorney.

5:47 p.m.: Baez cross-examined Detective Chris Johns with Jax Beach PD for the defense.

• Showing text messages to the detective about how “I’m gonna kill someone” have been used in other conversations but doesn’t mean Shanna is actually going to kill someone.
  • “The next message says, ‘I need a break from my kids, like I’m ready to kill them,’” Baez said. “and that’s a lot of how Shanna Gardner speaks.”
  • Baez: “So you’re the lead detective in this case where they allegedly looking for a hit man. You have it right there in black in white … and you never go talk to the person that they’re allegedly looking for?
  • Johns: “I believe when we were looking for her her phone number had changed and we were unable to contact her.” Then said he had to check his notes
  • Baez: “You knew you were testifying in a capital death penalty case and you didn’t bring your notes?”
*shifting to night of murder

• 17:16 “She [Kim Jensen] in fact told you [detective] that this was just how they spoke.”
  • 17:17 (Baez) You don’t have any text messages about hiring a hit man in 2020 or 2021 or anything like that? (detective) “no”
  • 17:20 [Baez] You are aware there’s not a single text message between Shanna Gardner and Henry Tenon that exists on this earth? [detective] “No I’m not aware of that. [baez] “And you never found any phone records between Henry Tenon and Shanna Gardner.”
  • (Baez) 17:20 “And in fact Henry Tenon told you that he never met Shanna Gardner”
  • No DNA evidence tying Shanna to crime (detective agreed)
  • 17:23 *Mario had access to trust account. “There’s not a single check signed by Shanna Gardner from that account.” (Detective) Not that I’m aware of
  • 17:37 ***Baez comment about how this is detective’s first homicide case
Thank you so much for this Timeline. I've bookmarked it for future reference. So, the judge suppressed Shana's text messages?

Microsoft executive’s ex-wife wrote ‘good luck’ on check to a hitman. Now she’s charged with murder

... a check was written to Mr Tenon on 4 April, 2022 for the amount of $5,000, from Gardner and Saldana’s LLC, First Choice Home Rentals. Written on the check were the notes: “Kickstarter” and “Good luck!”

“Mr Tenon stated that this was the first of many payments that were supposed to be an investment into his pallet company which was actually payment for the homicide,”

HENRY ARTHUR TENON
DOB: 2/9/1961

16-2022-CF-008168-AXXX-MA (2nd case ID # for DRIVING WHILE LICENSE SUSPENDED OR REVOKED - FELONY and UNLAWFUL SPEED (REQUIRES SPEED))

Calendar has new date 5/28/24, since 5/20/24 was cancelled.

Calendar
1715974096250.png

Docket

1715974128184.png

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members