Found Deceased WA - JoAnna Speaks, 32, from OR, found dumped in Ridgefield, Apr 2023 *arrest*

JUL 28, 2023
[...]

AH said she’s determined to find out what happened to her step-sister, 32-year-old JoAnna Speaks.

For weeks, the community thought her death was connected to the death of five other women who were found in the Portland Metro Area over the last six months. However, the Multnomah County District Attorney only linked four women, Charity Perry, Kristin Smith, Ashley Real, and Bridget Webster to a potential person of interest.

AH said they haven’t learned any new information about JoAnna’s case, just the new information in the cases of the four other women. She said she is grateful investigators are making headwind on their cases but not having JoAnna included does feel like a setback.

“For a second were like dang, we’re one step behind now, but I do believe that there is a connection there,” AH said. “It’s maybe just not as obvious as they found for the other girls.”

[...]

“I just don’t want her case to be forgotten,” AH said. “She was a loved, beautiful person who was going through some of her own struggles. But we miss her, more than anything.”

[...]

Nov 27, 2023 article

[…]

Investigators say they believe 32-year-old Joanna K. Speaks was killed in Portland and that her body was moved to the abandoned property, according to a Portland police news release. No arrests have been made.

[…]

MAY 13, 2024
[...]

A person of interest in connection with the killings, Jesse Lee Calhoun, is jailed on a parole violation and could be released next month. The convicted felon had his sentence commuted in 2021 by then-Gov. Kate Brown for helping battle wildfires while imprisoned for burglary, car theft and assaulting an officer.

NewsNation spoke with the mothers of the women, who share a bond they never hoped to have.

[...]

There are indications of progress despite authorities’ silence.

“I think we all feel we are there,” a mother said. “We are at the end of this finish line. It is going to happen.”

1/3 I interviewed the girlfriend of the person of interest in the Portland, Oregon serial killings. Krista Sinor told me Jesse Calhoun would write “*advertiser censored*” and “*advertiser censored*” on her body during sex and that they had “rules” for the bedroom and he would throw her on the bed.

2/3 Krista says Calhoun knew at least two of the victims. While she says she is suspicious and believes he may have been involved in the deaths, she also says she has a hard time seeing him in that way. She says she is conflicted.

3/3 While I was in her apartment, I noticed a pile of men’s clothing. She told me the clothing belongs to Jesse. She is keeping his stuff in case he gets out of jail. She says “the whole thing has been confusing.”

MAY 17, 2024
Jesse Lee Calhoun, the person of interest in the deaths of several local women in 2023, was indicted Friday on murder charges for three deaths.

According to the Multnomah County District Attorney’s Office, Calhoun is accused of murdering Charity Lynn Perry, 24, Bridget Leanne Webster, 31, and Joanna Speaks, 32.

Calhoun, a convicted felon, faces charges including three counts of second-degree murder and three counts of second-degree abuse of a corpse.

[...]

MAY 17, 2024
[...]

Marrero said police and prosecutors last year scheduled a grand jury to hear the case in May, aware that Calhoun was set to be released from prison next month.

“We knew that we would need to move forward by that time,” she said.

[...]

A Clackamas County SWAT team caught up with Calhoun during a traffic stop on July 6 at a Milwaukie gas station, according to Calhoun’s ex-girlfriend, Krista Sinor. Calhoun jumped into the Willamette River to evade capture, according to Sinor and police, but eventually returned to shore and was arrested.

He’s been held in near isolation in prison since and will remain behind bars once he is transferred to the Multnomah County Detention Center to face charges here, prosecutors said. The new indictment against Calhoun was not filed in court as of Friday afternoon.

[...]

MAY 24, 2024
[...]

The two-page indictment indicates prosecutors relied on 16 witnesses before the grand jury including detectives, medical examiners, and forensic scientists. The grand jury met behind closed doors for three days before returning an indictment against Calhoun.

The indictment claims Calhoun killed Perry on March 8, 2023. Her body was discovered on April 24 in a culvert near Ainsworth State Park in the Columbia River Gorge.

Speaks was murdered on March 18, 2023, according to the indictment. Her body was found near an abandoned barn in Ridgefield on April 8. According to the Clark County Medical Examiner’s Office, Speaks died of blunt head and neck injuries.

Calhoun is accused of killing Webster on April 26, 2023, according to the indictment. Webster’s body was discovered in rural Polk County on April 30, about 70 miles from Portland.

[...]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JamesLittle
Back