Amanda Knox tried for the murder of Meredith Kercher in Italy *NEW TRIAL*#11

Status
Not open for further replies.
"All that we know is that around 8:40 pm Amanda Knox was still at Raffaele's apartment. Jovana Popovic, a Polish student who knew Raffaele, came by his apartment to inform him that she no longer required him to give her a drive to the bus station. Jovana did not see Raffaele, and she was told he was in the bathroom by Amanda.[3] Sollecito received a phone call at 8:42 pm that was handled by the cell tower covering his apartment so he was likely at the apartment until at least 8:42 pm.[4]"

Ok, Jovana's time...it can't be that specific as to the minute. She could gotten there perhaps 5 or 10 minutes earlier or something.

His cell tower...but they could have been walking towards the cottage at that time, but still within his cell tower range.

They turn the phones off walking towards the cottage, because they have already planned this "prank."

It is only a few minute walk to the cottage.

Thanks.

Are we talking about the "load of rubbish" ? IIRC RS mentions this in his prison diary and explains why he said it.

thanks. whoever told this to CD, must've gotten it wrong that it was police who said this. however, i can see how load of rubbish/sack of *** are similar ways to state something.

The prosecution maintains that it rained on the night of the murder. Dempsey was in Seattle at the time of the murder, and the prosecutor was in Italy, so he's most likely correct.

:floorlaugh:

it doesn't matter where CD was... she wrote the defense said it hadn't rained. (didn't AK and RS hire italian lawyers? )

i can give you a list of things the prosecutor got wrong...

thanks. whoever told this to CD, must've gotten it wrong that it was police who said this. however, i can see how load of rubbish/sack of *** are similar ways to state something.

:floorlaugh:

it doesn't matter where CD was... she wrote the defense said it hadn't rained. (didn't AK and RS hire italian lawyers? )

i can give you a list of things the prosecutor got wrong...

What is funny about the Prosecutor stating that it rained on the night of the murder?

Knox told the lawyer her version of reality, the lawyer presented that in court, Dempsey remarked on it in her cooking blog, and that makes it a fact? I don't think so. Perhaps Dempsey looked at historical, regional weather records and decided that they were more accurate than eye witnesses, which is no better.

The telegraph attributes a statement to Sollecito that he "told a load of rubbish". I've provided the link numerous times in the last 6 months. (Telegraph UK rubbish and statement should bring it up in google)

Interesting. Maybe he used the sock to avoid leaving fingerprints on the handles of both bags, not expecting his DNA to get left behind INSIDE the bag.

Or the purse was collected on the notorious Dec 18th collection and can't be used as evidence, if we discount the bra clasp for that reason.

So maybe RG never touched that empty purse and it wasn't put there by him at all.

What do you guys think of this:

-turn their cell phones off at 8:42 b/c they are at the cottage waiting for Meredith to come home so they can "surprise" spook her....turn the phones off so that they don't ring while Meredith is close to and coming into the house...that would ruin the "surprise"......

-they were all waiting for her, all 3

-Meredith comes home

I don't know how this fits it with the time frame of the murder....what are some thoughts on this?
This seems very plausible, and I was even thinking of something else--when Rudy speaks in the Skype call of the door bell ringing (kind of makes you think of "Trick or Treat" and how Mignini had speculated that maybe it was intended for the night of Halloween, but Meredith was not available) - maybe Guede was hiding in the bathroom, and AK and RS were supposed to ring the bell? just a thought....

This seems very plausible, and I was even thinking of something else--when Rudy speaks in the Skype call of the door bell ringing (kind of makes you think of "Trick or Treat" and how Mignini had speculated that maybe it was intended for the night of Halloween, but Meredith was not available) - maybe Guede was hiding in the bathroom, and AK and RS were supposed to ring the bell? just a thought....

OK, and then what? Anger escalates, Meredith decides to call her mother, and within 30 minutes give or take, Amanda has stabbed her in the throat and left her for Rudy to violate.

Sorry, IMO your brainstorm has more coherence than the prosecution's theories, but for me there's an unbreachable gulf, an abyss between the idea of pranking a room mate and/or friend and then violently stabbing her; and following that by carefully directing wacky Rudy and new BF Raffaele on how to make it look like a robbery.

I do believe that is the reason for the cell phones turning off at 8:42...that would make sense for a prank. Also vibrate does not work b/c you can still hear the vibration.

Thoughts?
Yes, within the prank theory the turning off of the cell phones becomes very sensible. You're right :)

"Amanda Knox has admitted on her personal blog for the first time that she had previously been involved in a ‘staged robbery’ during her time at the University of Washington. She admitted that the hazing prank, played on her flat-mates at the University of Washington, involved messing up the flat and hiding things to make it appear as if items had been stolen. Knox used "mutual friends" of her other housemates to help fake the burglary in her own premises. She acknowledges that it caused "distress" to her housemates and she and her accomplices had to apologise for the act. She does not disclose, however, what exactly happened or the full role of the "mutual friends". "

http://www.tekjournalismuk.com/45/post/2014/01/exclusive-amanda-knox-admits-staging-burglary.html
Fixed the link :) Suddenly I feel there is not much left to discuss. Now we know Knox has a MO of playing a prank on a roommate and staging a burglary. I believe there will be a guilty verdict for both. We will see what the sentencing will be. Then the discussion continues about extradition.
http://justice4ever.com/2014/01/extradition-amanda-knox/

Yes, very interesting!

OK, and then what? Anger escalates, Meredith decides to call her mother, and within 30 minutes give or take, Amanda has stabbed her in the throat and left her for Rudy to violate.

Sorry, IMO your brainstorm has more coherence than the prosecution's theories, but for me there's an unbreachable gulf, an abyss between the idea of pranking a room mate and/or friend and then violently stabbing her; and following that by carefully directing wacky Rudy and new BF Raffaele on how to make it look like a robbery.

Prank gone wrong, Quesarita, prank gone terribly wrong.

Why else would they turn their cell phones off at 8:42? Jovana cancelled the plans to take her to the airport, Amanda didn't have work, as soon as Jovana told them she cancelled, they were free. They had already planned everything out b/c they were originally supposed to do it the night before. They put their plan into action as soon as they found out they were both free for the night.

Well, the murder was never intended. And the staging of the burglary may have happened prior to the crime, as part of the prank. Am I beginning to sound like Mignini ? :eek:

Fixed the link :) Suddenly I feel there is not much left to discuss. Now we know Knox has a MO of playing a prank on a roommate and staging a burglary. I believe there will be a guilty verdict for both. We will see what the sentencing will be. Then the discussion continues about extradition.
http://justice4ever.com/2014/01/extradition-amanda-knox/

bbm

I feel the same. There is stuff to discuss, but now it's focused on details of how this prank went down and how they had planned it, and how it went wrong.

IMO, the debate of lone-wolf vs. the 3 participants is pretty much dead. MOO.

I just feel that the scenarios that have been brought forth in court seem much more realistic than they did before.

I still don't think it happened exactly as they have described but none of us will probably ever know exactly what happened.

I can certainly see why the innocence people didn't want this out there. I'll bet her attorneys would like to choke her. As well as her parents.

I also think sometimes that perhaps Amanda confirmed the rumor b/c she didn't think anyone would be able to connect the dots. Just like she thought investigators would just buy into her staging, etc..
Also she has gotten lulled into a false security b/c some people believe all the stuff she wrote in her book, so she thought it would be "no big deal" if she admitted to this prior prank.

Do y'all really believe that you've cracked the case with the "prank" theory?
After 6 years and multiple trials it's finally been solved. Hooray!:cheers:

Do y'all really believe that you've cracked the case with the "prank" theory?
After 6 years and multiple trials it's finally been solved. Hooray!:cheers:

Thank you for your support, whoanellie :)

It explains a lot of things such as the cell phones, the motive, the knives, the connection with Rudy - those are big things, don't you think? After all, it was the innocent side kept bringing up, but why, why, why? What about Rudy, how does Rudy fit into it?

And prior to this, innocent side could simply ignore the GLARING fact of both of their cell phones being turned off, b/c it didn't match the theory b/c that would have been pre-meditated. Well, now we know that it was pre-meditated, just not the murder, only the prank.

How convenient that for 6 years, innocent side has been able to totally ignore their cell phones (Amanda and RS's), the fact that they were turned off.

Thank you for your support, whoanellie :)

It explains a lot of things such as the cell phones, the motive, the knives, the connection with Rudy - those are big things, don't you think? After all, it was the innocent side kept bringing up, but why, why, why? What about Rudy, how does Rudy fit into it?

And prior to this, innocent side could simply ignore the GLARING fact of both of their cell phones being turned off, b/c it didn't match the theory b/c that would have been pre-meditated. Well, now we know that it was pre-meditated, just not the murder, only the prank.

How convenient that for 6 years, innocent side has been able to totally ignore their cell phones (Amanda and RS's), the fact that they were turned off.

How DOES the prank involve a connection with Rudy?

How DOES the prank involve a connection with Rudy?

A prank robbery with just 2 people doing the scaring is not very effective. They needed another person. Maybe they thought of Rudy, the guy Amanda had seen at the downstairs' apartment a couple of times, and also Raffaele must have seen him tme to time at the basketball courts. He was a male and also he was Black - maybe they thought this would be a perfect addition to their group, to really make the prank work and really scare Meredith.

Or maybe they just ran into him on the way there, and decided to ask him to join to make their prank work better.

What do you guys think of this:

-turn their cell phones off at 8:42 b/c they are at the cottage waiting for Meredith to come home so they can "surprise" spook her....turn the phones off so that they don't ring while Meredith is close to and coming into the house...that would ruin the "surprise"......

-they were all waiting for her, all 3

-Meredith comes home

I don't know how this fits it with the time frame of the murder....what are some thoughts on this?

No it doesn't fit. You need to work on it.

7.51pm Guede is at the cottage.

At 8.40pm Amanda is speaking to Joanna Popovic.

8.42pm to 8.46pm Raffaele is talking to his Dad from his landline.

9.01pm Meredith arrives home and Guede admits being there.

There's human interaction on Raffaele's computer at 9.10pm and 9.26pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member