Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
The explanation we (all all of us) were given was frustrating and did not make sense. I'm not saying it doesn't make sense if we totally knew what had transpired, but I don't think they can be accused of not being objective....how can you be objective under those circumstances. I don't think they thought all the objects were plane debris, they were further confused by the news conference because we are now not supposed to call it debris...I really scratched my head on that one also. Doesn't matter where it came from, it's debris from somewhere and the real explanation is probably that our oceans are full of garbage.

For myself, I was glad to hear Anderson and the experts questioning what we are being told.

Oh I think they (the CNN crew) can be blamed a bit for their frustration now. The authorities indicated the projected flight path was far from certain, and the Australians clearly indicated right off the bat that the objects seen from space might not be related to the plane, and no one ever said any different. But each day the reporters and their experts just more and more assumed that this was the spot, and they ran with it.

I have been looking for a Boeing 777 emergency checklist to see if I can determine if the steps the plane took may indicate a fire or another emergency. I am still looking but found this link below which is a template used to create the actual checklists. It is very interesting as some of the steps do involve these items below (in no particular order...just listing things I saw very interesting).

General:

At the beginning of an SFF event, the
crew should consider all of the following:
- Protecting themselves (e.g., oxygen
masks, smoke goggles).
- Communication (e.g., crew, air
traffic control).
- Diversion.
- Assessing the SFF situation and
available resources.

Extinguish Source:

-Rapid extinguishing or elimination of the
source is the key to preventing escalation
of the event.

Smoke or fumes removal:

- The decision to remove smoke or fumes
must be made based upon the threat
being presented to the passengers or
crew.

- Crews should accomplish procedures in
the Smoke or Fumes Removal Checklist
only after the fire has been extinguished
or if the smoke or fumes present the
greatest threat.

-Manufacturer’s initial steps that remove
the most probable smoke or fume
sources and reduce risk must be immediately
available to the crew. These
steps are developed by the manufacturer
and typically have the pilot turn off components
or systems having the highest
probability of addressing a smoke/fire/
fume source. These steps should be
determined by model-specific historical
data or analysis.

- Initial steps for source elimination:

- Should be quick, simple, and
reversible.

- Will not make the situation worse or
inhibit further assessment of the
situation.

- Do not require analysis by the crew

http://www.boeing.com/commercial/aeromagazine/articles/qtr_01_09/pdfs/AERO_Q109_article03.pdf

Got a question .....

Do the black boxes float ? If not, wouldnt it make more since if they were made out of floating material ?

Yup it should float and have them ping longer. It would save millions of dollars..
:banghead:

Actually, I thought because it was going faster, that it was manually flown rather than autopilot...
That's why I asked the question earlier, because when you are driving a car on cruise control, and you take it off cruise control, you accelerate to do so. Plus it supports the pilot suicide theory.

But I thought the plane, when descending down to 12,000 feet it would have slowed the plane down. I'm so confused...

KUALA LUMPUR: Friends of Captain Zaharie Ahmad Shah have insisted that it was purely speculative to claim that the pilot was ‘solely responsible’ for the fate of the missing flight MH370.

They were responding to a USA Today report, quoting an unnamed investigator, which said that the experienced 53-year-old Malaysia Airlines (MAS) pilot was believed to be responsible for diverting the Boeing 777-200ER hundreds of kilometers off-course.

“It is not just me. I have spoken to his friends. None of us believe that the Captain could be involved,” said Peter Chong, who has known Zaharie for two years.

<modsnip>

Read more at: http://english.astroawani.com/news/show/mh370-captain-zaharie-didnt-do-it-friends-insist-32719?cp

How would it continue to fly for so many hours?:tantrum:

Agree totally, but why do many so called experts continue to disagree and suggest it continued to 'ghost' fly until it ran out of fuel? Is it their 15 minutes of fame, or do they genuinely believe what they say. It seems that the other examples of the Boeings were on the ground when the fire took hold and re the Egyptian plane it's felt it would not be possible to have continued flying for long.

If the Malaysian government is withholding pertinent information on purpose, I hope there is some sort of international remedy.

I can't help but feel there is something huge being intentionally kept secret. The actions and timeline of that night are too unusual. How could so many parties be asleep at the wheel? They lost a plane! The military radar indicated this (unidentified) aircraft in Malaysian airspace. So you have MA missing a plane, the military spotting an unidentified plane, yet instead of locating/identifying it, the plane just disappeared. Whoopsie. And it's after the plane was supposed to have landed in Beijing that an announcement of it being missing was made. What was happening between 1:30am and 7:20am by the parties on the ground? That's almost SIX HOURS!

It's almost appears as if Malaysia aided in this plane's travel to an unidentified ending point to the middle of nowhere. How could there be so many coincidences? I truly hope this investigation is being conducted in good faith.

Agree totally, but why do many so called experts continue to disagree and suggest it continued to 'ghost' fly until it ran out of fuel? Is it their 15 minutes of fame, or do they genuinely believe what they say. It seems that the other examples of the Boeings were on the ground when the fire took hold and re the Egyptian plane it's felt it would not be possible to have continued flying for long.

Exactly and it is making me crazy!
Along with everything else about the situation!:banghead:

As an aviation disaster freak, since childhood, being told by many around me , for years, that I am perverse in that fascination all my life -- could not help it, nor did I want to. As the world has learned it is pretty amazing, fascinating stuff.
That being said, I “caught” the story from hour one that Friday night. From the beginning, I found it “atypical” that the initial story was THE Airline was reporting IT had lost it flight 370. That is not how it works
Offices of major airlines, they are major airline, are not monitoring specific flights. Typically the breaking news would MAL airlines reports that ATC has lost contact with its flight 370 from x to x departing at, had x passengers aboard- that’s how it has worked, for decades.
For several days the graphics were that little segment 44 minutes and “poof”. Human behavior does not attempt to deceive unless there is something to hide.
The notion that it took 72 hours for them to say, opps we accidently discovered that the commercial flight u turned and flew over our entire nation and we did nothing sorry. That is absurd. I am not smart enough to know who is in conflict with one another over there.
But trust me, ( after 9-11)Canada, if its radar folks noticed an unknown jet liner incurring American airspace, (same would be true reverse) they would knock on the door. Hey guys just want to let you know we are tracking a unidentified commercial aircraft incurring in your airspace- are you getting it, just wanted to let you know. A neighbor seeing someone!
It’s the secrets!
Media has resulted with MAL being perceived as a third world carrier. They are not. They are losing money, BUT a highly sophisticated operation, 5 stars globally, with an impressive safety history.
There are only 8 other carriers, worldwide, that operate the queen of skies – Airbus A 380. She IS the queen now! She is two stories!!
Check her out UNREAL!
https://www.google.com/search?biw=836&bih=482&tbm=isch&q=airbus+a+380+interior&revid=1542759140

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Airbus_A380"]Airbus A380 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

The actual list price was US$ 390 million in early 2013. However this varies according to version and number ordered and is often lower

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_cost_price_for_airbus_A380_2013

If the Malaysian government is withholding pertinent information on purpose, I hope there is some sort of international remedy.

I don't think Malaysia is withholding information, if anything, the international working group is withholding information, which is understandable in an investigation. At this point, I think the Malaysian authorities are just the "messenger" in all of this. As you can see, Malaysian authorities are last on the list:

The international working group included representatives:

from the UK - Inmarsat, AAIB, and Rolls Royce
from China - CAAC and AAID
from the US - NTSB, FAA, and Boeing
as well as the relevant Malaysian authorities.

The group has been working to refine the Inmarsat data, and to analyse it &#8211; together with other information, including radar data and aircraft performance assumptions &#8211; to narrow the search area.

Information which had already been examined by the investigation was re-examined in light of new evidence drawn from the Inmarsat data analysis.
In addition, international partners &#8211; who continue to process data in their home countries, as well as in the international working group &#8211; have further refined existing data. They have also come up with new technical information, for example on aircraft performance.

Read more: MH370 Lost in Indian Ocean: Hishammuddin's statement : Day 21 - Latest - New Straits Times http://www.nst.com.my/latest/font-c...che=03/7.198169?page=0/7.238295#ixzz2xGpopqxz

bbm

I just read this article about a batch of 777s having a fault in the cockpit which caused another plane to burst into flames in 2011:

"Investigators pinpointed a problem with the cockpit hose used to provide oxygen for the crew in the event of decompression.

A total of 280 Boeing 777s had been delivered with the faulty wiring, Mr Healy-Pratt said

Following the 2011 blaze US aircraft owners were instructed to replace the system - it is not clear if Malyayisa Airlines had carried out this change, Mr Healy-Pratt said.

He said the fault can cause a 'blowtorch type fire' that will melt aluminium in a matter of seconds.

He explained depending on the severity of the fire it could take 90 seconds before the pilots are unconscious, but the plane could continue to fly on using -fly-by-wire - a system that replaces the conventional manual flight controls of an aircraft with an electronic interface"

Sounds plausible to me

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...owned-missing-jet-claims-London-law-firm.html

Yup it should float and have them ping longer. It would save millions of dollars..
:banghead:

Or it should be able to eject, float, and have a GPS on it. Maybe a search light too!
I am still shaking my head...
A lost 777 in 2014??
Moo

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

Agree totally, but why do many so called experts continue to disagree and suggest it continued to 'ghost' fly until it ran out of fuel? .

I don't know about everyone else but the notion of a "ghost plane" is freaking me out a bit... I am not normally spooked by much but the thought of a jet full of dead people flying through the skies is really unsettling!

Here's another completely naive and uneducated question.

Since the search is closer to land now--

Are there any type of aircraft that can drop a big net in the turbulent water and retrieve something? Either with or without loads of weight?

(Yep, I know nuttin' about nuttin', but maybe there is some sort of something that can do that.)

Has the FBI come out with their findings related to their analyzing of the simulator?

Given to Malaysia.

Disclosure will be up to Malaysia and whomever else governs commercial aircraft disaster proceedings (more than Malaysia), that seems to be confidential (maybe even classified) at this time.

Here's another completely naive and uneducated question.

Since the search is closer to land now--

Are there any type of aircraft that can drop a big net in the turbulent water and retrieve something? Either with or without loads of weight?

(Yep, I know nuttin' about nuttin', but maybe there is some sort of something that can do that.)

I'm sure they have something now and are already analyzing it. From what I understand, there was a Chinese ship in the search area today.

Just like they plucked a bunch of stuff from the other search areas and didn't tell us that they found the stuff and analyzed it and it's not the plane. NO, they didn't do that, they just announced a "new search area". It wasn't until they announced this that we found out that the satellite photos of the 100's of objects they did find earlier this week were not of the plane.

Given to Malaysia.

Disclosure will be up to Malaysia and whomever else governs commercial aircraft disaster proceedings (more than Malaysia), that seems to be confidential (maybe even classified) at this time.

Just file it away it that folder with the other confidential info that was listed the other day.

I'm sure they have something now and are already analyzing it. From what I understand, there was a Chinese ship in the search area today.

Just like they plucked a bunch of stuff from the other search areas and didn't tell us that they found the stuff and analyzed it and it's not the plane. NO, they didn't do that, they just announced a "new search area". It wasn't until they announced this that we found out that the satellite photos of the 100's of objects they did find earlier this week were not of the plane.

I wonder if they found any messages in a bottle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MildredVeraHolmes