TN - Evelyn Boswell, 15 months, Sullivan County, 26 DEC 2019 *MEDIA,MAPS,TIMELINE* NO DISCUSSION

MAR 10, 2020
Megan Boswell’s attorney tells News Channel 11 he is watching hours of recorded interviews between Megan and investigators
[...]

According to Sproles, he is currently watching videos of Boswell’s interviews with investigators at the Sullivan County Sheriff’s Office.

He told News Channel 11’s Kaylyn Kluck that he has only started to watch what he believes is about 20 hours of video interviews Megan Boswell has done with investigators. ...

Sproles said he is especially interested in watching the interview where Boswell gave ‘inculpatory’ statements to investigators and he believes this will be in the last interview she gave.

[...]

MAR 10, 2020
Evelyn Boswell: Body believe to be missing Tennessee tot was found in ‘out-building’ on grandfather’s property [Court Docs]
[...]

According to TBI special agent Brian Fraley, who testified in court Monday morning, the deceased child had on the same clothes that Evelyn was last seen wearing. Autopsy results and an official identification are still pending, but authorities said they likely discovered Evelyn Boswell’s body.

“The clothing, with the prior interview of Ms. Boswell, the clothing described in that interview was the exact clothing that was found on this child,” Special Agent Fraley said.

Boswell has not been charged with her daughter’s death. Her court-appointed lawyer, Brad Sproles, told News Channel 11 that he’s currently going through “hours of recorded interviews” between Boswell and investigators. He’s specifically searching for possible “inculpatory” statements Boswell gave.

[...]

MAR 10, 2020
‘Our focus has always been Evelyn…’: Evelyn Boswell’s father and his family release statement
Days after authorities found remains believed to be missing toddler Evelyn Boswell, we are hearing from her father, Ethan Perry and his family, for the first time.

You can read the full statement below:

“While we continue to ask for privacy as we grieve this terrible tragedy. It has come to our attention there are various unauthorized fundraising efforts on Evelyn’s and our family’s behalf in regards to Evelyn. Also, there are those on social media claiming to speak for our family, these claims are false.

Our focus has always been Evelyn and now on the investigation and bringing all of those responsible to justice. We have complete faith and confidence in law enforcement to do just that.

We ask you all again to please respect our privacy. At the same time, we would also like to thank the public for their outpouring of love for Evelyn and law enforcement for their incredible dedication to this case.

When and if the appropriate time comes for statements, fundraisers etc. It will come from our family and be relayed to, and confirmed by trusted media and or the authorities. Thank you again.”

[...]

MAR 10, 2020
Seeking closure, paying respects: Visitors stream to makeshift memorial for Evelyn Boswell
[...]

Hill, a mother and grandmother, is among those who’ve been consumed by the case. “Every day it’s on your mind, all day long,” she said. “You instantly want to love on your family a little bit harder.”

Answers are also something people are looking for, but not yet receiving, Hill said.

“You want answers of, ‘how did this happen, when did it happen, why did it happen?’ There’s just so many questions and not enough answers.”

In the meantime, Hill and hundreds of others show their love in small ways, visiting the memorial and offering tokens in Evelyn’s memory.

“I think it gives people a place to come and grieve,” she said. “A place to come and see other people, a place to see where Evelyn last was, where she was found — maybe to find some peace.”

[...]

MAR 10, 2020
Megan Boswell court records to be sealed, according to judge’s order
[...]

News Channel 11 obtained new court records on Tuesday, along with a copy of a judge’s order directing some records related to the Megan Boswell case to be sealed. Judge James Goodwin signed off on the motion, which was filed Monday afternoon. Under the seal, there is no available information about what the documents are, or what information they may contain. The amount of sealed records is also unclear.
SEAL.jpg

A copy of the judge’s order

[...]

MAR 10, 2020
Grandmother: Last time saw missing toddler was in September
[...]

The grandmother of the missing Blountville toddler said she last saw her granddaughter in September, and she thought the child she called “Eve” had been placed in foster care in recent months.

[...]

“It’s surreal,” Boswell said Monday night at her parents’ home in a trailer park near Kingsport. “It’s something that’s still sinking in to me.”

[...]

Angela Boswell, 42, said she knew something was wrong when she spoke last month with her ex-husband, Tommy Boswell Sr., who told her he planned to report Evelyn missing.

[...]

Angela Boswell said she had a falling out with her daughter, Megan Boswell — who is Evelyn’s mother — in September, the same month she said she last saw her granddaughter. On that occasion, her daughter brought Evelyn to stay with her while she visited a relative in the hospital, Angela Boswell said.

Toward the end of December, she said she heard that Evelyn had been removed from her mother’s custody and placed with a foster family. She said that led her to get back in touch with her daughter and try to help her. Still, she did not explicitly discuss Evelyn with Megan “Maggie” Boswell because she wanted her daughter to bring it up on her own when she was ready, Angela Boswell said.

[...]

The child had not actually been placed in foster care, but Angela Boswell said she believed that was true, and she thought her daughter was embarrassed about it.

“I just believed Maggie just didn’t want to come out and tell me that,” Angela Boswell said.

But on the evening of Feb. 17, Angela said she spoke with her ex-husband and learned that Evelyn was missing.

[...]

No one has been charged in the child’s disappearance, but she said she does not believe her daughter, Megan, is capable of harming Evelyn, and she doesn’t believe any other family member is involved either.

[...]

Angela Boswell said that she and her daughter mended their issues earlier this year and saw each other regularly again starting in January.

Megan Boswell was living with her boyfriend, Hunter Wood, according to Angela Boswell. But after the investigation into Evelyn’s disappearance was launched and an initial interview was conducted with Megan Boswell, her daughter reached out on Feb. 19 and said her boyfriend didn’t want her staying there any longer, she said.

Angela Boswell said she and her boyfriend, McCloud, picked her daughter up from a Shell gas station in Bristol, Virginia, and she was stressed about the investigation. She said they went for a drive to help her daughter calm down and later dropped her off at the Sheriff’s Office.

Angela Boswell said she was avoiding the Sheriff’s Office because she believed she had a probation violation from a past case and could be arrested.

She said she and McCloud spent the night of Feb. 19 in Bristol and traveled to Wilkes County, North Carolina — where she said McCloud is originally from — the following day “to clear my head.”

“I didn’t know how to react. I was shocked, I was stunned, I was hurting over Eve, I was hurting over Maggie, and everything was rolling so fast at the time,” she said.

The couple stayed overnight at a motel near Wilkesboro and later stopped at McCloud’s grandmother’s house, although Angela Boswell said she stayed in the car while her boyfriend went inside.

She said early in the afternoon of Feb. 21, she had been in touch with the Sullivan County Sheriff’s Office about returning and speaking with investigators. Soon after, she said her dad texted her to say the BMW she and McCloud were traveling in had become associated with the Amber Alert.

[...]

She said that in early February, Hunter Wood drove the BMW over to the Kingsport trailer park and gave the vehicle to her because she has two young kids — ages 3 and 7 — and she needed reliable transportation, she said.

[...]

Angela Boswell said she was surprised by the car theft charge, and she never spoke about the vehicle with its owner, Melissa Wood.

[...]

Since her arrest in North Carolina, Angela Boswell said she has spoken with a number of investigators and cooperated with authorities.

After she was extradited to Sullivan County, she said she briefly interacted with her daughter in a detective’s office on Feb. 25, the same day Megan Boswell was charged with filing a false report and arrested. Earlier in the day, before the arrest, Angela Boswell said she had a five-minute conversation with her daughter that officials recorded with the knowledge of the two women.

Angela Boswell declined to talk about the specifics of the conversation between mother and daughter.

[...]

While Angela Boswell acknowledges that some people may think she was fleeing town when she went to North Carolina, she said it was part of how she was processing a stressful situation.

“I was worried to death about Eve,” Boswell said. “My heart was broke and aching to a point that my mind wasn’t working right, but people don’t realize that.”

[...]

Asked about Megan’s statements, Angela Boswell said Monday that the claims aren’t true and she has no ties to Mendota.

Still, she said she thought the pressure of the case led her daughter to make those statements.

“It hurt me, but still that’s my child, and I love her,” she said.

[...]

“She loved that baby,” she said.

[...]

“I want people — instead of judging Megan — I’d rather them put her in their prayers and understand that she is a child, too, caught up in this.”

MAR 10, 2020
Vigils, fundraisers held for missing Blountville toddler
As the community continues to come together following the discovery of remains in the Evelyn Boswell case, dozens gathered at St. Anne Catholic Church in Bristol to pray Tuesday night.

[...]

“There is nothing worse, there is no situation that is worse to have experienced than something like this,” Hess said.

[...]

“There’s all the members of our community who are touched by just knowing what has happened. There are people who are continuing to work on this case who also need our prayers,” Hess said.

[...]

Another memorial is being held Friday at 6:30 p.m. in Kingsport at the Model City Event Center. A memorial motorcycle ride for Evelyn is scheduled Saturday at 2 p.m. and will begin at the Sullivan County Sheriff’s Office.

[...]

MAR 11, 2020
Judge seals autopsy records of remains thought to be Evelyn Boswell
[...]

An autopsy was performed at the William L. Jenkins Forensic Center in Johnson City. Authorities have not announced what the autopsy found.

I thought it was necessary because of the publicity the case has engendered, and because it's still under investigation," Staubus told Knox News on Wednesday. "I thought it would maintain the integrity of the investigation.

The move will make secret information about the identity and cause of death of the body until authorities decide to release it to the public. Autopsy reports are normally public records in Tennessee.

[...]

MAR 11, 2020
DA: Court to seal autopsy report for remains believed to be Evelyn Boswell
Sullivan County District Attorney General Barry Staubus confirmed with News Channel 11 Wednesday afternoon that the autopsy results for the child found on March 6, believed to be toddler Evelyn Boswell, will be sealed, once the autopsy is complete.

Autopsy report for Evelyn Boswell to be sealed
Sullivan County District Attorney Barry Staubus tells News 5 the results of the autopsy report of remains believed to be baby Evelyn Boswell will be sealed.

Staubus says it's due to the publicity surrounding the case.

MAR 11, 2020
TBI confirms remains found last week belong to Evelyn Boswell
[...]

Investigators announced that remains of a 15-month-old were found at a home on Muddy Creek Road in Sullivan County last Friday at a home belonging to the a relative of the child's mother, Megan Boswell.

TBI said they were limited on what they could say. On Wednesday, a judge sealed court documents about Evelyn Boswell's autopsy.

"Certain and swift justice will be administered to anybody involved in baby Evelyn's death," Sullivan County Sheriff, Jeff Cassidy said.

[...]

MAR 11, 2020
Tommy Boswell Sr's family says they are grieving over Baby Evelyn
They released the following statement to News 5:

"The immediate Boswell family of Evelyn are in anguish and grief over the loss. Its been a rough and trying time for everyone. At this time they do not want to speak publicly in regards to the tragedy. They are still trying to process what has happened. They ask for the media and public to respect their wishes. They need more time to grieve privately.

The show of love and support has not gone unnoticed. The family appreciates the prayers memorials and love that been shown for Evelyn. In such a dark time, it shows there are loving people out there, and all we want is Justice for Evelyn, and whoever is responsible to pay for the crime.

We would also like to say that there have not been any fundraisers or donations approved by the Boswell family.

The Boswell family would like to reach out to Ethan Perry and his family for all arrangements for sweet Evelyn. There has been lots of hate, threats and lies thrown at members of the family not involved in the disappearance of Evelyn and the family would like to keep the ceremony for family and close friends due to that.

We ask everyone to show respect for those who are grieving and experiencing a heartbreaking loss right now.

We'd also like to send out a special thank you to the Sullivan County Sheriff’s Office, the TBI, and FBI for the endless hours and work being put in to bringing Evelyn the Justice she deserves."

MAR 11, 2020
Tommy Boswell, Sr. and family release statement following TBI confirmation of Evelyn’s remains
You can read the family’s entire statement below.

“The immediate Boswell family (excluding Angela Jones Boswell ) of Evelyn are in anguish and grief over their loss. It has been a very rough and trying time for everyone. At this time they do not want to speak publicly in regards to the tragedy. They are still trying to process what has happened. They ask for media and the public to respect their wishes. They need more time to grieve, privately.

[...]

MAR 11, 2020
Community holding memorial service for Evelyn Boswell on Friday
[...]

According to the event page, the memorial service will be held at 6:30 p.m. Friday at the Model City Event Center in Kingsport.

... balloons will be released in her memory after the service.

... Nik Nak Dogs will be selling hot dogs, and donations will go to the Love One Feed One account in Evelyn's memory.

MAR 12, 2020 - Megan Boswell case status
Megan is now under the "Circuit Court" part with a new case #82CC1-2020-CR-72869

Hearing For Role Hearing Type Hearing Date/Time Judge Hearing Result
Megan Boswell Defendant Arraignment 05/08/2020 9:00 AM James F Goodwin

Megan Boswell Defendant Appearance 03/09/2020 9:00 AM James F Goodwin Continuance Granted

link: Sullivan County - Criminal Case Detail

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AMK
Back