GUILTY VA- Jiraiya Cherry, 3 months, found safe, Newport News, 4 Feb 2021 *Arrest*

Interestingly, the photo/pin from 8 months ago isn't hers, it was a different user and she simply re-pinned it, but still interesting to say the least.

She might have wanted to save a picture of a positive test to “prove” to people that she was pregnant. 8 months later...she has a baby. But I guess police foiled her plans with that! Thank god!

It's a misunderstanding!!!! She was babysitting him. She just took him home to her place to babysit him. Oh, she forgot to tell anyone what she was doing. No big deal. Well, what is the misunderstanding?? Moo
Yah, I was thinking the same thing. Wait for her defense atty to try a similar tactic.

"Um, ...Your Honor, my client was under the impression that she was to babysit the child in her own apartment. She was dumbfounded to see the police cars at her door..." :rolleyes:

FEB 5, 2021
Baby’s family speaks out after abduction in Newport News; woman accused faces judge | WAVY.com
[...]

Grandmother Tonisha Martin explained that the child’s uncle was at the apartment meeting for the first time with a woman they found to watch Jiraiya in an online babysitter group.

[...]

“[Uncle] Joe Joe was here because it was a trial run, so he was in the back letting her do her babysitting duties when she blocked Jerkia [Jiraiya’s mother]. She got worried, called Joe Joe and told him to come out of the room and go in the front and to see what was going on, and that’s when he came in the front and she [babysitter] was no longer there.”

She said the child’s mother was reportedly keeping in contact with the new babysitter through a messenger video chat, when the young woman suddenly blocked her.

[...]
This young mother was doing a great job, keeping the new babysitter on video chat, having her brother stay in the home, etc. I cannot fault her for the shocking incident.

It is a good thing that the kidnapper didn't have any patience or self control. She could have waited a day or two, until the parent's had more trust in her. And she may have had a much longer time before anyone noticed and she could have taken the poor baby much further away. The kidnapper really hadn't thought things through, thankfully.

NEWPORT NEWS, Va. (WAVY) — A woman accused of abducting a 3-month-old boy while babysitting him in a Virginia home confessed to police that she made a fake Facebook profile to set up the job, according to court records.

Babysitter confesses to using fake Facebook profile to abduct infant, court records show | WLNS 6 News
How awful for this woman whose name was used. As a result, she was questioned by police and her home was searched before they cleared her.

And, a neighbor of Reid's was also a victim:

Investigators also determined that Reid stole her neighbor’s license plates and put them on her own car on the day of the abduction.

I hope they throw the book at her. MOO

I think it's amazing they were able to find this woman so quickly. They were able to identify that she was the owner of the fake FB accounts. I've always been under the impression that it would difficult to get this information.
Using her neighbours license plates was very dumb. She brought them right to her own doorstep. She should have used a random car owner's, not her neighbour's. Thank Goodness criminals are usually dumbbells.

Plain evil.
t2411.gif

FEB 9, 2021
Babysitter confesses to using fake Facebook profile in abduction of Newport News infant, court records show | WAVY.com
Court documents also added that Reid “fought with the officers and threw Jirayia Cherry on the ground, who sustained injuries.” CCPD officers advised that the baby was wearing different clothes than the ones he was last seen wearing.

Plain evil.
t2411.gif

FEB 9, 2021
Babysitter confesses to using fake Facebook profile in abduction of Newport News infant, court records show | WAVY.com
Court documents also added that Reid “fought with the officers and threw Jirayia Cherry on the ground, who sustained injuries.” CCPD officers advised that the baby was wearing different clothes than the ones he was last seen wearing.

MY GOD what the f is wrong w her?????? poor tiny baby, i hope he is ok. i am glad he is too young to remember this.

FEB 11, 2021
Woman accused of abducting Newport News baby admits she made fake Facebook account, court documents say - Daily Press
[...]

A neighbor’s surveillance video caught an officer carrying the 3-month-old in a blanket before he was taken to a local hospital for medical evaluation, according to WTVR, a Richmond TV station.

Jiraiya was reunited with his family after an overnight stay at a hospital, the affidavit said. His family posted pictures and videos on Facebook of him smiling and cooing since then.

[...]

:)

Trial exposes why Chesterfield woman abducted 3-month-old baby from Newport News | 8News

During her trial Friday, Tykirah Reid plead guilty to felony abduction and misdemeanor contributing to the delinquency of a minor.

Reid’s initial charge of felony child neglect and endangerment was amended to the misdemeanor change included in Friday’s plea.

Reid’s sentencing hearing is for Oct. 15, 2021, at 9 a.m.
Wow. Shades of Magen Fieramusca in the Heidi Broussard case. :(

From the article:

Protogyrou explained that Reid had been in a relationship in 2020 for several months. During that time, she became pregnant and miscarried. The relationship ended and she became depressed. This drove the woman to create a fake Facebook profile and offer babysitting services.

The defense claimed Reid’s ex-boyfriend was mentally and physically abusive. After her miscarriage, he refused to talk to her. That’s when Reid had the idea to fake a pregnancy and show up with a child to try and reconcile, Protogyrou said.

The defense said she had a fake pregnancy belly and sonogram to make it look real.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Findhim
Back