Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think its simply because he was discarding her bag and laptop? It's all I can think of
Even if they had strong evidence that she was dead, it’s super rare for a department to say a victim is deceased this early in the proceedings. I’ve followed cases where the crime scene was a bloody mess, and they’ve still insisted it was a “missing persons investigation.”

There’s just got to be something more than incredibly suspicious activity, I would think. It would have to be nearly irrefutable.

IA. There’s one press conference in particular where Maya Millete’s sister can barely speak through her sobbing and rage, her pain is so raw it just makes you want to run to her and hold her as tight as you can so she doesn’t shatter into pieces.

Watching JS I feel annoyance and exasperation, esp in the second interview.

Not trying to sound judgey but as a new-ish mom with a toddler daughter I’ve tried putting myself in her shoes. I know I would be red-faced, my eyes would be swollen, my skin would be splotchy…I would be stammering as I tend to do when I’m extremely upset. I wouldn’t be positing where LE wouldn’t find her, I would be begging the local community to get outside if they are able bodied and search behind every tree, under any rock…call in any tip no matter how small. And I would be talking to the press from wherever she was last seen bc I wouldn’t be eating or sleeping, just combing the neighborhoods until I couldn’t stand upright.

You look at families like Crystal Rodger’s, and it just doesn’t make any sense for both adults in this case to seem so…unperturbed and dry eyed. I would think that in the case of a child, your only child you would be even more desperate and frantic.

Can’t remember who it was but I believe there was a woman who was pregnant and murdered, her baby kidnapped…her husband gave an interview or two and he had a super flat affect, he got totally annihilated by the public and it turned out that he wasn’t involved at all. So if I’m just being harsh I’ll eat crow easily, I’m just making observations as a true crime junkie and hyper vigilant BL reader.
I know what you mean, and I'd be the same as you. I'd like to think JS was medicated in order to get through this, causing her to seem, well, as she did.

Video in link:
I think this is my favorite picture taken from the video linked off her obituary. And OMG at playing the drums at that young age. I wanted a drum set in the 4th grade and was denied with a "Pick a different instrument". I shoulda gone with the bagpipes. lol

Looks like she also learned to play the guitar. And speak several languages. And very athletic. Wow! And ballet! And she wanted to be a singer and a house builder when she grew up. Way more aspirations than SS appeared to have.

RIP, sweet girl. People you never even met hold you in our hearts.

1709843471992.png

Yeah, that's what I thought. Dead, being unconscious or drugged could all look the same so they must have seen something more than a body not moving for them to state that so confidently.
When I saw the press conference about the police being able to visually determine that Madeline was deceased in the car, my inclination was rigor mortis as the reason.

...Can’t remember who it was but I believe there was a woman who was pregnant and murdered, her baby kidnapped…her husband gave an interview or two and he had a super flat affect, he got totally annihilated by the public and it turned out that he wasn’t involved at all. So if I’m just being harsh I’ll eat crow easily, I’m just making observations as a true crime junkie and hyper vigilant BL reader.
Your post is a reminder that we have to wait and let LE investigate the inconsistencies, and let LE determine who is guilty of what. It's painful when we plainly see "the tells", or hear, or don't hear.

It surprises me though that so many people will follow the sensationalism of a case, but then not follow through watching the trial. That's when Justice happens.

I remember that case well-- Heidi Broussard in Texas killed by her "best friend" who took the baby after. I try to keep that case in mind, we were wrong that time. Yes, many of us were guilty of thinking the husband was acting oddly suspicious. He was just being his natural self, poor guy, and many thought he was involved. Not! So, it's fine to observe and use your senses, notice the hinky, but best to hold back final judgement until more facts come in.

Sure. I can see how as a parent you'd want to point out if the child was considered more at risk for whatever reason. I am only highlighting it here because mom seemed to mention the autism/adhd diagnosis randomly during her interview with the media. It wasn't asked. I can see how it could come up in conversation - or why it would be important to mention. Maybe with more context it would not feel like a "narrative" to me - and she may have given more context to LE just not to us via the media and she is not required to. I just hope she did whatever she felt she needed to do in order to get police working on the case, and that any questions about her level of honesty are more related to her being extremely stressed and scared for Maddie than any possible attempt at a cover up on her part on behalf of someone else or herself.

If I recall correctly, and there's every chance I don't!, she mentioned the ADHD to explain why Maddie often forgot her phone.

If the mom had to work the day of Maddy's birthday party, then who took Maddy to the grandmothers and picked her up? The boyfriend? Or did mom drop her off and pick her up after work? Or did grandma pick her up? Being a single mom is rough, especially now, with inflation and rents increasing so much in Orlando. I'm sure mom had to work every hour that was offered, so I do not fault her for missing grandma's party. Something happened to Maddy in the middle of the night and she died. The boyfriend didn't live there right? He lived with his parents. Did he regularly come over after the mom got off of work and spend the nights? It seems so. I think the boyfriend told mom he was going to take Maddy to school so she could sleep in, like he had so many times before. But he was really making plans to get rid of the body. Can't dump the body and leave the backpack and laptop at home, because mom knew Maddy needed those things for school. Can't dump the backpack and laptop with the body because that would quickly identify a Jane Doe that he hoped would not be found for years. I think he came back after dumping the laptop and backpack so that he could get back into bed with the mom, like everything is fine. Then he made some excuse to leave again to for real dump the body.

Didn't Grandma say on the ring camera interview that SS taking Maddie to school was unusual, that JS always took her?

Bravo, TT!!! Someone who is making a HUGE and much needed difference. Hope to see a bill/law soon implement that does not allow details of the abused minor (under the age of 18) child disclosed. This personal info, such never be given to anyone, and should be sealed. It should not be allowed on the internet (imo) Have not opened links, but seeing this info is out there to read -- about what happened to MS is tragic, and feel she is being victimized all over ago. :confused: When does it stop? moo, at this time.

Heisman Trophy-winning quarterback and SEC football legend Tim Tebow donned a suit and tie Wednesday to go to battle for special MVPs: Most Vulnerable People.

The man who will forever be known as the Florida Gator who led the team to two BCS National Championship titles, Tebow testified March 6 at a House hearing on child abuse.

The Tim Tebow Foundation is proposing legislation "to enhance the capability to identify and locate the more than 50,000 unidentified children who are being abused, raped and tortured."

On Wednesday, Tebow made an emotional appeal, asking members of Congress to rescue unidentified children.

If I recall correctly, and there's every chance I don't!, she mentioned the ADHD to explain why Maddie often forgot her phone.

Didn't Grandma say on the ring camera interview that SS taking Maddie to school was unusual, that JS always took her?
And the warrant said it was unusual for her to be out of contact with friends and family... so did she often forget her phone then or...? 1709846285668.png

Even if they had strong evidence that she was dead, it’s super rare for a department to say a victim is deceased this early in the proceedings. I’ve followed cases where the crime scene was a bloody mess, and they’ve still insisted it was a “missing persons investigation.”

There’s just got to be something more than incredibly suspicious activity, I would think. It would have to be nearly irrefutable.
And I would think the video is not grainy so there was no doubt she was deceased - wonder what brand of cameras they have there? Plus if it’s guard gates they likely have video of cars coming and going ?
JMO

I know what you mean, and I'd be the same as you. I'd like to think JS was medicated in order to get through this, causing her to seem, well, as she did.
I've been on antidepressant and have had a " flat " affect, it was hard to cry. These days I cry easily and would be a slobbering mess. But everyone is different, anxiety, depression, neurodivergent, medications makes for different reactions

Yet SS said the opposite.

SS: I dropped her off early. I coulda waited longer. She looked okay. She was walking towards the school when I saw her. It was like any other day, so I went on with my day. It’s hard not to blame myself

I would be incredibly shocked if LE doesn't have a ton of high-quality video surveillance imagery that we don't know about yet. Kissimmee and Orlando are tourist areas visited by MILLIONS of people every year. I live in Myrtle Beach -- which is also well-known for its tourism but on a much, much smaller scale -- and we have more than 800 high resolution surveillance cameras scattered over every inch of our 17 square miles. I frequently listen to the local police scanner, and more often than not... LE has obtained a solid image of their suspect less than 30 minutes after a crime is reported. You can't travel in a car ANYWHERE around here without being captured on camera, and you'd probably be surprised by the quality of those images. I know laws vary by state, but I'd expect Florida surveillance laws to be much the same as those in South Carolina.

I expect LE to have a bunch of footage of this creep driving all over town. They just needed to know where to look first.

I think this is my favorite picture taken from the video linked off her obituary. And OMG at playing the drums at that young age. I wanted a drum set in the 4th grade and was denied with a "Pick a different instrument". I shoulda gone with the bagpipes. lol

Looks like she also learned to play the guitar. And speak several languages. And very athletic. Wow! And ballet! And she wanted to be a singer and a house builder when she grew up. Way more aspirations than SS appeared to have.

RIP, sweet girl. People you never even met hold you in our hearts.

View attachment 488735
I wonder if perhaps the general public wasn’t meant to have access to the video as it shows it has now been removed by the uploaded. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drena519