TX TX - Harley Warren Morris, 29, Tyler, 21 Jan 2024 *last seen after leaving a club*

All in my imo…. Yes, it would seem that he would be found by now if that was the case but this is the only thing I can imagine happening… I would like to know who was at the club that left shortly after the same time, heading towards the direction he was last seen headed… I hope cameras are helping police piece this together… I feel like everywhere has cameras these days
Based on the cars in the parking lot, there was still a lot of people at the club at 3 am. If the people he came to the club with left him behind, do we know why? Did they have an argument? Did they think he was hooking up with someone? Did something happen at the club that made the other party want to leave?

In that short video you see him walking toward the yellow vehicle, although the lights on the large dark vehicle makes me wonder if that was the person he came with and he was trying to catch up to them. If true, that suggests some kind of dispute or argument. However, I also see another guy further away who's already left the parking lot and is walking on the road. Harley's body language, when he takes off his cap and repositions it looks like he may be talking to someone. I don't know if it's the walking guy or the people who just got into the big vehicle. Is there any other video of him? Does the club video only take images in spurts like every 5 seconds or something? Based on how his personality, being described as responsible, I don't see him as deciding to walk in an unknown area while under the influence but being under the influence makes people reckless and make bad decisions. It's like an epidemic, just how many men go missing after leaving a bar.

There was a case close-ish to me many years back- Tony Luzio, I think he has a thread on here somewhere- where the fellow was missing for something like ten years and was eventually found in a retention pond not far from where he was last seen. His car had gone into the water and either the pond wasn't checked, no one saw him, some sort of bizarre combination of circumstances and he wasn't found for close to ten years. Sometimes people just don't resurface immediately for one reason or another and wouldn't be found unless divers were available and knew where to look. (See also: Kiely Rodni.)

I remember that. Some guy checking out Google earth images saw the car in the retention pond. No one ever noticed it.

Thank you for checking...
And this brings me a bit of relief.

The area is a combination of wooded areas, scrubby brush and random subdivisions. I read that there are a lot of thorny bushes and shrubs in Texas that can be used as a security perimeter around homes and businesses. Is it possible that Harley blundered off a road and got caught up in some of the thorny shrubs.

FEB 3, 2024
Loved ones came together to hold a candlelight vigil on the Pompano Beach pier, as authorities search for a South Florida man who was reported missing out of Texas.

Friends and family of 29-year old Harley Warren Morris gathered on Saturday to pray for his safe return after he disappeared in Tyler, a town in East Texas where he now lives.

Morris’ family said he was walking home from a club when he went missing, Jan. 21.

[...]

FEB 6, 2024
[...]

“Somebody has to know something, somebody had to have seen something; he could not have just disappeared,” said WAM, Harley’s mother.

WAM says that a nonprofit that conducts missing person searches has been assisting in the investigation. EquuSearch has used horses to search the North Tyler area, while also deploying drones and dogs.

Tyler police continue to review security footage from homes and businesses in the area. So far no clues have panned out, including one video that shows Harley walking north on Grand the morning he disappeared.

[...]

29 -year-old Harley Morris disappeared on January 21 as he was leaving an event venue in north Tyler.

His mother Wendi has been searching ever since.

Searching for weeks after the disappearance of her son, Wendi Attaway-Morris is still looking for an answer.

“Him and some of his friends, they get off a little late and decided to go to the Sports Zone and have a few drinks,” she says.

Morris then went to the 50 Grand Club in north Tyler. That was the last time he was seen, and that was nearly a month ago.

“We have video of him walking out into a parking lot and he just vanishes, basically,” Wendi says.

She left her Florida home, came to East Texas, and has been working tirelessly to find a clue.

“I stood on the corner begging people for information, handing out flyers, looking through dumpsters and underneath carpets,” Wendi says.

There is a Help Find Facebook Group for Harley, link below.
Per TOS it can be linked as his Mom, Wendi Attaway Morris is an Admin/Moderator on the page.

WAM is a very determined Mom, doing everything in her power to find Harley. I'm so sorry she is living this nightmare.
Happy to see Tim Miller is involved in the search.

e8c1cb5d-ec5c-40a6-9b9e-12cc12263d77_1140x641.jpg

Officers received video footage from businesses but nothing significant came out of those videos. They also received tips on areas of interest, but so far nothing has been found, Erbaugh said

Feb 23, 2024 article - mainly about increase of reward money.

[…]

“It’s the family and friends that have offered that extra $5,000 as an incentive to have people come forward with more information,” Erbaugh said. “Look on your property, look on your business cameras, look on your doorbell cameras. If you see anything, if you are driving around, going walking in that area, hanging out in that area, look for Harley.”

[…]

Just looked for any updates and it seems there are none.

It's a total longshot, but I did notice the train tracks just a little north of where he was last seen. Would there be anyway to find out if any trains came through around that time? Maybe he hopped a train and left his life behind. I know it's a stretch, but it does give hope he's still alive.

Also, do we know anything about his cell phone and/or any other digital evidence?

e8c1cb5d-ec5c-40a6-9b9e-12cc12263d77_1140x641.jpg

Officers received video footage from businesses but nothing significant came out of those videos. They also received tips on areas of interest, but so far nothing has been found, Erbaugh said
I’m new to this case, but is it possible he got a ride from someone, which wasn’t near cameras?

I’m new to this case, but is it possible he got a ride from someone, which wasn’t near cameras?
But why wouldn't he be back home? If someone did pick him up and he's still missing then that person may have done him harm. I'm sure LE have reviewed the video and discussed with the club who the individuals were who left just before him and just after him.

Big Sandy's Circle M Crawfish is offering a $10,000 reward for any information on Morris' whereabouts. Owner Ed Williams met Morris' mom in a unique way. He was contacted by a friend in Florida who also happened to know Harley’s mother.

"We have a mutual friend in Tampa, Florida who had reached out to me who knew me and knew where I was at," Williams said.

Since then, Williams has helped Morris' mother find a place to live as she moves to East Texas to search for her son.

"She was trying to get to $2,500 and I said ‘well, $2,500 isn’t going to be enough motivation.’ So I put up a $10,000 reward because that’s enough motivation for somebody to rat out their friends or tell anybody," Williams said.

It’s a gesture Williams hopes will bring light to new information.
"She’s been in dangerous situations just passing out flyers and asking if anybody’s heard from him or seen him," Williams said.

Video surveillance shows Morris leaving a local bar, walking across the parking towards Grand Ave. in the early morning hours of Jan. 21.

But why wouldn't he be back home? If someone did pick him up and he's still missing then that person may have done him harm. I'm sure LE have reviewed the video and discussed with the club who the individuals were who left just before him and just after him.
Unfortunately, that was exactly what I was thinking.
I should have said, “someone with nefarious intentions”.
Was there any activity on his bank cards, though? Otherwise motive is lacking….as was discussed recently in the Riley Strain case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Findhim
Back