NC NC - Blake Deven & London Deven, missing dates and ages are uncertain, FBI involved, Fayetteville

<modsnip> I gather he was adopted from foster care and was last seen by someone (school/family member/doctor) in 2022. I adopted from foster care and I am required to send the state a school letter or doctor's physical every year, but I don't know what would happen if I didn't. If I pulled him from school or moved, I don't know if there would be any checks and balances.
Do they require up-to date foto’s for their case file? At least the school (if he went) has to have more recent pictures from schoolactivities or… the pictures are so old, the flyer needs more recent ones in case he’s out there somewhere!

Last edited by a moderator:
<modsnip> I gather he was adopted from foster care and was last seen by someone (school/family member/doctor) in 2022. I adopted from foster care and I am required to send the state a school letter or doctor's physical every year, but I don't know what would happen if I didn't. If I pulled him from school or moved, I don't know if there would be any checks and balances.
I have adopted from foster care as well and this is not a requirement where I live, so it must be a state-by-state difference in follow up.

ETA: after asking my husband, wanted to update- we do annually send in a form that asks simply which school they’re enrolled in, but it isn’t required to be signed by a school admin or medical professional.

Do they require up-to date foto’s for their case file? At least the school (if he went) has to have more recent pictures from schoolactivities or… the pictures are so old, the flyer needs more recent ones in case he’s out there somewhere!
I do not have to send anything else other than a form signed by the school or doctor. I do think some states require that though. I currently have a 17yo foster and the bio mother called in a well check to the sheriff's department recently. The school resource officer (a sheriff) came to me to get details. Mom had no idea the child was in foster care. She last knew the child was with her ex and ex's family (last contact maybe 2 or3 years). When she called ex/ex family and they said the child was not there, she contacted the Sheriff's department. Another instance, I had child came into my care at 3 who had previously been in the system at 1. When he was 1, an older sister was in custody with him. The second time into care he was "abandoned" but alone. I asked the state if they had verified sister's whereabouts and they said no, it was not their responsibility. She easily could have been sold/killed whatever. Unfortunately she ended up in state's custody as well many months later. So I see how easy it is for kids to get lost "in the system."

I don't like this case at all. Gives me Erica Parsons vibes. Why do I feel so strongly Blake never made it to his teen years at all??

<modsnip: off topic>

LE would already know if there was a successful legal adoption imho, and we'd be told "nothing to see here, move along."

imho, we have a few too many of these....

jmho ymmv lrr

"Miller lives in the Asheville area and said she hadn’t seen Deven, her brother’s son, since being placed in foster care over 10 years ago."
Say what? That doesn't even make sense.

So where are his biological parents and where are the foster care parents? If he was placed in foster care then logically there would be some court records over the past decade, and, one would think, at least some form of oversight.

Why didn't someone in his family try to make contact during all of those years?

IMO something doesn't seem right based on the limited information we have via MSM. This is very strange...

My question would be though, is he missing? Or is he simply not allowed contact with his bio family for his own safety and wellbeing? Because these are different things.

My mom might reasonably report me (an adult) missing because she doesn’t know where I live and hasn’t been able to contact me in years. But I’m not missing. My husband and children and friends and employer all know exactly where I am. But for good reason, I’ve made the decision she can’t. Is it not possible Blake is similarly being protected? Perhaps his name was changed after adoption? Adoptive family moved far away to keep him safe? Thinking her about the murder of Rebecca Byler in PA. JMO

My question would be though, is he missing? Or is he simply not allowed contact with his bio family for his own safety and wellbeing? Because these are different things.

My mom might reasonably report me (an adult) missing because she doesn’t know where I live and hasn’t been able to contact me in years. But I’m not missing. My husband and children and friends and employer all know exactly where I am. But for good reason, I’ve made the decision she can’t. Is it not possible Blake is similarly being protected? Perhaps his name was changed after adoption? Adoptive family moved far away? JMO
I don’t think the authorities would issue a missing alert if he had been adopted and they could verify the location. They’d tell the bio family he was safe and that would be that, even if the bio fam wasn’t happy w the answer.

Say what? That doesn't even make sense.

So where are his biological parents and where are the foster care parents? If he was placed in foster care then logically there would be some court records over the past decade, and, one would think, at least some form of oversight.

Why didn't someone in his family try to make contact during all of those years?

IMO something doesn't seem right based on the limited information we have via MSM. This is very strange...
Contact with kids is foster care is typically moderated through child protective services in the jurisdiction. Some with foster to adoption. I think contact is more feasible with cell phone use, but that might not have been the case in 2010.

I wonder if he stayed in foster care. He was in there at some point, but if he was given back to a parent or relative unbeknownst to the rest of his bio family, and then…..? Blake’s disappearance is being investigated by authorities. Clearly they did not find the foster parents and confirm Blakes whereabouts. So where is he?

A quick search of FB for Blake Deven missing and you will find a supposed family member that explains what happened.
He isn't listed in NAMUS yet. I hope Deven is found alive and well.
According to this report, 3 different locations were searched for Deven. Authorities know a lot more than what they're releasing to the public.
Details matter. Everything about this case seems vague.

Another article. Bolded by me: Neighbors concerned about Fayetteville teen who vanished; left with questions after nearby police search

CBS 17 learned of a large search on Wednesday near Berriedale Drive.
Neighbors said they saw a large police presence outside their homes as officers searched.
Other neighbors like John Whitaker question if they’ve seen Deven before.
“I thought somebody had been killed,” he said. “They had forensic trucks.”
On the social media (we can’t link) they were mentioning another incident (maybe that’s where the forensic truck is for) where they noticed (or were told) Deven wasn’t around. Impatiently waiting for MSM to pick up on this case with backgroundinfo!

I think there’s a high chance Blake has been missing far longer than just a couple of years, which is crazy in itself. Very unsettling.
I agree! Adoptive parents may have hoped they can fly under the radar and never be asked where he was. Now it is easy to say he "ran away." I don't think there is any reason to excuse not EVER reporting him missing.

The stunning update came amid the investigation into the disappearance of Blake Julian Trenton Deven, now 17, who was last seen in 2022. FPD said Thursday that London Deven, now 28, was last seen in 2019 in Fayetteville.

Police said they were able to "independently confirm" that London hasn't been seen since, and that the most recent photo of her was from around 2007 when she would have been about 12 years old.

Police said London Deven was last seen in 2019 in Fayetteville. This photo from about 2007 was taken when she was about 12 years old. Photo courtesy of the Fayetteville Police Department.

I want to know who allegedly last saw Blake in 2022 and who last saw London in 2019. There is zero good reason that no photos of these individuals appear to exist past their childhood years. JMO

and WHY are they not telling us what the relationship between the two missing individuals is?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drena519
Back