Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *Case dismissed w/o prejudice* *found in 2023* #112

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder what his former Navy Seal who participated in “200” missions is thinking right about now.
It's all in the numbers.

400 tours.

200 mountains searched, in this direction and that.

$210K reward but of course no one was going to be bringing Suzanne home alive and unharmed

3 30 hours

0 credibility

100% guilty

Jmo

Yeah, I mean, there’s no doubt this stuff made it into her bone marrow. My question is if this can offer some insight in regards to how long she would have lived after being tranquilized.

Because if we’re talking about something like hours, then that would explain why cadaver dogs didn’t hit on any of the vehicles.

Regardless, this whole thing may look a little bit different depending on that time period.
IANAD but I believe a 14 gauge needle from a tranq gun could penetrate bone thus injecting BAM directly to marrow. I know when a medic cannot find a suitable vein they can inject an anesthetic directly into the bone. ETA, typical IO needles are 15+ gauge. https://coastbiomed.com/product/io-needle-gauge/

I did not see any notation of a puncture on the bones in the AR.

Regardless, I think this new information is enough of a smoking gun to get Barry, something I thought was missing before.

I wonder what his former Navy Seal who participated in “200” missions is thinking right about now.
I believe that every one of those people who supported BM over the last four years knew that he murdered Suzanne. They decided that his life was more important and more valuable than hers.

Anyone with half a brain always knew that BM murdered Suzanne.

What are the pros and cons of IE staying on BM's case in light of the highly damning autopsy results?

Is worth her while and reputation (BM still has $ in the bank) or might it be too potentially damaging to her career?

Thoughts anyone?
JMO
IMO the motivation is 90% financial and 50% ego. Why else dig your heels in and stand your ground? Her reputation is her bank account which is fueled by challenging cases. She is very bright and outsmarted LS at every turn. She actually did show up too, so that helped. A combination of a good defense team and a poor... Well, the rest is glaringly obvious as is my major in math.

How long would BAM stay in a person’s system after the drug was injected or ingested?

Boscan said he was surprised the drug was detected in Suzanne Morphew’s bones at all, let alone three years after her death.

“If a person dies after being hit with a dart full of BAM, that person’s heart would stop and there would be no time for the drug to be carried through the body and absorbed through the bones. It is unclear how long a person with BAM in their system would need to remain alive for the drug to be absorbed into the bones, he said.”

This is what I was looking for. Thank you!

This might explain how the BAM got to the bone marrow quickly. All he had to do was hit a blood vessel?

“Bone marrow is highly vascularized but does not have lymphatic drainage. Marrow of long bones receives part of its blood supply from the nutrient artery, which enters the bone via the nutrient canal at midshaft.”

JMO

Probably thanking his lucky stars that one of his 200 missions wasn't helping Barry with his evil plan.
Now that we know he tranquilized her, now that we know he barried her in Moffat, now that we know he barely barried her, how does this confirmation inform us, regarding our other question marks?

The left turn, 12 miles just to leave the helmet close to home?

The cadaver dog hits on the Bobcat and trailer

His admission of darts in the yard/house/breezeway

The reddish substance on a closet door frame (could that be BAM from a dart that missed Suzanne and lodged into wood instead?)

His backing up the truck.... was it simply to offload the trailer and Bobcat? Was it to access that bay so he could drive the older RR?

Did SD and her fiancé actually see a strange vehicle? Seems too coincidental/sketchy...

The swan dive. What was that all about? Adrenaline drop?

What else?

He covered a lot of ground in those 48 hours.

I hope the trial feels like a cast of betrayal for Barry, all the folks he believed he could buffalo come home to expose his lies.

There'd be some justice in that.

JMO
So IF Barry had help.. what if he went left to the turn around spot to link up with the helper and get some evidence for disposal in his trash dumps.

Re: cadaver hits on the bobcat and trailer. We know he came into contact with Suzanne after death and then the clothing he was wearing when he had contact with her could have been on that trailer/bobcat at some point leaving the scent. OR did he use his shovels and then when he returned did he unload the vehicle he used and put the shovels on that trailer transferring the scent?

If he used the older RR why not scent in that vehicle?

I did not catch that on the actual clothes found! Got sucked in by Iris
She had biking shorts on and the brand I think was mentioned in the autopsy report. In the images in the AA of her biking pics from her instagram it appears that sometimes she wore a sweatshirt. I don’t think we can assume she didn’t dress like that around the house and we don’t know the time she disappeared/was killed for sure so she could conceivably been returning or leaving to go for a ride the baklava tells me she could have either been leaving or returning to the house or it could be that it was just stuffed in her sweatshirt pocket. We just don’t know.

I am curious if they could tell how much was in her bone marrow. Did the test tell the amount or just yes no for presence of the chemicals?

I am also curious if this is used on a human would the human remember what happened? Would they feel off and lay down and "sleep" for a while then wake up groggy and confused or would they remember exactly what happened prior to that?

Is it possible he shot her as soon as he got home at 2:43 or so and then she was out for a while and he was rummaging around in her things getting more and more angry about what he was seeing. Then he at some point gives her more or takes her drugged to the burial location and strangles her there.

If he had used this tranquilizer on her before would that be something she remembered?

Could it be put in food or a drink and someone not know it? Would it only work if it's injected?
Good questions. That investigator on Duty Ron suggested he shot Suzanne with the dart gun with the animal tranquilizer and then gave her an opioid through her port. He also said you don’t give humans animal tranquilizers so I’m guessing Barry knew it would slow down her heart and maybe kill her. She was tiny.

Mu guess is that is anyone who tranquilizes another human being with those meds (used for animals) and then gave them a dose of an opioid, their goal is to kill that person, not just knock them out for a nap.

The investigator made mention of the fact that prosecution knows Barry was chasing Suzanne around the house. She knew how dangerous he was.

Why would you ask if someone would put it in a food or drink? That thought never entered my mind. It’s bad enough that he shot her with the dart gun.

The autopsy did not say she was strangled.

We will find out more if an arrest warrant is released. Or WHEN it is released.

Just get this guy off the street!

How long would BAM stay in a person’s system after the drug was injected or ingested?

Boscan said he was surprised the drug was detected in Suzanne Morphew’s bones at all, let alone three years after her death.

“If a person dies after being hit with a dart full of BAM, that person’s heart would stop and there would be no time for the drug to be carried through the body and absorbed through the bones. It is unclear how long a person with BAM in their system would need to remain alive for the drug to be absorbed into the bones, he said.”

This is what I was looking for. Thank you!
I saw an expert saying the opposite today. The blood stream carries it to the bones and there is a period of time. It slows down the heart but may not stop it for a while.

I was extremely confident he’d be recharged in light of Suzanne’s body being found, but now it’s absolutely guaranteed. They can prove she is dead, and prove their theory that Barry tranquillized her.

I just wish I could have seen the reaction to this news by him, Iris, and his civil case attorneys. Even I’m still in shock from yesterday’s news. I just never imagined they’d find something that seals the case against him.
A lot of prayers were prayed for Suzanne’s family and her two daughters. I can tell you for sure that God answers prayer.

I hoped when this autopsy came back we would hear Suzanne speaking from the grave. And we did! Anybody else beyond pumped despite the circumstances that this has been tied up with a neat little bow? Whats that you say, IRIS? Maybe a rancher or hunter who used these tranquilizers abducted and murdered Suzanne? Sounds like a guy we all know!

The GPS data is damning. The fact that we have no proof of life for Suzanne after Saturday yet Barry is claiming she "disappeared" on Sunday. All his attorneys can do is point to Sunday and say "there's no GPS showing he went that direction on Sunday" what about Saturday? What was Barry actually doing after he left the beach job I think on Saturday afternoon to go do hiking or biking and make the wife happy according to the coworker? I might be misremembering the exact details its been awhile. But the tranquilizers coupled with the dart cap in the laundry is the nail in the coffin and Suzanne will have justice served.

Anybody else think Barry pulls a Scott Peterson, dyes his hair and makes a run for the border? I think its better than 50/50 odds on that.
Excellent summary…… and thank you for this synopsis!

I did get a little chuckle when reading one part of it (me not you! your summary is fine….) ….. the ‘beach job’…… I thought it read ‘bleach’ job. :) and I had to adjust my glasses and reread it.

And that caused me to reflect on the two areas IIRC where BM was present and strong odor of bleach was noted? At least one was the hotel he stayed at I believe?

Someone may have already done this…. but in those timelines of BM on those days, seems those factors need to be assessed? When I read one earlier affidavit and saw pictures of BM carrying tools into the hotel lobby…… all I could think he must have bleached and cleaned those tools? To remove evidence perhaps? With analysis maybe, IANAL but maybe can add destruction of evidence or obstruction of justice? MOO

It sounds to me like she would need to remain alive for some length of time in order for her bone marrow to absorb it. There obviously wouldn’t be any data on humans to determine how long that would be.

Grusing seemed to believe she was alive for a length of time, due to his focus on snoring.
He spent so much time at the beach I just wonder if he tried to bury her there got caught and moved her ? And was she alive during all of this?
JMO

I'm not going to hold my breath about an impending arrest warrant just yet. There is still too much unknown.

I've been scouring the bowels of the net seeking timeline for post mortem appearance of BAM in bone marrow...

I can't find any studies but that is not to say they don't exist.

an easy way out for BM would be to suggest that she pricked her finger with a used needle while cleaning up after him at some point.. depending upon quantities found..
Another is that he had previously hit her with a dart accidentally in the near or distant past..

I see too many exits depending upon quantities found and what they show about original dose administered and time frame to death.

Nothing is metabolised post mortem because those processes die when the body dies.

I agree with @MassGuy that her snoring is indicative of a dose administered to sedate yet not kill.
Duty Ron is not a pathologist.

Drugs created for IM SC or Iv administration are not effective if ingested orally in general.

I think it's possible that other drugs were also used but didn't leave traces.

I think it's possible he shot her in the grave.

If that is true, she would not have received a lethal dose straight away..

Also possible that he darted her several more times in that grave.

Just not holding my breath, we have minimal info..

Pathologists will likely differ.

I console myself that Iris is probably breaking what's left of her brain too trying to find outs for her beloved client..

It's not home and dry unless the the test results are far more damning than the report we received.

JMO
I never suggested Duty Ron is a pathologist. He did however have an expert guest on. But if it might help you to believe an arrest is sure (if not imminent), there were four doctors who witnessed and signed off on the autopsy. A second autopsy was performed in Quantico, VA. Any of those four, or one from the FBI in Quantico could testify.

SO let's talk about this second device for Barry that was noted as first being linked to his phone on Nov 30, 2019. Maybe these dates/times can tell us something about what it could be...

May 8th a second device was associated with Barry's with an SMS at 3:43pm MST

Then also noted were the following associations with Barry's phone.

5/5 12:48pm (UTC-6)
5/10 8:47am (UTC-6)
5/10 11:50am (UTC-6)
5/11 7:54am (UTC-6)
5/11 8:14am (UTC-6)
5/11 5:44pm (UTC-6)
5/12 5:58pm (UTC-6)

@MassGuy I feel like I've seen you mention this device in the past. Did you ever analyze this and figure out any significance with these times/days and activities or events?

Is the time listed in MST? Is that what UCT-6 means? Does that equal MST or do we need to convert that time listed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catheonlineghost