MISTRIAL AZ - Gabriel Cuen-Buitimea, shot and killed with AK-47, rancher George Alan Kelly charged, Kino Springs, Jan 2023 #2

I $mell cartel.....
I have a sensitive nose....
;)
Its probably not cartel. Rather, its pre existing Mexican government policy. The Mexican government has a history of pursuing various causes via types of lawsuits in US civil courts that Mexican courts would quickly reject.

That is just ridiculous. First, the State Department needs to be stepping up to talk to Mexico. Second, I'd like to see how this family is procedurally going to do this. But if they do, Kelly needs to counter-claim against them and consider adding Mexico as a 3rd Party Defendant. Normally a foreign nation has immunity but its involvement here (especially if they are directly involved in the Buitimea suit) could waive that immunity. It would certainly move the case to federal court and potentially open the door to exploring Mexico's interference in the case.

That is just ridiculous. First, the State Department needs to be stepping up to talk to Mexico. Second, I'd like to see how this family is procedurally going to do this. But if they do, Kelly needs to counter-claim against them and consider adding Mexico as a 3rd Party Defendant. Normally a foreign nation has immunity but its involvement here (especially if they are directly involved in the Buitimea suit) could waive that immunity. It would certainly move the case to federal court and potentially open the door to exploring Mexico's interference in the case.

There are some very ridiculous people involved and absolutely nothing surprises me any longer.

Bringing charges against Mr Kelly was ridiculous but we watched it happen... while he and his family endured it.

jmo

There are some very ridiculous people involved and absolutely nothing surprises me any longer.

Bringing charges against Mr Kelly was ridiculous but we watched it happen... while he and his family endured it.

jmo
Hopefully there won't be a lawsuit, but we will see. It won't be easy for the plaintiffs. But I also don't think it unreasonable for Kelly to ask for his own government for assistance.

Hopefully there won't be a lawsuit, but we will see. It won't be easy for the plaintiffs. But I also don't think it unreasonable for Kelly to ask for his own government for assistance.

Unreasonable? No. But, highly unlikely since the very same government tried to convict him. They are not going to 'help' him with anything. MOO

Unreasonable? No. But, highly unlikely since the very same government tried to convict him. They are not going to 'help' him with anything. MOO
The County prosecuted him in the name of the State. The US State Department should be stepping up at this point to address the Mexican governments comments at this point.

The audacity. We should be suing Mexico for the criminal cartel and the deadly drugs they transport in, human trafficking, etc. Why isn’t that government doing more to. This entire situation would never have happened if that man hadn’t entered illegally so many times. They make my blood boil.

ETA: Apologies if I’m misremembering, but wasn’t he deported many times?

Last edited:
An article from April 23 2024

Rather than steer away from the physical evidence, Larkin embraced it, arguing it will never prove who killed Mexican national Gabriel Cuen-Buitimea.

In borderlands that have become the Wild West, there can be many explanations for why someone is shot, she suggested, and no bullet was recovered that could directly tie Kelly to the shooting.

From the physical evidence provided during trial there was NO proof Buitimea was shot by an AK-47 NOR was it Kelly who killed him.

The entire jury (except for one who wanted to convict Kelly of lesser charges) AGREED that there was NO evidence proving Kelly was Buitimea's killer.

I have no idea why these words and the final decision are difficult for some to understand.

jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Migrant
Back