MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
- the statement that taillights were “planted” by the investigators were made by Turtleboy. That means, “conspiracy nonsense” to me.

I don't think this statement is true. The FBI was involved with this case before Turtleboy even knew about it. As I understand it, Karen's brother knew about TB (so did I) before this and reached out to him in hopes he'd cover the story. Once he got involved, Karen started giving him information she was learning from the FBI. (The FBI was sharing information with her attorneys.) This is why he knew so much and why so much of what he reported over the months turned out to have a strong basis in fact. It wasn't hard-hitting journalism on his part. It was the FBI sharing info with the defendant.

Despite what his attorney may say, my guess is that Proctor (the lead state investigator) is very much a target of the FBI investigation, which is apparently still ongoing. This is a massive problem for the Commonwealth as he's been directly involved with so many high profile cases which would all be jeopardized if he intentionally manipulated evidence in this case.

Personally, I don't think the hair is all that important. JO clearly spent time in and around the car. The defense could easily claim it was there because JO worked on the Lexus or washed it, or even because he had touched the taillight while grabbing something out of the cargo space. I know my DNA is probably all over my car.

It's a hair fragment to be precise. My understanding it was destroyed by the testing because it was so small and had no root. The Read vehicle was often housed in O'Keefe's garage. If the prosecution tries to introduce this as proof Read hit O'Keefe, the jury may laugh them out of court. A 220 pound man is hit by a car and killed and only leaves behind a tiny, fully explainable hair fragment? Come on now.

It's a hair fragment to be precise. My understanding it was destroyed by the testing because it was so small and had no root. The Read vehicle was often housed in O'Keefe's garage. If the prosecution tries to introduce this as proof Read hit O'Keefe, the jury may laugh them out of court. A 220 pound man is hit by a car and killed and only leaves behind a tiny, fully explainable hair fragment? Come on now.
See my response to pretty much the prosecution's entire case in bold above

If you mean his head was "crushed" by the rear wheel, it wasn't. The head injury that disabled him was very small, just a few inches, but deep enough to be penetrating. Also, his body was found 12 feet onto the lawn which doesn't fit this scenario.

As for "feeling" it, you really cannot compare a bus to a passenger vehicle.

People are different, too. That case proves that even with a higher impact (skateboard+body), two people in a bus may have not felt it. Any impact has a counter impact, this is why if you throw something on the ground from a balcony, the object may shatter, but the ground could bear imprint from the fall, too.

Which brings up a point. If JO was hit by a car and fell on the ground before it started snowing, was there any trace of his fall? Also, the way the prosecutor explains, JO should have dropped the glass, which shattered, then fallen on the glass and cut himself. Was there a broken glass under his body, pieces of it stuck in his clothes, glass in the “furrows”? What kind of glass did they have in a bar, thick or thin? With the thick one, it may not have broken, with the thin…happened in my house, surely you can find pieces afterwards. Did the blizzard cause “black ice”, then there should have been some imprints in the ice under the body.

So here, Lexus was of 2015, if I am not mistaken, an older and heavier model, in the snow, with a potentially impaired by alcohol driver suffering from a demyelinating disorder (MS mentioned by her counselor, so this we can discuss). I can imagine the situation when she was making a three-point turn, hit him and didn’t notice. Possible. Or, she didn’t but blacked out at night and her memory didn’t keep much.

I still see no answers to many investigative questions. IMHO, all PD was drunk. They may not be at fault for framing JO, but if you think…the firemen volunteer and show up at work, the ploughing man ploughs the street twice, the paramedics come…the PD is drinking. This may be functional, but problem alcoholism, and the problem Canton PD is having now should make them think. Maybe it is the problem at work indicative of a bigger issue.

From everything said about JO, I understand that he was respected in Canton for raising the kids. I doubt that anyone targeted him, although stuff happens. But I would not be surprised if no one truly knows who killed JO. Except for maybe one person, but we don’t know who it is.

Last edited:
So here, Lexus was of 2015, if I am not mistaken, an older and heavier model,
Just to be clear, she was driving a 2021 model. The LX570 is a heavy car though. Basically the luxury edition of the Toyota's Land Cruiser.

Investigators found the SUV at her parents' house and seized it. Prosecutors said the 2021 black Lexus SUV had a shattered right rear taillight and several scratches on its rear bumper.

So here, Lexus was of 2015, if I am not mistaken, an older and heavier model, in the snow, with a potentially impaired by alcohol driver suffering from a demyelinating disorder (MS mentioned by her counselor, so this we can discuss). I can imagine the situation when she was making a three-point turn, hit him and didn’t notice. Possible. Or, she didn’t but blacked out at night and her memory didn’t keep much.
She drove a 2021 Lexus and the prosecution confirmed the anti-collision system was working. But the car logged zero events (collisions of impacts) that night.

The theory their expert opined says she reversed for 62 feet and then hit him at a speed of 24.2mph. Given where her car was (corroborated by multiple witnesses) and where the body was found, that would mean she had to pull forward quite a bit, to then reverse for 62 feet and hit him near the flag pole and the drove off to go home (without reversing or turning.) It makes no sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BabyGhoul