May 5, 2015 Rally Arkansas State Capitol Building to Reopen Case and Exonerate the WM

Yes, I don't blame them either. Honestly, I don't blame either the state or the WM3 for agreeing to it. The one caveat though, is that it pretty much ended any chance of ever solving this case.

Yes, I don't blame them either. Honestly, I don't blame either the state or the WM3 for agreeing to it. The one caveat though, is that it pretty much ended any chance of ever solving this case.

Could not agree more!

Unless something groundbreaking is discovered I doubt this case will progress any further, and when no one has an urgent incentive to push forward the likelihood of something groundbreaking actually being discovered is slim to none. I would like to keep faith though, both in that something is happening behind the scenes (in whatever slow pace that may be) and that the case will eventually be solved.

^ Me too. It's just hard though because we are losing so much in this case. The crime scene has been completely demolished. The Mayfair Apartments are in the process of being demolished. Bojangles has been completely renovated a few times over by now. Blue Beacon and the 76 Truck Stop is long gone. Key people associated with this case (LG, to name one) are either dead or simply vanished. I completely understand why these areas have been demolished or renovated, but nonetheless, it's more and more discouraging.

I still hope for the miraculous announcement of something earth-shattering. Not a clue as to what it would be, but a girl can hope! As was said, I totally understand why the Alford plea was taken by the defendants, but I'm less sure of why the State agreed. The three were in jail already, and it's very hard to get a conviction overturned on appeal. Ask any attorney. Yet, the State readily agreed to the Alford pleas. The only reason I can fathom is the financial one. If that's the case, that's pretty sad. That would mean that the State of Arkansas is willing to release three child killers who are still young men onto an unsuspecting populace just so they wouldn't sue for false imprisonment.:gaah:

It's understandable why both sides would take the deal, in my view. The state needed to take it because of how much time had elapsed since then, and how much coverage the case had gained; the disintegration of memories and maybe even some evidence. It benefited both sides. I don't mean to inject politics here, but I view in same light as the Iran Deal: better than nothing (i.e. released and declared innocent). The fact they are, technically, still guilty, does still keep them on somewhat of a leash, however long.

I guess the biggest travesty of it all is the fact that the case, for all intents and purposes, is closed. I know there have been conflicting reports on if that is truly the case, but either way: the longer this goes, the quicker the state and the police department will simply abandon it as a cold case that will never truly be solved.

Yeah, the whole "case is closed" thing is a bit of a sticky wicket! If the case is truly closed, why can't the parents see the evidence? If the case isn't closed, what's happening toward solving it? It's so sad because those families deserve closure - all six families!

Why do they need a rally? Echols has claimed they already have the exculpatory evidence and know who the real killer is. Why don't they just show us? The State would be obliged to reopen the case if they are presented with exculpatory evidence. Where is it? Otherwise, the rally is pointless. The WM3 plead guilty.

Many people hoped and prayed at the last rally that the investigation would be reopened. Unfortunately there is no interest from the powers that be.
Such a shame.

Honestly I think the matter is this; the state wants the matter to go away. As such unless they find the 1 in a million proof they'll dodge anything. The defense knows this so they are rather limited.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nursestump
Back