MO - Furious Friends Demand Answers After 3 Men Found Dead at Kansas City Home Days After Watching Football Game, January 2024 #4

I subscribe to the idea that everyone was drinking/doing coke all night and the 3 men bought another bag at 2am, when the 5th friend and JA went to bed. Likely their normal guy was unavailable so they had to call someone else, who perhaps sold them a bag strongly laced with fentanyl or maybe the wrong bag entirely. There are many drug users who seek straight fentanyl so maybe this dealer mixed it up?

I have great sympathy for their families but everyone knows that fentanyl is very common and very deadly. It is a huge risk to do any sort of drugs these days. Even casual users. I’m sure half the lower level dealers don’t even know the actual contents or how strongly their drugs are laced prior to them even receiving them. It’s likely been through a half dozen (or more) people before getting to the user.

I agree with everyone who has spoken about the test strips and keeping narcan just in case. You can’t trust anyone to know the true contents of the drugs.

Just chiming in here to say that I have a relative who is a firefighter/EMT. They see so many OD’s that they get a call, administer Narcan, a few hours later they get another call, same person OD’s, administer Narcan. It’s just another day on the job. I know it’s someone’s loved one, but to the first responders, it’s just another day.
About 15 years ago, a family member died from a heroin overdose. His mother was a mess, and I called the detective on the case to get some information for her. He wasn’t in so I left my name and number. I called several times and he never returned my call. I finally got a hold of his supervisor and was told that the detective didn’t recognize my name or number so he didn’t call me back. I was livid and let them know, but the truth is, they all have a big workload and after years of the same thing over and over, how much do they really care?
IMO, Unless they have an investigation into a big dealer, they probably aren’t even trying to find the source of the drugs that killed these guys.

Just chiming in here to say that I have a relative who is a firefighter/EMT. They see so many OD’s that they get a call, administer Narcan, a few hours later they get another call, same person OD’s, administer Narcan. It’s just another day on the job. I know it’s someone’s loved one, but to the first responders, it’s just another day.
About 15 years ago, a family member died from a heroin overdose. His mother was a mess, and I called the detective on the case to get some information for her. He wasn’t in so I left my name and number. I called several times and he never returned my call. I finally got a hold of his supervisor and was told that the detective didn’t recognize my name or number so he didn’t call me back. I was livid and let them know, but the truth is, they all have a big workload and after years of the same thing over and over, how much do they really care?
IMO, Unless they have an investigation into a big dealer, they probably aren’t even trying to find the source of the drugs that killed these guys.
I’ve definitely seen exactly what you have described. I’ve talked to medics who have administered Narcan to the same individuals over and over again, sometimes multiple times a day.

There is a short documentary on Netflix called Heroine(e) and I recommend it to all of my Opioid Education class participants. It is truly eye opening.

Description:
In Huntington, West Virginia, the core of America's opioid crisis, three courageous women from three different backgrounds s battle against the devastating epidemic at the epicentre of America's ongoing opioid crisis.

There is a short preview on YouTube and you can watch it on Netflix.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radnewal
Back