UK UK - Manchester. Human torso found in woodland, Salford , 4th April 2024

Charged and more human remains discovered this morning.
#CHARGED | We have charged two men with murder, as more suspected human remains have been discovered this morning (Monday 29 April 2024) in an alleyway close to the railway lines off Worsley Road, Eccles.

This follows earlier discoveries of human remains at Kersal Dale, Blackleach Reservoir and Colliery Wood, all in Salford, over the past three weeks.

ACC Sarah Jackson said, "Despite the charges brought today, our work is far from over. We will continue following every line of enquiry to recover and reunite the victim with his family, bringing a dignified end to this terrible scenario."

Read more: https://orlo.uk/TuQ5A

I live locally and some of the places the remains were found were close to busy roads.

Also they said they arrested the younger suspect on a bus, I'm assuming the other one must've had their own vehicle otherwise were they transporting the body parts around on the bus?!

I live locally and some of the places the remains were found were close to busy roads.

Also they said they arrested the younger suspect on a bus, I'm assuming the other one must've had their own vehicle otherwise were they transporting the body parts around on the bus?!
People have used public transport to move body parts before. Hannah Mary Tabbs took the torso of a victim on a train to dispose of it elsewhere.

It's less common since personal vehicles became prevalent, but it has happened and presumably still does.

MOO

The case of two men accused of murder after human remains were discovered in Salford was heard before a judge this morning. Michal Jaroslaw Polchowski, 68, and Marcin Majerkiewicz, and 45, both from Eccles, have been charged with murder.

10:09ANDREW BARDSLEY

Trial date pencilled in​

The judge says a trial date has been identified as March 3, 2025, expected to last about 10 days.
The defendants are next due to appear in court on July 18, when they are expected to be asked to enter their plea.

Greater Manchester Police (GMP) said remains found on wetlands at Kersal Dale, Salford, on 4 April were believed to be those of 67-year-old Stuart Everett, who lived locally.

Out of interest was the victim listed as missing?
I had a quick Google but couldn't see anything. But not all short term missing persons cases are publicised.

He may not have been there for very long; there's no mention of any decomposition.

Some of the remains were found by a dog walker; I don't know about anyone else's dog but mine loves to sniff out dead wildlife, and some of it has been quite fresh.

I had a quick Google but couldn't see anything. But not all short term missing persons cases are publicised.

He may not have been there for very long; there's no mention of any decomposition.

Some of the remains were found by a dog walker; I don't know about anyone else's dog but mine loves to sniff out dead wildlife, and some of it has been quite fresh.
Mine will sniff it out after a couple of days.

Out of interest was the victim listed as missing?

I wonder if his family had reported no contact with him and that was what put the housemates under suspicion.

Police said they thought he died in the house in late March, first remains found early April so only a week or so.

Paying tribute, his family said they were "united in grief" and wanted to thank people for their support.
"He was a unique and endearing character who always put his family and many friends first," they said.
"We as a family are united in our grief over the devastating news of Stuart's untimely death and the manner in which he died.
"He loved his food, his garden, his music and a flutter on the horses. We have been overwhelmed with the messages of support and are thankful that so many people thought so much of him.
"He did not deserve to die the way he did and will be eternally missed. RIP."

Greater Manchester Police are continuing their search across Salford at sites at Blackleach Reservoir, Linneyshaw Colliery Wood, Bridgewater Canal, and a house in the Winton area of the city as well as a warehouse in Bury.

A spokesman for the force said: 'We're continuing to receive details from the public that may assist our searches.

'Any further information should be given to us by calling 101 and quoting log number 2695 of 4 April 2024.

'If you would like to remain anonymous, details can be shared via the independent charity Crimestoppers by calling 0800 555 111.'

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radnewal
Back