WA WA - Cristina Ase, 61, Vancouver, 26 Mar 2024

Finally a new article.
Interesting that the two admins of the Christina ASE MISSING page are sisters, and their mother also works at Rose Linn Care Center (the sisters both work there, too).

The mother is the one who received the text from Cristina’s phone:

“At 6:34 a.m. on March 26 — Cristina texted Amy and Nicole’s mother, who also works at Rose Linn Care Center. She said she wouldn’t be in till 8:30 a.m., an hour later than usual. According to Cristina’s co-workers, she did not give a reason why.

Amy and Nicole thought it was “weird” that Cristina only texted their mother instead of the three of them at once. “She knew, like, if she was gonna be late, we’d worry if she wasn’t there,” Amy said.”

It seems unusual to me that Cristina texted a coworker about being late, and two other coworkers thought it was weird she didn't text them, too. But she didn't text her boss? If I were running late to work, the first (and probably only) person I'd text would be my boss.

It seems unusual to me that Cristina texted a coworker about being late, and two other coworkers thought it was weird she didn't text them, too. But she didn't text her boss? If I were running late to work, the first (and probably only) person I'd text would be my boss.
I thought Cristina was the boss?

What you say seems true, that it’d be sent to her boss; but it sounds like whatever was her usual way of informing—texting all 3?— she did not do that morning. And if that was “weird” to the two sisters/coworkers, it makes one wonder if it even was Cristina who sent the “I’ll be in late” text!

She's the boss of the nurses but her boss is a man, the director of the entire facility. He was interviewed in the media when she was first missing.
I think I said this upthread in an old post, but I work in several long term care and assisted living facilities, and in Christina’s role as a director, it wouldn’t be that odd for her to text an employee- perhaps someone with seniority amongst her staff- to let them know she’d be late. Since she was a director, it’s likely she wouldn’t be that missed by other staff at the beginning of a shift because she may not be directly responsible for a set of residents/patients.
Further, in most of the bldgs I work in, it would be more common for Christina to text an employee on the “floor” or someone in direct patient care, instead of her main boss, who is generally someone in an executive director role, not clinical. Her being late, especially if she were planning to be there by 8:30a, would likely not directly affect the main boss, but would be information helpful to her patient-care staff.

ETA: my earlier post on similar topic-
Just wanted to comment on this with personal experience- I am no longer in bedside nursing but am a provider at several different facilities offering services/care similar to the one where CA worked as the director of nursing (referenced upthread). In none of the facilities where I round does the nursing director routinely have to relieve anyone from the prior shift- since they are in a supervisory position they will occasionally have to cover floor nurses who may be late or call in, but in general she may not have had the type of position that would cause issues with the prior shift getting off in time if she were late.

Last edited:
What you say seems true, that it’d be sent to her boss; but it sounds like whatever was her usual way of informing—texting all 3?— she did not do that morning. And if that was “weird” to the two sisters/coworkers, it makes one wonder if it even was Cristina who sent the “I’ll be in late” text!
It's interesting that this article completely fails to mention Cristina being late on two other occasions and the fact that her phone indicated she was the same distance from home each time. I'd be interested to know whether she texted all three women each prior time she was mysteriously late.

It's interesting that this article completely fails to mention Cristina being late on two other occasions and the fact that her phone indicated she was the same distance from home each time. I'd be interested to know whether she texted all three women each prior time she was mysteriously late.
I’ve noticed the two sisters saying that the time of the text was 6:34 am.

Didn’t the police say Cristina texted her “I’ll be in late” texts 20 min after leaving home, and that the exit for the Glenwood Park area is a 20 min drive from her home, so the police have been saying “it’s likely” she visited the same area on those prior occasions.

If she normally leaves around 6:30am, then this last time her text was almost around the time she left, not 20 min later.

I don’t know what to make of it.

I’ve noticed the two sisters saying that the time of the text was 6:34 am.

Didn’t the police say Cristina texted her “I’ll be in late” texts 20 min after leaving home, and that the exit for the Glenwood Park area is a 20 min drive from her home, so the police have been saying “it’s likely” she visited the same area on those prior occasions.

If she normally leaves around 6:30am, then this last time her text was almost around the time she left, not 20 min later.

I don’t know what to make of it.

This article says Cristina left her home at 6:34am and then sent the text 20 minutes later: Search warrant details deepen puzzle in Vancouver woman's suspicious disappearance

This article says Cristina left her home at 6:34am and then sent the text 20 minutes later: Search warrant details deepen puzzle in Vancouver woman's suspicious disappearance
But in the latest NBC News article, it says:
“At 6:34 a.m. on March 26 — Cristina texted Amy and Nicole’s mother, who also works at Rose Linn Care Center. She said she wouldn’t be in till 8:30 a.m., an hour later than usual. According to Cristina’s co-workers, she did not give a reason why.”

And I have seen on the Cristina Ase Missing FB page,* both of the Admin say “she texted at 6:34” (in the comment area under this post by N.O., admin.) and one of them insisted “we know for a fact the text came at 6:34 am.”

(* this site was approved by WS mods earlier in Cristina’s thread)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Migrant
Back