Kyron's General Discussion Thread for 2012-13

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no reason not to believe the landscaper's description that Terri told him Kaine was abusive and that he carried that large sum of money. It seems to me that he did that so she wouldn't have access to it if she decided to leave him. The news reports didn't mention how the money was carried.

JMO

You believe that the landscaper and Terri had a conversation where Terri claimed that Kaine was abusive and carried large sums of money- do you also believe she was looking for a hit man? How much of the landscaper's testimony do you find credible? Is there a chance that Terri was fabricating details (abuse) to elicit his support?

as far as I know Desiree didn't fight for Kyron - instead Kaine told her it wasn't gonna happen.. So she dropped it.

I was referring to Desiree's vigorous fight to bring kyron's murderers to justice!

You believe that the landscaper and Terri had a conversation where Terri claimed that Kaine was abusive and carried large sums of money- do you also believe she was looking for a hit man? How much of the landscaper's testimony do you find credible? Is there a chance that Terri was fabricating details (abuse) to elicit his support?

The media has reported that the landscaper gave a deposition about a conversation with Terri months before Kyron disappeared where she claimed Kaine was abusive and carried large sums of money. I haven't read the actual deposition. I think women in abusive marriages would love to have their husbands "disappear" but few women actually hire a hit man to do it. Terri failed with the landscaper and I doubt she tried again because nobody has come forward.

JMO

The media has reported that the landscaper gave a deposition about a conversation with Terri months before Kyron disappeared where she claimed Kaine was abusive and carried large sums of money. I haven't read the actual deposition. I think women in abusive marriages would love to have their husbands "disappear" but few women actually hire a hit man to do it. Terri failed with the landscaper and I doubt she tried again because nobody has come forward.

JMO

And that is exactly why I want to hear more from dede spicher and Kaine's old high school friend that was sexting with TMH. I want to know if they were asked to help eliminate Kaine or kyron.

JMO

BBM

Or maybe she just changed the object of the hit from father to son, did find someone willing to help, and that person doesn't want to incriminate themselves.

In custody proceedings, I thought the best interest of the child was the most important factor? I know from a good friend who is a child psychologist that infants should never be removed from the care of their primary caregiver without good reason because such separation can cause extreme anxiety in the child and have long-term behavioral consequences such as regression in development. The Judge granted the protection order because of the alleged hit scheme. That scheme has never been proved to be true. Is it fair to the little girl to keep her from her mother? I've seen nothing to indicate Terri was a bad mother.

I don't believe Terri's attorney believes she is guilty of murder. I think she knows information but I don't believe she killed Kyron.

If she had chosen to fight the protective order she would have lost, imo because the Judge in the custody proceeding granted the order and named her as a suspect in Kyron's disappearance. I don't believe whether or not she participated in the custody proceeding had anything to do with her freedom. If the prosecutor had evidence she hired someone to kill Kaine three years ago, he would have charged her by now.

In the article it also says Terri told the landscaper that Kaine carried with him $10,000 and that Kaine demanded she turn over to him the $1,000 child support she received for her son. To me, that is an example of close control of the household's money.

If Terri divorced Kaine or killed Kaine, why would she receive custody of Kyron rather than Desiree? I'm sorry but that makes no sense to me as a motive for Terri to kill Kyron. I'm not convinced the child is dead.

JMO

The court did not grant custody to Kaine because of the MFH plot. It was granted because TH failed to contest the restraining order request at all. And when that happens, the court has no choice but to rule as if the allegations are true. Also, you forgot the main part of the allegations in the restraining order and those had nothibg to do with the MFH plot: That was that TH had something to do with the disappearance of her step son, which was a massively huge part of Kaine's request for a restraining order and no contact between mother and child.

In light of TH's failure and refusal to answer those allegations at all, the judge had nothing to refute the claim that it was not only in the kid's best interest to be kept away from her mother, it would be a danger to allow such contact. And so he ruled accordingly.

What exactly is "tooth and nail"???

How does anyone successfully fight an order of protection keeping you from your child that is signed by a Judge who publicly names you as a suspect in a crime?

I don't agree that Terri is hiding if she is living with her parents and holds a job.

JMO

Well, by showing up, for starters. By contesting the request. And understand, the judge called TH a suspect because she is one. That wasn't a pronouncement of guilt or proof the judge is biased. It's just reality. It's a reality that TH and her team publicized with her failure to contest the restraining order request and her criminal attorney's letter to the court explaining that the reason for that failure was so TH wouldn't incriminate herself.

gitana1, I just want to say I always find your posts so helpful and informative. Thank you for sharing your expertise and experience with us.

Yes, thanks very much. I always enjoy reading your posts gitana, even when we disagree. You're very good at laying out facts to support your ideas, and keep your cool when you disagree with people. You're a gem. :)

JMO

MOO and I really have no experience of such things but I don't think it necessarily means anything that nobody has come forward. We can't imo take it for granted that people who are approached with MFH plots are sure to do the right thing and come forward. I expect that most people who are searching for a hit man would tend to choose shady characters with various shady dealings under their belt and those people are probably more likely to have something to hide and may not be too eager to draw any LE attention to themselves.

ETA....I think that even some perfectly respectable people might shy away from reporting a MFH concern in a high profile case for fear of the public spotlight on themselves. They might fear for their reputation if it becomes public knowledge that someone asked them to kill another person. Because many people would wonder why, is there something we don't know about this person that makes them seem like a likely candidate to agree to murder someone for money?

In custody proceedings, I thought the best interest of the child was the most important factor? I know from a good friend who is a child psychologist that infants should never be removed from the care of their primary caregiver without good reason because such separation can cause extreme anxiety in the child and have long-term behavioral consequences such as regression in development. The Judge granted the protection order because of the alleged hit scheme. That scheme has never been proved to be true. Is it fair to the little girl to keep her from her mother? I've seen nothing to indicate Terri was a bad mother.

It might have been a good idea for Terri's attorneys to use those arguments to contest the restraining order three and a half years ago. By now she's a stranger to her daughter.

I don't believe Terri's attorney believes she is guilty of murder. I think she knows information but I don't believe she killed Kyron.

If she had chosen to fight the protective order she would have lost, imo because the Judge in the custody proceeding granted the order and named her as a suspect in Kyron's disappearance. I don't believe whether or not she participated in the custody proceeding had anything to do with her freedom. If the prosecutor had evidence she hired someone to kill Kaine three years ago, he would have charged her by now.

Her attorneys had imo already implied that she was a suspect long before the judge said so because they quoted the ongoing investigation and the risk of incriminating herself as the reason for staying quiet.

In the article it also says Terri told the landscaper that Kaine carried with him $10,000 and that Kaine demanded she turn over to him the $1,000 child support she received for her son. To me, that is an example of close control of the household's money.

IDK... who carries that kind of money around? There are credit cards these days... I wonder if it's something you might say if you want to hire someone to kill a victim but you don't think he thinks you offered him enough money so you try to entice him with the thought of the riches they can discover on the victim's dead body. Hey, he's got a wad of cash with him, you can have it when he's dead...

If Terri divorced Kaine or killed Kaine, why would she receive custody of Kyron rather than Desiree? I'm sorry but that makes no sense to me as a motive for Terri to kill Kyron. I'm not convinced the child is dead.

JMO

I didn't see where anyone said that the motive for killing Kyron was to get custody of Kyron? Or the motive for killing Kaine, for that matter. It doesn't matter who gets custody of a dead child anyway. She and Kaine have a daughter whose custody she might have been concerned of.

Well, by showing up, for starters. By contesting the request. And understand, the judge called TH a suspect because she is one. That wasn't a pronouncement of guilt or proof the judge is biased. It's just reality. It's a reality that TH and her team publicized with her failure to contest the restraining order request and her criminal attorney's letter to the court explaining that the reason for that failure was so TH wouldn't incriminate herself.

I agree that the judge--given the circumstances--doesn't seem to be biased. I think he proved that when he asked the lawyers to consider whether Desiree should have to prove probable cause before being allowed to question Terri in the civil suit. That showed that the judge was clearly concerned about the absence of a factual basis for that suit and was trying to be fair to Terri.

The letter that the criminal attorney wrote explaining that Terri wasn't going to contest the RO because she didn't want to incriminate herself caused many people to assume that she was involved in Kyron's disappearance. What if the attorney had really been concerned about her implicating herself in something unrelated to Kyron?

Latest news
http://www.katu.com/news/local/Terri-Hormans-lawyers-ask-for-emergency-hearing-234981351.html
"Lawyers for Terri Horman have asked the judge presiding over her divorce from Kaine Horman for an emergency hearing to discuss allegations made by a landscaper who claims Terri tried to hire him to kill Kaine."

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/...caper_says_terri_horman_w.html#incart_m-rpt-2
"Lawyers for Terri Moulton Horman are seeking an emergency hearing on what evidence can be considered as she seeks temporary custody of her daughter after her estranged husband alleged in court papers that Terri Horman solicited a landscaper to kill him."

I agree that the judge--given the circumstances--doesn't seem to be biased. I think he proved that when he asked the lawyers to consider whether Desiree should have to prove probable cause before being allowed to question Terri in the civil suit. That showed that the judge was clearly concerned about the absence of a factual basis for that suit and was trying to be fair to Terri.

The letter that the criminal attorney wrote explaining that Terri wasn't going to contest the RO because she didn't want to incriminate herself caused many people to assume that she was involved in Kyron's disappearance. What if the attorney had really been concerned about her implicating herself in something unrelated to Kyron?

It wasn't the letter though, that caused people to assume TH was involved. Instead, the letter revealed that indeed, TH was a suspect.

What caused many to feel TH was involved was a combination of the following:

1. That TH was the last parent to see Kyron.
2. That TH was the last person at all, who has come forward, to say they saw Kyron.
3. Her long, rambling ride through heavily forested areas, with a baby who was sick with an earache, according to both parents, on the day Kyron went missing, and then taking that same baby to a gym daycare to be cared for while TH worked out.
4. TH telling Kyron's teacher, in advance, that he had a doctor's appointment on the day he went missing, according to sources. (Which would cause the teacher to not be alarmed that he didn't show up for class. Note, a classmate of Kyron's stated to the media that Kyron told him he was leaving for an appointment that day, on the same day). Then, after the investigation began, stating the teacher was wrong and that he had an appointment the following Friday, because: "The past 2 weeks he's been acting really weird. Staring off into space. Can't remember anything. Walks into the room and then back out, stopping to stare and then move on. The doc thinks that he is having mini seizures and I made an appt on Thursday for next Friday to have him checked out.” However, neither parent has ever verified either appointment and Kaine has stated there was nothing wrong with Kyron. Desiree was unaware of such an appointment or that Kyron had been acting oddly. If such was true and Kyron was due to go to his mother that Friday, one would think TH would have alerted her in case he had anymore "mini-seizures" while with his mom that weekend. That's a pretty significant health issue she never brought up to Desiree. http://www.examiner.com/article/kyr...ri-horman-planned-kyron-s-disappearance-video
http://www.examiner.com/article/kyr...s-behavior-public-s-suspicions-timeline-video
5. TH being the only parent of the four to complain about the investigation and the polygraphs.
6. TH telling Desiree, on the day she failed a polygraph: "I want you to know, I loved your son." http://www.kptv.com/story/14917086/...t-terri-horman-6-01-2011?clienttype=printable (Note the past tense).
7. TH storming out of a second polygraph and suddenly refusing to cooperate further with the investigation.
8. TH sending e-mails, prior to Kyron's disappearance, indicating an extreme hatred of Kyron and talking about wanting to hurt him. http://www.katu.com/news/local/108352154.html
9. Kyron wetting the bed and becoming very upset when it was time to go back to his dad's and constantly stating he wanted to stay with his mom, in the months prior to his disappearance. http://www.drphil.com/shows/show/2069/
10. TH asking Desiree to take back custody of Kyron, shortly before he disappeared: http://www.drphil.com/shows/show/2069/
11. The MFH plot allegations.
12. TH failing to contest, at all, the MFH allegations and the allegations that she was involved in Kyron's disappearance, thereby acquiescing to a restraining order against her that barred her from having contact with her own infant daughter, effectively giving up custody of the child, and permanently affecting her ability to ever regain significant rights to her child, on the grounds that it might incriminate her.

Finally, I do not believe her attorney's were actually concerned about her implicating herself in something unrelated to Kyron (or the MFH plot) because contesting the restraining order would only require that she answer questions regarding those issues and I am unaware of any, other crimes she may be suspected of committing, so it's unlikely that questions rgeading the allegations we know of would lead down a rabbit hole to allegations of a totally unrelated crime.

Also, as a family law attorney, I can tell you that it takes a lot for a mother who actually loves her child, or wants her child, to give up custody. I can't imagine the incredible coincidence of:
a) Questions regarding Kyron's disappearance and/or the MFH plot leading to another, totally unrelated crime,
b) Such a crime being significant enough to cause TH to give up custody of her infant, rather than answer questions about an unrelated matter, on the off chance she may incriminate herself in another crime,
c) TH having committed an unrelated crime at the very same time that there are untrue MFH allegations and untrue allegations that she harmed her step-son,
d) TH actually telling her attorneys she was guilty of something at all (that's rarer than you might think, because defense attorneys do not ask the question. If they do, they are not allowed to ask questions of parties or witnesses that they know the answer will be a lie to. They can't make arguments indicating that the person is innocent, when they know he or she is not).

Listen, I know child custody litigation. I know divorcing parents. I know when you can keep your client off the stand in a criminal action and when you can't. This is a simple case to me. And a very clear one. If it takes more effort to twist and turn in order to find a possibility as to why a person is likely not guilty, then one must ask why it is necessary to make so many twists and turns. What's the motivation?

In this, as in many matters, I think the most simple explanation is the correct one. At a certain point, there are just too many factors pointing to guilt, to ignore reality.

The court doc reported upon last Friday, KH’s response citing RS depo … interesting stuff in here.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/190552178/Horman-Divorce-Docs-DEC-2013

This excerpt is interesting. Finally, a motive that makes sense.

“Respondent told Mr. Sanchez of her plan. Respondent told Mr. Sanchez of Petitioner's schedule, that Petitioner always carried cash of $10,000 for the talking {sic} (which Petitioner denies) and a computer, and that the murder could be made to look like a mugging. Mr. Sanchez refused to help Respondent.

Based on the testimony of Mr. Sanchez, Respondent had been contemplating divorce for many months prior to the disappearance of Kyron Horman. Respondent, obviously, was aware of the presumption in Oregon that step-siblings should not be separated after a divorce, absent overriding reesons {sic} demonstrating that the welfare of a child is better served by separation from a sibling. See McBraver v. Randolf, 191 Or App 553 560, 83 P3d 936 (2004); Marriage of Moe, 66 Or App 947,951,676 P2d 336 (1984). Five months later after Respondent tried to have Petitioner murdered, Kyron Horman disappeared.”

It wasn't the letter though, that caused people to assume TH was involved. Instead, the letter revealed that indeed, TH was a suspect.

2. That TH was the last person at all, who has come forward, to say they saw Kyron.
3. Her long, rambling ride through heavily forested areas, with a baby who was sick with an earache, according to both parents, on the day Kyron went missing, and then taking that same baby to a gym daycare to be cared for while TH worked out.
4. TH telling Kyron's teacher, in advance, that he had a doctor's appointment on the day he went missing, according to sources. (Which would cause the teacher to not be alarmed that he didn't show up for class. Note, a classmate of Kyron's stated to the media that Kyron told him he was leaving for an appointment that day, on the same day). Then, after the investigation began, stating the teacher was wrong and that he had an appointment the following Friday, because: "The past 2 weeks he's been acting really weird. Staring off into space. Can't remember anything. Walks into the room and then back out, stopping to stare and then move on. The doc thinks that he is having mini seizures and I made an appt on Thursday for next Friday to have him checked out.” However, neither parent has ever verified either appointment and Kaine has stated there was nothing wrong with Kyron. Desiree was unaware of such an appointment or that Kyron had been acting oddly. If such was true and Kyron was due to go to his mother that Friday, one would think TH would have alerted her in case he had anymore "mini-seizures" while with his mom that weekend. That's a pretty significant health issue she never brought up to Desiree. http://www.examiner.com/article/kyr...ri-horman-planned-kyron-s-disappearance-video
http://www.examiner.com/article/kyr...s-behavior-public-s-suspicions-timeline-video
5. TH being the only parent of the four to complain about the investigation and the polygraphs.
6. TH telling Desiree, on the day she failed a polygraph: "I want you to know, I loved your son." http://www.kptv.com/story/14917086/...t-terri-horman-6-01-2011?clienttype=printable (Note the past tense).
7. TH storming out of a second polygraph and suddenly refusing to cooperate further with the investigation.
8. TH sending e-mails, prior to Kyron's disappearance, indicating an extreme hatred of Kyron and talking about wanting to hurt him. http://www.katu.com/news/local/108352154.html
9. Kyron wetting the bed and becoming very upset when it was time to go back to his dad's and constantly stating he wanted to stay with his mom, in the months prior to his disappearance. http://www.drphil.com/shows/show/2069/
10. TH asking Desiree to take back custody of Kyron, shortly before he disappeared: http://www.drphil.com/shows/show/2069/
12. TH failing to contest, at all, the MFH allegations and the allegations that she was involved in Kyron's disappearance, thereby acquiescing to a restraining order against her that barred her from having contact with her own infant daughter, effectively giving up custody of the child, and permanently affecting her ability to ever regain significant rights to her child, on the grounds that it might incriminate her.

Finally, I do not believe her attorney's were actually concerned about her implicating herself in something unrelated to Kyron (or the MFH plot) because contesting the restraining order would only require that she answer questions regarding those issues and I am unaware of any, other crimes she may be suspected of committing, so it's unlikely that questions rgeading the allegations we know of would lead down a rabbit hole to allegations of a totally unrelated crime.

Also, as a family law attorney, I can tell you that it takes a lot for a mother who actually loves her child, or wants her child, to give up custody. I can't imagine the incredible coincidence of:
a) Questions regarding Kyron's disappearance and/or the MFH plot leading to another, totally unrelated crime,
b) Such a crime being significant enough to cause TH to give up custody of her infant, rather than answer questions about an unrelated matter, on the off chance she may incriminate herself in another crime,
c) TH having committed an unrelated crime at the very same time that there are untrue MFH allegations and untrue allegations that she harmed her step-son,
d) TH actually telling her attorneys she was guilty of something at all (that's rarer than you might think, because defense attorneys do not ask the question. If they do, they are not allowed to ask questions of parties or witnesses that they know the answer will be a lie to. They can't make arguments indicating that the person is innocent, when they know he or she is not).

Listen, I know child custody litigation. I know divorcing parents. I know when you can keep your client off the stand in a criminal action and when you can't. This is a simple case to me. And a very clear one. If it takes more effort to twist and turn in order to find a possibility as to why a person is likely not guilty, then one must ask why it is necessary to make so many twists and turns. What's the motivation?

In this, as in many matters, I think the most simple explanation is the correct one. At a certain point, there are just too many factors pointing to guilt, to ignore reality.

Majority of the stuff you have listed is hearsay - it obviously won't stand in the court since it is all hearsay to date.

Thanks gitana, excellent analysis of why people feel Terri is involved in Kyron's disappearance.

I have yet to hear a single logical theory that has Terri as an innocent victim that even has circumstantial support.

The court doc reported upon last Friday, KH’s response citing RS depo … interesting stuff in here.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/190552178/Horman-Divorce-Docs-DEC-2013

This excerpt is interesting. Finally, a motive that makes sense.

“Respondent told Mr. Sanchez of her plan. Respondent told Mr. Sanchez of Petitioner's schedule, that Petitioner always carried cash of $10,000 for the talking {sic} (which Petitioner denies) and a computer, and that the murder could be made to look like a mugging. Mr. Sanchez refused to help Respondent.

Based on the testimony of Mr. Sanchez, Respondent had been contemplating divorce for many months prior to the disappearance of Kyron Horman. Respondent, obviously, was aware of the presumption in Oregon that step-siblings should not be separated after a divorce, absent overriding reesons {sic} demonstrating that the welfare of a child is better served by separation from a sibling. See McBraver v. Randolf, 191 Or App 553 560, 83 P3d 936 (2004); Marriage of Moe, 66 Or App 947,951,676 P2d 336 (1984). Five months later after Respondent tried to have Petitioner murdered, Kyron Horman disappeared.”

Ah.... so if there was no step-sibling in the home, then custody of the baby would be a done deal for her primary caregiver, Terri. Well that would potentially explain a lot. Like why she had previously been entreating Desiree to take Kyron back, so he wouldn't be part of the Horman household.

But thinking of that... the fact that she was desperate for custody of her daughter couldn't possibly be the entire motive. She clearly hasn't sought any of the channels that would open the door to seeing her daughter since then, so my guess is it wasn't fierce love for her child that would have precipitated this. There had to be another piece to it. Otherwise why wouldn't she have just taken the awful route that so many do during divorce and custody battles and faked an abuse claim against Kaine in order to get temporary custody, then moved her older son back in to her home and used the 'don't separate step-siblings' precedent to show that the baby shouldn't be separated from the teenaged step brother?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kch52285