AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
easiest way to find all of someone's posts on any particular case is to go to their member profile and click on see all posts by "username"

all that members posts come up on all cases they have commented on. I have found that method much easier to use in isolating posts that I am trying to relocate or link to a specific thread.

Could somebody please remind me who is still in prison, and who is bailed out at the moment. And- do we have any trial dates? Thank you

Wow. I have read all the threads on this case, first time posting -

Let me start by saying this is a seriously messed up case.

As much as I want to believe that Brittney is alive, I don't think she is. Somebody definitely knows SOMETHING about her disappearance, but I really don't know who or what, although I do have some ideas.

When do the trials start? I can't believe there isn't more evidence :/.. Well, I guess I can with the way everything went down and was handled. I hope Brittney is found, safe and that these people go to jail. I don't think it was a random person that caused her to disappear, family is definitely involved. Although perhaps the only one that knows took it to his grave.

#TeamConnor
#CureSMA
#ConnorStrong

www.facebook.com/prayersforconnor

Could somebody please remind me who is still in prison, and who is bailed out at the moment. And- do we have any trial dates? Thank you

I couldn't begin to try and get it right. I have to keep referring to a thread which was kindly made by other WS members. I will look the link up and post although it may take some time as its a nightmare on my phone

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

I have always wanted to maintain hope that Brit is alive. But..... If she has perished at the hands of these people I don't think she will ever be found in the local area. I have always thought that if she was murdered by these people that she will be found somewhere along the route between where she went missing and where RSW's family is living in another state.

IIRC did RSW not travel to where his family resides because he had national guard duty, but turned around and came back when the news broke Brit was missing.

IIRC did RSW not travel to where his family resides because he had national guard duty, but turned around and came back when the news broke Brit was missing.

I believe you are right honesty.

I honestly cannot fathom RSWs role in all of this

The media reports I've seen only show for certain there IS a letter that mentions Brittney wrote a letter.

There doesn't seem to be any evidence of Brittney's letter itself though, so I'm still wondering it it was destroyed or never even existed - because the writer made the story up to manipulate someone, or because Brittney only said she had written one, but never actually did.

I do not think one existed and I do think this was made up to stir the pot!

Wednesday, June 20, 2012, 11:32 AM CDT

"BALDWIN COUNTY, Ala. (WALA) - The Baldwin County Sheriff's Office arrested two men for sex crimes.

Dustin Kent was released Wednesday on $10,000 bond and Randall Wood is being held on no bond.

The two suspects are Wood, 42, of Tennessee, and Kent, 36, of Mobile. Wood is charged with sexual abuse, sodomy and incest. Kent is charged with sodomy and rape."

sbm

"Captain Arthur said the juvenile victim in this case contacted the sheriff's office. Investigators called one of the men she accused in for questioning, and officials said the suspect confessed.

"The age of this juvenile along with the circumstances surrounding it make it a heinous crime," said Captain Arthur.

Arthur said the suspect who confessed gave them the name of the second suspect in this case."

http://www.fox10tv.com/news/two-men-arrested-for-sex-crimes

I wonder why the time lag between Scott going in for questioning in Feb 2012 and his arrest in June. I guess the DA has to make sure the charges are valid and appropriate. It happens. I'm sure the others who were arrested later on knew their arrests were coming. Notice at first Scott's charged with incest and held without bond. Later the incest charges were dropped.

Also note these first arrests were in Baldwin County as opposed to the later charges filed in Mobile County.

Can't wait for the trials to begin next month.

Posted in the media thread this morning for handy reference.

SUMMARY OF SUSPECTS ARRESTS
1st arrest 2nd arrest 3rd arrest Sweep
Brownlee, William 3/19/1964 07/22/12 10/22/13
Cumbaa, James 11/17/1980 10/22/13
Holland, Donnie 2/12/1968
Holland, JR 12/20/1991 07/17/12
Kent, Dustin 05/27/1976 06/19/12 07/16/12 08/02/12 10/22/13 *advertiser censored*
Morgan, Butch 8/3/1966 10/22/13*warrant
Wood, Derek 5/26/1991 07/13/12
Wood, Scott 12/1/1969 06/19/12 10/22/13

Holland, Wendy 8/15/1979 08/22/12 11/29/12 10/22/13
Kent, Mendy 8/15/1979 10/22/13
Wood, Chessie 06/27/13 10/22/13*traffic
Moore, Jennifer 5/14/1981 11/04/13 *advertiser censored*

Bold, Italics is potential life sentence. Bond violation arrests excluded.

I like your handy dandy chart! Would it be a big pain to list the players chronologically instead of alphabetically? I see the dates are there, but I keep feeling there's something telling about the order of their first arrests that will come out in the trials.

Scott Wood, Dustin Kent, Derek Wood, Paul Jr Holland and William Brownlee in June and July 2012. Then a month break until Wendy Holland is arrested in August 2012. Then almost a year later Chessie Wood in June 2013. Then the big sweep October 2013 with James Cumbaa, Butch Morgan, Mendy Holland and repeat arrests of Dustin Kent, Scott Wood and Wendy Holland. Finally August 2013 Jenny Morgan is arrested.

Noted Dustin and Wendy have second and third arrests in there. Different victims?

I'll assume Donnie Holland Sr would have been in the first arrests June 2012.

I guess I'm not adding anything new here, just a sort out of arrest dates. I've caught KateB's math flu. :seeya:

Like this or continue to separate by gender?

SUMMARY OF SUSPECTS ARRESTS
1st arrest 2nd arrest 3rd arrest Sweep
Holland, Donnie 2/12/1968
Kent, Dustin 05/27/1976 06/19/12 07/16/12 08/02/12 10/22/13 *advertiser censored*
Wood, Scott 12/1/1969 06/19/12 10/22/13
Wood, Derek 5/26/1991 07/13/12
Holland, JR 12/20/1991 07/17/12
Brownlee, William 3/19/1964 07/22/12 10/22/13
Holland, Wendy 8/15/1979 08/22/12 11/29/12 10/22/13
Wood, Chessie 06/27/13 10/22/13*traffic
Morgan, Butch 8/3/1966 10/22/13*warrant
Cumbaa, James 11/17/1980 10/22/13
Kent, Mendy 8/15/1979 10/22/13
Moore, Jennifer 5/14/1981 11/04/13 *advertiser censored*

This view makes me think Scott turned in Junior. He has rape/incest on a relative, as well, that I tend to overlook him & Derek.

It could be Scott named Paul Jr and Derek especially if Scott turned over physical evidence like photos. Or it could be the victim kept naming names.

If Scott did turn in evidence, then what's the big to-do over Brittney's alleged letter? LE already had what they needed. Perhaps Scott snitched on all of them, then tried to cover his tracks by saying Brittney had a letter.

http://blog.al.com/live/2012/07/missing_womans_brother_accused.html
July 17, 2012 at 8:48 AM
Derek arrested
Lowery said that Wood&#8217;s arrest was the result of an investigation into two of his uncles, Randall Wood and Dustin Kent, who were arrested June 19 on charges of incest, sodomy and sexual abuse. Information disclosed by one or more victims in those cases helped lead to Derek Wood, according to Lowery. <snip>
"We have multiple victims at this point," Lowery said.

Holland JR, Donald "Paul" arrested
http://blog.al.com/live/2012/07/fourth_member_of_baldwin_count.html
July 18, 2012 at 3:35 PM, updated July 18, 2012 at 4:09 PM
Lowery said Wednesday that the charges against Holland, Kent and both Woods involve victims ages 12 to 16. He said that some victims were family members of the four men.

&#8220;The victims&#8217; disclosure led to this arrest as well (as the others),&#8221; Lowery said of Holland.

I'm running out of logical possibilities just what/who did Scott alert LE on. Skip all the way to Jennifer?

I hate it when we get a lull in the investigation. I've spent the last day rereading everything available and cant come up with anything we haven't rehashed to death (no pun intended). Hoping some more info is released prior to thw trial

I hate it when we get a lull in the investigation. I've spent the last day rereading everything available and cant come up with anything we haven't rehashed to death (no pun intended). Hoping some more info is released prior to thw trial

I think when the trials start we all will have a very different perspective of everyone and everything!
JMO

We might finally get some FACTS!
Real FACTS!

Does anyone actually see Brownlee in the family reunion perp walk video? Is he in there or brought in separately?

http://videos.al.com/al/2013/10/brittany_wood_family.html

Oct. 22, 2013: Mobile police, Saraland police and Mobile County deputies attempt to locate and arrest seven Wood-related suspects after a girl tells authorities she was sexually abused. New charges come down for Scott Wood, Wendy Holland, Brownlee and Kent. Authorities also charge 32-year-old James Cumbaa, who married in to the Wood family, 47-year-old Nelton "Butch" Morgan, a Wood family friend, and Wendy Holland's 33-year-old sister, Mendy Kent, on sodomy, sex abuse and other charges in relation to the ongoing investigation. All seven suspects, expect Morgan, were apprehended.

http://blog.al.com/live/2013/05/timeline_the_search_for_brittn.html

He was already in jail?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads