Amanda Knox tried for the murder of Meredith Kercher in Italy *NEW TRIAL*#10

Status
Not open for further replies.
But there are no drawers there. In fact I posted a photo of the only drawers in the room. :facepalm:
I no longer have any idea of where I read about the drawers. Perhaps the Follain text. In any case, if the postal police believed the room looked staged, I have to respect their opinion. Or do you believe, before Meredith was even found, that first officer Batistilli already had motive to frame Knox?

ETA: Aha, found it in Massei - it may be boxes of valuables, and not drawers that were referred to. (my error)
English translation: pp 44-56
;)

. It does not appear that the boxes on the table were opened (photo 65) in a search for valuable items. And indeed, no valuable item (cf. declarations of Romanelli) was taken, or even set aside to be taken, by the - at this point we can say phantom - burglar. One last aspect which bears repeating is the presence, noted and checked by several witnesses, of pieces of glass on top of the objects and clothing in Romanelli's room. This circumstance, which also reveals an activity of simulation, although it is not decisive because it does not actually exclude that the phantom burglar first broke the window and then made the mess in the room, was rejected by the Defence of the accused, which showed photographs that did not show glass on top of the clothes and objects scattered around Romanelli's room, and observed that the documentary and crystallisation value of a specific situation as realised [42] through a photo should prevail over witness statements sworn into the record.

This claim is not held to be sustainable, since it does not take into account the events and their succession and chronology. On the subject of the contrast between the testimony and the documents (photographs of Filomena's room that do not show pieces of glass on top of the clothes and objects scattered around), Romanelli's own declarations are significant and decisive. In her questioning of Feb. 7, 2009, she recalled having left her computer in its case "standing up, not lying down" (p. 269), and then, when she returned to the house, she saw that in her own room, the window was broken and "everything was all over the place..." (p. 40) She checked that her jewellery was there, which it was, and she looked for her computer which she saw "from underneath" (p. 40), and continuing to explain, she declared that "I picked up the computer and perceived that in lifting it, I was picking up pieces ofglass, in the sense that there was actually glass on top of it" (p. 41), and she noticed this circumstance so particularly that she added the following comment: "It was really a stupid burglar; not only did he not take anything, the broken glass was actually on top of the things" (p. 41). As she is usually very orderly, the witness also stated that she entered into her own room and searched around to see if anything was missing, and during that search she moved objects, thus changing the position
of some pieces of glass. At that moment, however, only the Postal Police officers were present, and they were there to understand why two mobile phones had been

I no longer have any idea of where I read about the drawers. Perhaps the Follain text. In any case, if the postal police believed the room looked staged, I have to respect their opinion. Or do you believe, before Meredith was even found, that first officer Batistilli already had motive to frame Knox?

I believe people are fallible, as exemplified above :)
I'm not sure what Battistelli really said but anyway it's just an opinion of someone who is not even particularly qualified. The room looks exactly like it should if Guede broke the window and climbed in, IMO.

BTW not only there are no open drawers, wrong ones or not, but also there is no 'glass on top of clothes' in the photos of the room.

I believe people are fallible, as exemplified above :)
I'm not sure what Battistelli really said but anyway it's just an opinion of someone who is not even particularly qualified. The room looks exactly like it should if Guede broke the window and climbed in, IMO.

BTW not only there are no open drawers, wrong ones or not, but also there is no 'glass on top of clothes' in the photos of the room.
See my ETA and Massei quote above. SMK

See my ETA and Massei quote above. SMK

Doesn't change anything. The room looks like Guede broke the window and climbed in.

The computer was on the floor to begin with, exactly were Filomena left it. Little wonder it got covered with glass. I'm not sure why should I expect Guede to immediately sift through the cardboard boxes of junk that filled the room. What if he went to the common area first, to look around, then to the bathroom to defecate, then Meredith walked in and that's it. Makes much more sense to me.

Doesn't change anything. The room looks like Guede broke the window and climbed in.

The computer was on the floor to begin with, exactly were Filomena left it. Little wonder it got covered with glass. I'm not sure why should I expect Guede to immediately sift through the cardboard boxes of junk that filled the room. What if he went to the common area first, to look around, then to the bathroom to defecate, then Meredith walked in and that's it. Makes much more sense to me.
Well, why did he bother to toss the room? Or are we to presume Filomena was a liar when she said she was orderly and had left all in order? We can presume her to lie, but not Knox?

Well, why did he bother to toss the room? Or are we to presume Filomena was a liar when she said she was orderly and had left all in order? We can presume her to lie, but not Knox?

He didn't. The clothes fell off the shelf while he was climbing in. The rest looks "in order".

Did Filomena go into detail as to what was not as she left it? I know she was unsure if she had closed the shutters completely. Was she unsure of anything else? Did she leave any clothing on her bed? Did she leave her boots where they were found?

I've read her testimony. The only thing not in order were the clothes under the shelf.
Well, then she ought not to have told the postal police that "everything was all over the place", a complete mess.

He didn't. The clothes fell off the shelf while he was climbing in. The rest looks "in order".
Within the section of Massei on the room (pp 44-55) it is reported that Filomena said the room "had been turned upside down" and was in total disarray. Why would she say this, instead of, "Oh, all is fine. Just some clothes fell off the shelf."???

Did Filomena go into detail as to what was not as she left it? I know she was unsure if she had closed the shutters completely. Was she unsure of anything else? Did she leave any clothing on her bed? Did she leave her boots where they were found?
She did not go into detail, but when someone says their room has been "turned upside down" and all is in "total disarray", etc., we can guess what they mean, generally. The last thing we would think is that, as Katody says, "all is in order but some clothes fell off the shelf."

Well, then she ought not to have told the postal police that "everything was all over the place", a complete mess.

Do we know for sure that is actually what she said? A lot of the information in early newspaper and tabloid reporting has been shown to be erroneous.

Do we know for sure that is actually what she said? A lot of the information in early newspaper and tabloid reporting has been shown to be erroneous.
It was reported by the postal police and appears in Massei.

It appears to me that the clothes fell out of the dresser when RG climbed in the window. Perhaps RG slipped or tripped on the cable under the window or something else, reached over to steady himself and knocked the clothes off of the shelf.

Attachments

• filomenaroom__18_.jpg
    filomenaroom__18_.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 11
  • filomenaroom.jpg
    filomenaroom.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 9
  • filomenaroom__28_.jpg
    filomenaroom__28_.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 11
She did not go into detail, but when someone says their room has been "turned upside down" and all is in "total disarray", etc., we can guess what they mean, generally. The last thing we would think is that, as Katody says, "all is in order but some clothes fell off the shelf."

When someone says that their room has been "turned upside down" and all is in "total disarray" then I would expect that things from the shelves to be on the floor or bed as well. Things on the table to be knocked over. For the room to look like someone had actually ransacked the place instead of it looking like someone left some clothes and things on their bed and then more clothes to have been knocked out of the dresser onto the floor.

MOO

Within the section of Massei on the room (pp 44-55) it is reported that Filomena said the room "had been turned upside down" and was in total disarray. Why would she say this, instead of, "Oh, all is fine. Just some clothes fell off the shelf."???

The photos don't confirm this. I'm not sure that's the phrase she really used in Italian.

It appears to me that the clothes fell out of the dresser when RG climbed in the window. Perhaps RG slipped or tripped on the cable under the window or something else, reached over to steady himself and knocked the clothes off of the shelf.
In order to see this, you have to dismiss the postal police and the court's belief that glass had been on top of things and that the room was staged. You have to take it on faith that Guede acted as a lone wolf, and actually entered the cottage through that window. Hendry has stamped this image into everyone's mind: Guede throwing the rock, climbing up and in. But the court ruled that that never happened.

The photos don't confirm this. I'm not sure that's the phrase she really used in Italian.
Massei states that - not knowing yet that the serious crime of murder had taken place - Filomena felt this was a petty robbery, and moved things and checked things. She may have rearranged things. Massei states that the photos are thus not representative of the real crime scene. He understands that Filomena was unaware and overcome with emotion when she altered the scene.

In order to see this, you have to dismiss the postal police and the court's belief that glass had been on top of things and that the room was staged. You have to take it on faith that Guede acted as a lone wolf, and actually entered the cottage through that window. Hendry has stamped this image into everyone's mind: Guede throwing the rock, climbing up and in. But the court ruled that that never happened.

I think it's correct to dismiss beliefs that may be erroneous in favor of hard photographic evidence. You're not saying the photos posted here are fake, are you?:seeya:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hardsaf