SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
It sounds like dogs were used around where the car was found and there was no scent found of her, so that makes me think more and more that the landing may have just been a dropping off point for the car.

I am not convinced that she used the landing as a meeting place. So going along those lines, I have been trying to think of the most logical places she could have possibly met up with someone.

Hopefully her close friends are sharing with LE the possible places that could have been used to possibly meet up with someone. And hopefully that is where the planned searchers are going to be next.

ETA - Since there was no blood or signs of struggle in her car, the only other thing that I can think of if the landing was the meeting place was if she willingly just jumped in another vehicle and nothing was amiss to her at that point OR forced by gunpoint or something. So, I suppose it is still possible the landing was the meeting place.

Just wanted to say I am very impressed with the initial police report and just wish now they can make a quick arrest(s).

I really fear something else bad may happen due to a "nothing to lose" type of thing and emotions that may get out of hand. I also fear perp(s) may flee the area.

I was impressed also. I was thinking where I live and worked, alot of officers who were dispatched to a abandon/suspicious car, imo, he would have run the plate and ticketed the car if needed be and left. I'm glad that the officer took the time to respond to owners residence and notify TE about finding his car. Imo officer drove TE back to the car and found it locked and thought well HE is just with her friends not knowing the outcome.

My stomach is in knots....I also think something will break real soon.

It sounds like dogs were used around where the car was found and there was no scent found of her, so that makes me think more and more that the landing may have just been a dropping off point for the car.

I am not convinced that she used the landing as a meeting place. So going along those lines, I have been trying to think of the most logical places she could have possibly met up with someone.

Hopefully her close friends are sharing with LE the possible places that could have been used to possibly meet up with someone. And hopefully that is where the planned searchers are going to be next.

With the car locked, I wonder a couple of things....
I wonder what position the driver's seat was in, considering that Heather is 5 foot one inch tall.
Also, I wonder if it would have been possible that the car was towed there somehow (especially since it was locked.) Could it have been towed on a trailer of some sort, then deposited at PTL?
Just throwing out ideas.....
IMOO.

NOTICE:

Be mindful that Heather's disappearance is an ongoing investigation. If you have any tips, please call the tip line.

Websleuths is your avenue to discuss the case and come up with ideas on how to find Heather. It is not a venue for sleuthing people surrounding the case - and their families and friends. We don't do that here.

The moderators spent a lot of the morning removing posts that were in violation.

If you have any questions on what is or isn't allowed, please contact a moderator. Imamaze is the point mod in this case, but you can contact any moderator of your choice and they'll be happy to help you.

Look at the first post of every thread and make sure you've reviewed the rules.

I'll reopen this thread in a few minutes - after I know y'all have seen this post. If you thank the post, I'll know many of you have read it and will reopen ASAP.

We're open again! Continue on and help Heather's loved ones FIND HER!!!!

Was HE's tumblr account posted on MSM or the FHFB?

Why was the car reported as suspicious? What was suspicious about it?

I would guess that the car was blocking the way, or was thought to be unusual because it didn't have a boat trailer. It's a boat launch. There are homes close to it, and some trailer homes with tight access for vehicles.

not sure if my last post was deleted as the thread was closed down so here it is in short the police report was submitted on 12/19 ..the car was reported because (just assuming here) that it was there overnight or possibly a couple of days because last contact as per her father was on 12/17 10:47pm (text/photo)

Oh my, I'm finally without words this morning. smh

I truely hope they find her asap.

I would guess that the car was blocking the way, or was thought to be unusual because it didn't have a boat trailer. It's a boat launch. There are homes close to it, and some trailer homes with tight access for vehicles.

IIRC it's because it was parallel parked next to the water. PTL doesn't have delineated parking spaces but either way, you'd only expect to see a car backed up towards the water. I can't imagine that many people routinely use that landing of all places, so a non-boat vehicle would definitely be weird.

Just to be clear, we still don't know who called it in, right? Likely just a local who uses it?

From one of the FHE search announcement posts... apparently there's discord with BB and the admins regarding LE vs CUE search (so presumably both are happening separately)? I wonder what the source of the disagreement is? Hope it's okay to paraphrase/speculate on that.

Things to do in Cases When There's No News:

- Go back through threads and collect what you think are the top ten most important links in the case, make a list of them, and post them. These lists would be great for both those familiar with the case, as well as people new to the case.

- If there's no timeline for the case, create one and post it, or begin one that others could add to. Find the most recent timeline, update it, and post it. If an existing timeline doesn't need updating, check to see if it's been posted within the last three pages of the most recent thread, and if not, go ahead and post it again for people new to the case to read.

- Write up your own recap of the story of the case and post it. Great for people who are new to the case, plus you get to give a voice to the victim.

- Go back and collect the known facts of the case, along with their source links, and post them. If you don't have time to collect all of them, just do whatever you have time for, and ask for others to add to it.

- Write up your own theory of what happened in the case and post it. Great to get others thinking about and posting on the case, and bring attention to it.

- Find a picture of the victim that hasn't been posted for a while, and post it so there's always a face to put with the victim's name, reminding people that the victim is a real person.

- Research to see if there's an updated missing poster and post it or link to it so it can be printed and distributed.

- Find the most recent map(s) of significant locations, update them if necessary, or just post the list of links if it hasn't been posted in the last few pages. If there's already a map created with one tool, create one with another tool that might give a different perspective. Maps can be created with Google Maps (http://maps.google.com/), Bing (http://www.bing.com/maps/?FORM=Z9LH7), and other online tools.

- Check Google News or Interceder (http://interceder.net/) for the most recent news story, and post it with a note that it's the most recent story on the case.

- See if there's a candle lighting site for the victim. If so, light a candle and post the link. If not, create a site, light a candle, and post the link so others can light candles. http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/enter.cfm?l=ENG

- Humanize the victim - see if you can find some of the victim's favorite things, make a list, and post them. Did you find the victim's favorite song? See if you can find the lyrics, and post a link to them. Did you find the victim's favorite place to go? See if you can find a website for it, or a link to it on Google Maps or Bing.com, and link to them.

- Write up a recap of the victim's story, or a particular aspect of the case that interests or puzzles you, in your very own unique way, and post it.

- Write up a Myth Buster! Do you know of a rumor or misinformation that's made the rounds in the case and has always bugged you? Look up the source links for the real facts, and bust the myth!

- Find all the Nancy Grace transcripts for all the shows about the case, make a list of the links, and post them. http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/ng.html

- Start a list of direct quotes from LE, along with the date stated, and link to source. Post it and ask others to contribute to it.

- Is there a certain news video or press conference that you and others are constantly listening to to determine what was said? Transcribe it and post it for reference.

- Make a Who's Who list of the people in the case, with their full name so they can be searched for easily, and what their role or relationship is to the case. Use initials only though, when appropriate per TOS.

- Make a list of the news websites that have been covering the case regularly, collect their URLs, and post it.

- For cases where there are general discussion threads instead of a forum, check to see if important information and links have been brought forward from previous threads, such as timeline, case recap, list of news websites, photo archives, candle lighting site for the victim, etc. Post the ones that haven't been brought forward yet.

Wonder if they used the dogs around her car to not only check for her, but also that any of those she had been in contact with that day?

I don't think it is really possible to post FACTS about the case after HE's date because no one really knows the true happenings, considering so much has been under wraps by LE.

Just some more ideas/theories.

If the landing was used as a meeting place, the fact that her car showed no signs of struggle or blood does seem to indicate some things.

It seems she either willingly got into another vehicle OR was forced at gunpoint into another vehicle OR maybe even went on a boat ride from there.

But sticking with another vehicle(s), it seems she may have not been aware that she was going to be harmed because I think LE would have seens some signs of a struggle in her car or around her vehicle or blood on the ground or something/anything.

If more than one perp was involved and it was pre-planned in advance to ambush her, then either 2 more vehicles or just 1 more vehicle may have been at the landing at some point.

If just 1 more vehicle, then I suppose its possible that one person could have been hiding in the backseat of another vehicle when they went to meet her. That could explain why she got into the vehicle and didnt expect anything until it was too late. Or of course the other person could have just been bending down in the passenger seat when they pulled up and then jumped out with a gun and ordered her to get in their vehicle.

If just 1 perp was involved, then its easier to see how she could have just jumped in another vehicle willingly, and then things went bad after that. Either there or somewhere else where they drove to.

Whether or not the landing was the meeting place or just where the car was dumped is tough to figure out. But no matter what, IMO, I dont think HE will be found in that immediate area. I hope LE finds her with the new upcoming searches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipstar2