Amanda Knox tried for the murder of Meredith Kercher in Italy *NEW TRIAL*#14

Status
Not open for further replies.
BTW...I did go out & had a fabulous Italian dinner...:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hope you were able to find Baci chocolate. There is an Italian deli not far from here that sells it, and my Italian teacher in high school use to reward us with it. Support the people of Perugia!!!

I really think Knox was jealous of Meredith. I think the two probably butted heads and Meredith was a very likeable, attractive girl. The jealousy built to rage and...

JMO as far as motive for her is concerned.

Honestly, I have no idea what her motive was. It doesn't matter to me. Murdering Meredith ....what possible motive could anyone have that would make ANY sense?

She has some nerve!

The only thing that I heard in this interview is,

ME ME ME ME ME
But on the other hand, ME ME ME ME ME
And in conclusion, ME ME ME ME ME

I did not hear any sorrow or compassion for Meredith and her family. Not even regret about what happened to Patrick because of her. As she has stated many times before Meredith was her friend. What happened to that?
She feels like it's all about her and she is the one and only victim.

There is zero chance AK will be extradited. Maybe even less than that. If there was compelling evidence of her guilt, there would be plenty of support for extradition. The discussion on this forum alone should convince any reasonable person, pro-guilt or pro-innocence, that you may be wrong. This will give more than enough fodder to reject extradition.

There is compelling evidence of her guilt- she's been convicted twice! She needs to be extradited now! Nope, I'm a reasonable person, an American, who has followed this case from the get-go, and all the evidence, and her lies, and behavior tell me she's GUILTY! No other logical conclusion.

Honestly, I have no idea what her motive was. It doesn't matter to me. Murdering Meredith ....what possible motive could anyone have that would make ANY sense?

In terms of understanding why, motive is important. Some kill for money, some even kill out of pleasure. Obviously the motive is irrational no matter what but nonetheless, it's another piece of the story.

There is zero chance AK will be extradited. Maybe even less than that. If there was compelling evidence of her guilt, there would be plenty of support for extradition. The discussion on this forum alone should convince any reasonable person, pro-guilt or pro-innocence, that you may be wrong. This will give more than enough fodder to reject extradition.

Nah...I am confident in my conclusion.
I'm not corrupt, jealous, stupid or politically motivated.

It's my opinion that anyone with rudimentary crime scene investigation knowledge, understands defense tactics and police procedures could and would reach a guilty verdict.

Personally I wish we had professional juries here in the USA.

Which the experts believe was contamination.

We are not going to change each others minds for sure..

BUt I hope and pray they get found not guilty on appeal. They don't deserve to be guilty.. Not with this evidence.
The final appeal is the SC appeal which is not so much a matter of deciding their guilt/innocence but more if the appeal court followed Italian law. Theoretically the SC could order the appeal to be redone, but that is very unlikely since they already gave their guidelines. They certainly won't be found innocent by the SC.

Hope you were able to find Baci chocolate. There is an Italian deli not far from here that sells it, and my Italian teacher in high school use to reward us with it. Support the people of Perugia!!!

No, I didn't...but I will!!!! ...Italian deli near me sells it too.

Mostly lurking, but yeah, I don't know how anyone can feel a high level of confidence in their opinion either way at this point.

In terms of understanding why, motive is important. Some kill for money, some even kill out of pleasure. Obviously the motive is irrational no matter what but nonetheless, it's another piece of the story.

I agree, sometimes it's obvious or important. IMO not in this case.

Mostly lurking, but yeah, I don't know how anyone can feel a high level of confidence in their opinion either way at this point.
I can because I followed her case from the beginning.

According to the opinions of various lawyers out there the chance of extradition is very slim. The reason is because (according to these US lawyers), the US government does look at a legal situation and there is (according to them) a valid argument for double jeopardy.

According to the opinions of various lawyers out there the chance of extradition is very slim. The reason is because (according to these US lawyers), the US government does look at a legal situation and there is (according to them) a valid argument for double jeopardy.
It's not Double Jeopardy according to Italian Law.

After the verdict, Knox – whose original sentence was for 26 years – issued a fiercely critical statement, attacking the Italian justice system and saying she had "expected better".
"First and foremost it must be recognised that there is no consolation for the Kercher family. Their grief over Meredith's terrible murder will follow them forever. They deserve respect and support," she said, adding she was "frightened and saddened" by "this unjust verdict".
She added: "Having been found innocent before, I expected better from the Italian justice system. The evidence and accusatory theory do not justify a verdict of guilt beyond a reasonable doubt. My family and I have suffered greatly from this wrongful persecution."

http://www.theguardian.com/world/20...sollecito-lose-meredith-kercher-murder-appeal

"She expected better" lmao!

No she didn't! That's why she didn't show up!

After the verdict, Knox – whose original sentence was for 26 years – issued a fiercely critical statement, attacking the Italian justice system and saying she had "expected better".
"First and foremost it must be recognised that there is no consolation for the Kercher family. Their grief over Meredith's terrible murder will follow them forever. They deserve respect and support," she said, adding she was "frightened and saddened" by "this unjust verdict".
She added: "Having been found innocent before, I expected better from the Italian justice system. The evidence and accusatory theory do not justify a verdict of guilt beyond a reasonable doubt. My family and I have suffered greatly from this wrongful persecution."

http://www.theguardian.com/world/20...sollecito-lose-meredith-kercher-murder-appeal

"She expected better" lmao!

No she didn't! That's why she didn't show up!

That's the only part she got right, but they will get justice from her conviction, and there is consolation in that. The rest of her statement I blow raspberries at if I could access the rest of the smilies.

IMO I have yet to see one lawyer actually qualified to render such an opinion.

I have heard one international law professor state it would be her BEST bet to attempt to argue. He didn't seem very optimistic.

That's the only part she got right, but they will get justice from her conviction, and there is consolation in that. The rest of her statement I blow raspberries at if I could access the rest of the smilies.

I have never heard of anyone not supporting and respecting Meredith's family...except Amanda and RS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member