Found Alive Australia - CC, 3, Bundaberg QLD, 10 April 2014 - #3

I disagree, I think the freedom should still be there - I don't believe that offences like this are on the rise, I simply think the internet's ability to give us immediate information on a global scale - and our thirst for it - is why it's perceived to happen more and more.

I think we are made so much more aware of what is happenings around the world which makes it seem that is happening so much more. We cant wrap our children up in cotton wool and shield them from the world as much as we like to. But there is a certain eliment of behaviour seems to be shown alot more in my opinion and thats the lack of impulse control, like this case, he took her. People with anger, king (coward hits), hurling abuse.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-09-...gerprint-technology-to-us-authorities/4942880

Aaa-hah!

Queensland police can scan fingerprints at the scene of a crime or coronial investigation and instantly upload the information to a national database.

The prints are then cross-referenced by a computer to flag any matches in the system and sent it a fingerprint analyst for inspection within minutes.

The head of the fingerprint bureau, Inspector Brendan Keleher, says the speed of the system means suspects can be identified within the hour.

:rocker: Great Sleuthing SS

<modsnip>

I disagree, I think the freedom should still be there - I don't believe that offences like this are on the rise, I simply think the internet's ability to give us immediate information on a global scale - and our thirst for it - is why it's perceived to happen more and more.

I think we are made so much more aware of what is happenings around the world which makes it seem that is happening so much more. We cant wrap our children up in cotton wool and shield them from the world as much as we like to. But there is a certain eliment of behaviour seems to be shown alot more in my opinion and thats the lack of impulse control, like this case, he took her. People with anger, king (coward hits), hurling abuse.

I do agree.. I think there is probably a bit of both.. the frequency may be more of these events happening. But I also think as a society we are more aware and the Media is so much more in our lives reporting on things and our access to the information is freely available compared to years gone past. Which I believe does make it appear more frequent.. But also the population as a whole is greater(therefore there will be a higher likelihood of these individuals creeping around) I think there is alot more social dysfunction in society these days though on a whole. Unfortunately for whatever reason I think there is a greater perception/ feeling of it being less safe. And there are things we had the freedom of as kids that many would not feel safe letting their kids do now.. Just my opinion anyway

Childers has a warm climate, so children would be freer and possibly play under the hose naked or in their undies, that's what little kids did in my day. Happy times saw the freedom of innocence. The beaches always had a naked little one running around & it was not obscene!
Unfortunately that freedom CAN'T happen anymore. It's a sadness of our society now but it's a fact.
This could be a reminder to us all to clothe the children properly with tops and shorts around the home. But then, a child at home in bed should have the ultimate safety. Snatched from their bed, where to now?

Absolutely right that freedom should be there but unfortunately & sadly, the harsh reality is...that same wonderful amazing internet which feeds us information is also a major breeding ground for the literally, 1,000s of paedophiles of the world.

With cameras at the ready,the predators can't resist whatever opportunity comes their way to feed their filthy minds. While offences such as abductions may not be on the rise, the freedom of yesteryear for our children is gone. The internet & it's predators took that away.

So I agree with TGY's comment, "that freedom CAN'T happen anymore"

Now its about education. Without scaring the absolute daylights out of our children that there are these predators out there that are preying on the vulnerable. On the street, in your school, in your computer.

Oh I think we can shield our kids. :)
We have to do it the right way.
My "kids" are adults and I can attest that I watched them like a hawk throughout their childhood. My dh and I used common sense, didn't allow our kids to walk the neighborhood alone, had sleepovers at our home, knew scout leaders before the kids joined and yes had certain computer times and rules.
Yep even 25ish years ago protecting my kids was keen.
I even nailed the kids bedrooms windows shut....

I'm now doing the same thing with grand kids.

We have to be proactive.

I grew up free and easy and I find it sad that my kids can't do that. And it's not fear of being abducted that I have - it's the fear that someone will report me/them to DOCS for not being looked after properly! Children are more at risk of being hurt, abused or taken by someone they know and know well than a random - the reason we know of the randoms though is because it's so unusual that it makes the news. Similar to accidents - planes are seen to be risky because EVERY plane crash, injuries or no, passenger jet or two seat cessna makes the news.. people are afraid to fly - however if they reported every car crash in the same way people would never leave the house.

I was driving down the road with a friend and these 3 kids were riding their bikes, she tsked and said "Look at these kids on the road..." to which I responded "I know! They should be sitting inside playing the playstation or something!" - I know what I'd rather see kids doing!

Maybe CC wasn't snatched in daylight because the older siblings were educated on stranger danger and would raise the alarm.
How do you educate a baby without scaring the tripe out of them for life?

She was in bed, asleep.....allegedly.

Please give a moment of thanks to our brilliant police force, they rarely let us down.
How do they do it? JUST BRILLIANTLY, of course

I just got back 2 weeks ago from a driving holiday, through Childers, Isis, Maryborough, Bundaberg, and Tin Can Bay. I must say we fell in love with Childers - lovely historic town, lovely main street with palm trees in the middle island, just lovely and tropical. And Isis, full of sugar cane plantations, and macadamia trees, just lovely! Could never imagine the towns now in the news so full of hidden agenda! We travelled up that way to catch the wild turtles hatching out of their eggs in a nesting place at Bundaberg - the place where the Court hearing was today. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-09-...gerprint-technology-to-us-authorities/4942880

Aaa-hah!

Queensland police can scan fingerprints at the scene of a crime or coronial investigation and instantly upload the information to a national database.

The prints are then cross-referenced by a computer to flag any matches in the system and sent it a fingerprint analyst for inspection within minutes.

The head of the fingerprint bureau, Inspector Brendan Keleher, says the speed of the system means suspects can be identified within the hour.

Wow ... how good is this! I am impressed. The implications of this are huge.

I just got back 2 weeks ago from a driving holiday, through Childers, Isis, Maryborough, Bundaberg, and Tin Can Bay. I must say we fell in love with Childers - lovely historic town, lovely main street with palm trees in the middle island, just lovely and tropical. And Isis, full of sugar cane plantations, and macadamia trees, just lovely! Could never imagine the towns now in the news so full of hidden agenda! We travelled up that way to catch the wild turtles hatching out of their eggs in a nesting place at Bundaberg - the place where the Court hearing was today. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Its nice to hear things like that, so often we can lose sight of what a town/place is due to events that have taken place there *S*

RSBM

BBM - that is an odd phrase, or is it an error? Did I not read in another article that he was stopped with a car full of his own 'possessions'?

I never heard of RSBM so I was curious and looked it up. Do not think you meant any of the 3 posted here. or were you hungry and wanted some soyabeans? :floorlaugh:

Reduction of Submissive Behavior Model (Medical)
RSBM
raw soybean meal (Medical)
RSBM
roasted full-fat soyabean meal (Medical)

I see there is still no news. I wonder was the arrested man one on the cttv footage? (I think I am making an error with the cttv but can't find the right initials. Geez Marlene wake up woman.

\

Please give a moment of thanks to our brilliant police force, they rarely let us down.

I have a soon-to-be 3 year old (which is why CC's case has me hooked). I feel it's too early to explicitly teach stranger danger at this age. Supervision is the key, a little bit of freedom in safe places so they aren't completely wrapped in cotton wool. Scaring the bejezus out of them about strangers will just lead to insecurity and anxiety issues down the track, IMO.

At Mon Repos? Did you see any? I went up there as a kid and we were up until 3am but got rewarded by seeing one turtle laying and guiding a group of baby turtles with torches down the beach! :)

Maybe CC wasn't snatched in daylight because the older siblings were educated on stranger danger and would raise the alarm.

Someone did suggest chlorophyll. I cannot believe he managed to get a child out of the house without her 2 sisters hearing something! I cannot! And, he must have carried her out of the front door - no way would he be able to get her back out of the window he came in, and traverse the roof of the car!!

Its a small house. On the night CC went missing, there had been adult visitors over for drinks. There was also a newborn in the house- lots of noise, if he is anything like my babies were! Maybe CC's sisters have learnt to be heavy sleepers?

Someone did suggest chlorophyll. I cannot believe he managed to get a child out of the house without her 2 sisters hearing something! I cannot! And, he must have carried her out of the front door - no way would he be able to get her back out of the window he came in, and traverse the roof of the car!!
While I don't want anyone to try it, you could easily steal my kids from right beside one another, they sleep so heavily. In fact my husband could be asleep on the same bed and you could STILL knick them, probably the mattress underneath them as well.

You could start a marching band up in my house and no one would stir.

I'm wondering if he has come across CC through his children! A kindergarten or local fete or something like that. He may not be known to the family but they have probably crossed paths without knowing! Just moo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alafair
Back