Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wow..I am behind..but, I wonder if JSS was told this?!!
Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 46m46 minutes ago
Jury says the hold out watched the news and it was worth the risk to get an alternate to replace her #jodiarias #3tvarias

I wish the PT had done a better job of checking the social media of these jurors and kept an eye on them during the trial. Lord knows the DT did. So obviously, if they knew this woman may have tweeted ( if that's the case) or discussed the case, watched the news or other infractions, then they knew she was pro defense and did not seek to have her removed. They may have known they had at least one in their back pocket all along.

MOO

MOO

not a paid subscriber. Now trial is over, will all the 'secret' stuff will be available to all people?

It could be....not sure. The text is surprising to me. Travis felt "ruined" by the sex. But he says he's addicted to her. He's mad about the hacking and says he knows she's slashed his tires and deleted an email to Lisa. Tells her if she wants his passwords to just ask "you are ruining my life but Im addicted"

Troy Hayden ‏@troyhaydenfox10 16m16 minutes ago
.@RealSheriffJoe denying all interview requests for #JodiArias. And DOC doesn't allow them. No further camera time for Jodi.

Wait, wait ,wait...wasn't that other murderer from Arizona filmed -Angela Simpson?? Oh, maybe they can't be filmed once convicted? No, that can't be true...JA was. So what doesn't the DOC allow...no filming in prison? I find that hard to believe...but maybe only 48hours gets to. :)

What lie? I missed that

He said she was talking about buying a house with Daryl Brewer and said they considered school districts because he had a son. But she'd said earlier in the day that they only had his son during the summers so she clearly lied directly to their faces.

What lie? I missed that

A really simple lie actually. That when she and Daryl Brewer were house hunting they were looking for a house with a good school district for his son but then the testimony elicited was that Brewer only got visitation of his son during the summer (i.e. no school). And that lie put off this juror so he didn't believe anything the murderess said.

Wait, wait ,wait...wasn't that other murderer from Arizona filmed -Angela Simpson?? Oh, maybe they can't be filmed once convicted? No, that can't be true...JA was. So what doesn't the DOC allow...no filming in prison? I find that hard to believe...but maybe only 48hours gets to. :)

Angela was still in jail when filmed. She hadn't been sent to prison yet at that time.

If I recall correctly, the Simpson interview was done while she was still in jail. I could be wrong but that's my recollection.

LWOP. Anything else would be silly as we have no parole system any more anyway.

Yes. She may have spoken to them--we don't know. She could remove a juror for not deliberating, but there have been SO many cases in which a single holdout juror was removed for "not deliberating" and then the verdict is overturned on appeal. It is very very very difficult to make the case that the juror is "not deliberating" vs. "stubbornly refusing to change her mind." Even saying, "Look. I've made up my mind and I'm not changing it, so don't bother trying" is not a "refusal to deliberate," although that's very likely how the other jurors would describe it. This is especially true in the penalty phase of a DP case, when the jury instructions expressly encourage jurors to make individual moral decisions based on whatever they think are grounds for leniency and not to be pressured by others into giving up their convictions.

AZlawyer, can you please describe what WOULD be considered "not deliberating"? Because not being able to discuss being swayed to ME is refusal, but I would like to hear your legal intelligent definition.

question: has jodi tweeted anything about today? im blocked so can't check

:seeya: She's been busy ... here ya go !

Jodi Arias Updates @JodiAnnArias · 5h 5 hours ago

Verdict reached

Jodi Arias Updates @JodiAnnArias · 4h 4 hours ago

Hung jury.

Jodi Arias Updates @JodiAnnArias · 1h 1 hour ago

"I feel kind of gang-raped by Troy Hayden, Joe Arpaio and Lisa Allen because of the media ambush." -- #JodiaArias

Jodi Arias Updates @JodiAnnArias · 1h 1 hour ago

To all the premeditating cold-blooded would-be killers on #JodiArias jury: U DON'T KILL A WOMAN 4 KILLING HER ABUSER, dumbsh-ts. #no-brainer

I am curious as to what happens when Jodi meets another inmate who is just like her?

Sociopaths, unlike most of us, are very adaptable. Jodi will do well in prison.The serial Canadian killer, Karla Homolko, had a female AND a male (guard) lover fighting over her and showering her with gifts She convinced a therapist and the Canadian legal system to free her and now is out of prison with 3 kids. Susan Smith got a male lover too (guard). That NOTHING Travis said or did could keep Jodi from manipulating her way into his bed, despite him telling others he was afraid of her, shows the how wily and powerful a sociopath with an agenda can be. Jodi has fans already. She will get piles of love letters from lovesick lonely fans. She 'll keep herself busy drawing pictures and writing back to them about being a victim of haters and " loving too much".

I am glad to hear that Jodi's new home is in Arizona without air conditioning and that her cell is small, sparse and might have cockroaches.

My own opinion

I wish the PT had done a better job of checking the social media of these jurors and kept an eye on them during the trial. Lord knows the DT did. So obviously, if they knew this woman may have tweeted ( if that's the case) or discussed the case, watched the news or other infractions, then they knew she was pro defense and did not seek to have her removed. They may have known they had at least one in their back pocket all along.

MOO

MOO

You don't think MDLR was being used as bait, do you?

I just read that #17 would watch the news at night. Said it was worth it if she got caught. She wanted to be removed from the jury.

if this is true (and I seriously question that 17 admits to this) then someone needs to do something legally

March 5, 2015
Sheriff Arpaio: Denies Jodi Arias Interviews
“Jodi Arias has been in our jail for seven years. A comprehensive report of the
history of her behaviors and activities while in our custody is in progress.
Upon reviewing the report it notes that she craves media attention and
continues to seek out ways to attract that attention. I will not allow her to play
that game and will deny any media interviews with her. Arias is a convicted
killer, and her 15 minutes of fame are over.”
- Sheriff Joe Arpaio

This is awesome. :happydance:

Wow, guess her sexual and intellectual charms aren't winning for her.

Every station I have listened to has a legal commentator who has blamed the Judge for a totally disjointed, stop/start, way overdrawn process and generally feeble management of this entire trial. IIRC Lisa Bloom was the only one who gave her any credit.

I imagine Lisa Bloom and her mother are big fans of Jodi....so, stands to reason Lisa would like Sherry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MildredVeraHolmes