SIDEBAR #54 - Travis Alexander forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zuri update:
She'll be a yearling October 23rd. Time flies!
attachment.php

attachment.php

When the morning sun hits her, she "shines".

Attachments

• DSC03360(11).jpg
    DSC03360(11).jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 53
  • DSC03362(11).jpg
    DSC03362(11).jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 52
1944 - Smoke on the Water - Red Foley tops the charts. A song during WWII

[video=youtu;PLSmj9G0cE0]http://youtu.be/PLSmj9G0cE0[/video]

Bernina, thank you for all your recent pics. Our baby Zuri has grown into such a beautiful and healthy yearling. Her coat has changed colors even more it seems.

Which has had me thinking of our sleuther Zuri. Sending a sh.iut out to you, luv. Hope you are having some improvement in your breathing and still sifting back taking care of yourself. :hug: :cupcake::getwell:

1960 - Chain Gang tops the charts for Sam Cooke

[video=youtu;zBn5aIfZElE]http://youtu.be/zBn5aIfZElE[/video]

Good afternoon my sidebar friends. Does anyone have any news about Zuri?

Bernina, the photo I was speaking about was of you and Kissy? last year. You had a blue plaid long sleeve shirt with light blue jeans and you hair was down.

http://www.kpho.com/story/30122553/...n-of-end-times-by-some-mormons?autostart=true

'Blood Moon' seen as sign of end times by some Mormons

It's unclear how many Latter-day Saints buy the theory, but Mormon leaders were worried enough that they took the rare step this week of issuing a public statement cautioning the faithful not to get carried away with visions of the apocalypse.

The Mormons preparing to hunker down Sunday night aren't alone. Some from other religions also fear a doomsday scenario. A Christian pastor in Texas has written a book predicting a world-shaking event.
Storing away enough food and water in case of disaster, job loss or something worse is part of the fundamental teachings of the Mormon religion. Many homes in Utah are equipped with special shelving for cans of beans, rice and wheat. The belief that regular history will someday end, bringing a second coming of Jesus, is embedded in the minds of Mormons and the church's official name.
Though most Latter-day Saints probably haven't even heard of this latest theory tied to the blood moon, the church's decision to address it publicly is significant and shows leaders felt the need to reassert their authority on the matter, Mormon scholars said.

:facepalm:........I know what my mom's doing right now (and the rest of my extended family in Utah), and the "how many" is quite a bit.

I challenge them to look at their cell phones, REALLY think about the science and technology involved, and then ask themselves if their Savior is going to "tweet" his 2nd coming. Seriously, they claim he will be seen by all, at the same time, all around the world. Decades past, his face would be in the sky for all to see. Thanks to technology, people can now see him on their cell phones all at the same time.
And their long dead prophets get 2 thumbs up for predicting a device that allows the whole world to "see". #buddychrist

ef337f010d3450e595993d70a457c9f3.jpg

This is not intended to offend anyone, or any religion, except my own ex-religion. When you live a childhood of "death and destruction" it REALLY effects your well being. Welcome to my childhood.

None of the prophecies that the church prophets foretold EVER came about, their fall back position? "They are only men, they are fallible, and the meaning can get lost in translation".

I hope everyone enjoys the full moon on Sunday, it won't happen for another 18 years. And if you happen to have your cell phone out, take a picture!!!! I'll be up on my roof........

Bernina, thank you for all your recent pics. Our baby Zuri has grown into such a beautiful and healthy yearling. Her coat has changed colors even more it seems.

Which has had me thinking of our sleuther Zuri. Sending a sh.iut out to you, luv. Hope you are having some improvement in your breathing and still sifting back taking care of yourself. :hug: :cupcake::getwell:

Waiting for a peep out of our dear friend..........my jingles are still jangling!!! :floorlaugh:

1960 - Chain Gang tops the charts for Sam Cooke

[video=youtu;zBn5aIfZElE]http://youtu.be/zBn5aIfZElE[/video]

Good afternoon my sidebar friends. Does anyone have any news about Zuri?

Bernina, the photo I was speaking about was of you and Kissy? last year. You had a blue plaid long sleeve shirt with light blue jeans and you hair was down.

Found it!!!!

Attachments

• photo 5.jpg
    photo 5.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 38
Has anyone here been following the Joanna Madonna trial in NC?

I have spent (read: wasted) several hours today watching her testimony. I haven't gotten to the point where she talks about the (stabbing/shooting) murder of her husband, so that's something to bear in mind.

There is a WS page, and most there compare her to Jodi Arias (lying, claiming self-defense, etc.)

So far, I'm not seeing the comparisons. To me, she comes off as much more honest than JA, though apparently, how she claims the murder plays out is not credible. I'm going to watch through to the end of her testimony. I think the cross examination is where the damning stuff comes out.

Anyone else following that trial? Closing arguments are set for Monday/Tuesday...

As usual WRAL does a really good job with trial videos...

I have spent (read: wasted) several hours today watching her testimony. I haven't gotten to the point where she talks about the (stabbing/shooting) murder of her husband, so that's something to bear in mind.

There is a WS page, and most there compare her to Jodi Arias (lying, claiming self-defense, etc.)

So far, I'm not seeing the comparisons. To me, she comes off as much more honest than JA, though apparently, how she claims the murder plays out is not credible. I'm going to watch through to the end of her testimony.

Anyone else following that trial? Closing arguments are set for Monday/Tuesday...

Hmmmmm.......may just go check it out.......

http://www.kpho.com/story/30122553/...n-of-end-times-by-some-mormons?autostart=true

:facepalm:........I know what my mom's doing right now (and the rest of my extended family in Utah), and the "how many" is quite a bit.

I challenge them to look at their cell phones, REALLY think about the science and technology involved, and then ask themselves if their Savior is going to "tweet" his 2nd coming. Seriously, they claim he will be seen by all, at the same time, all around the world. Decades past, his face would be in the sky for all to see. Thanks to technology, people can now see him on their cell phones all at the same time.
And their long dead prophets get 2 thumbs up for predicting a device that allows the whole world to "see". #buddychrist

This is not intended to offend anyone, or any religion, except my own ex-religion. When you live a childhood of "death and destruction" it REALLY effects your well being. Welcome to my childhood.

None of the prophecies that the church prophets foretold EVER came about, their fall back position? "They are only men, they are fallible, and the meaning can get lost in translation".

I hope everyone enjoys the full moon on Sunday, it won't happen for another 18 years. And if you happen to have your cell phone out, take a picture!!!! I'll be up on my roof........

Thanks Bernina, I didn't know about the Blood Moon. Here's a link to find out when it can be seen in your area.
http://www.timeanddate.com/astronomy/

for you, Bernina!

The Drifters, Up On The Roof:

http://youtu.be/7F_opWg9_qI

for you, Bernina!

The Drifters, Up On The Roof:

http://youtu.be/7F_opWg9_qI

Oh, man......that brings back awesome memories!!!! My 1st ex and his band mate, Gary would sing that so beautifully and pick up the tempo at the end with ad lib "come on little girl, let's just count the stars together........*repeat.....*repeat", both playing acoustic guitars, they were jammin'.
They were soooooo talented. They were called "Al & Cobb", and had a bassist, another guitarist, and a drummer who's cousin was in the Doobie Brothers, and they all played piano. They could do anything from blues to reggae, rock to soul, latino to jazz, etc, etc. And they were really easy on the eyes.

(end the awesome part)

And all of them are dead, except the ex. "Live fast, die young, leave a good looking corpse" as the saying goes. They had all the right music connections, jammed with some well known artists, the studio gratis any time they wanted, all they had to do was lay down the tracks............the only tracks they laid were on their arms, between their toes, fingers, and neck. It all went down hill after 4 months very, very fast. I actually bailed back to Arizona after a year, (we were in the Bay Area, Cali) 7 months pregnant, it was too dangerous, and I had had enough, I cried all the way back on the plane, naive little 19 year old with a head full of what evil was really like. I took my husband's 12 string hoping he'd follow. Kinda funny seeing a teeny pregnant gal lugging a back pack and a guitar case out of the Phoenix Airport, lol! I really wanted to kiss the ground.

I must have been a site!

So far, I'm not seeing the comparisons. To me, she comes off as much more honest than JA, though apparently, how she claims the murder plays out is not credible. I'm going to watch through to the end of her testimony. I think the cross examination is where the damning stuff comes out.

As usual WRAL does a really good job with trial videos...

I've been watching Bella Bond, and reading through the threads for Lonzie Barton. Lonzie went "missing" when mom's new violent boyfriend kept Lonzie, 2 ,and his 5 year old sister while mom stripped at a club. Said he left them in the car and ran inside to get something and guess what? someone stole the car and took Lonzie,he saw the car driving off when he came back outside. New boyfriend couldn't call the police right then because his cell phone was dead, and he had to charge it. No banging on doors yelling for help, but I had to charge my phone. Mom was said to of asked new boyfriend about a bruise on the back of Lonzie' head, and that yellow fluid was coming out of his ears a day or two before he went missing. In the photo they have of him, he had a bruise on his forehead and an abrasion on his lower lip. Lonzie Barton is a second cousin to Haleigh Cummings

Watching the opening statement of the defense for the Madonna trial............what a story the defense tells *MAJOR EYE ROLL*

I've been watching Bella Bond, and reading through the threads for Lonzie Barton. Lonzie went "missing" when mom's new violent boyfriend kept Lonzie, 2 ,and his 5 year old sister while mom stripped at a club. Said he left them in the car and ran inside to get something and guess what? someone stole the car and took Lonzie,he saw the car driving off when he came back outside. New boyfriend couldn't call the police right then because his cell phone was dead, and he had to charge it. No banging on doors yelling for help, but I had to charge my phone. Mom was said to of asked new boyfriend about a bruise on the back of Lonzie' head, and that yellow fluid was coming out of his ears a day or two before he went missing. In the photo they have of him, he had a bruise on his forehead and an abrasion on his lower lip. Lonzie Barton is a second cousin to Haleigh Cummings

BBM

Wow, this whole story is do weird! I have followed it a bit, but not closely...

1954 - Fats Domino's "Blueberry Hill" enters the charts.

[video=youtu;ywm9RhBI3Lk]http://youtu.be/ywm9RhBI3Lk[/video]

Still watching Joanna Madonna's testimony. Now on redirect. While she does seem to equivocate, I'm still not seeing premeditation, as was the case with Jodi Arias.

The WS page about this case is quite biased against her, so I don't want to post there.

One thing I've noticed, though, the prosecutor is soooooo weak, especially when compared to Jaun Martinez. Perhaps that makes the difference? Maybe had this case been in JM's hands, the premeditation would be made obvious?

I dunno, I'll be watching through 'til the end of her testimony...

I am still leary of getting too interested in another tough case, but spending a lot of time on our local cases here. The two mentioned tonight sound very emotional.

Bernina, you have had such an amazing life of experiences, both good and awful. However you stayed sane and became such a wonderful woman is attributed to your good sense and amazing character. I have so much admiration for you.

Good music tonight!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member