Identified! SC - Jason Patrick Callahan, Myrtle Beach, missing since 1995

She is quoted in the snopes article Greymetal that is and changed ger imgur name.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I notice the headline IDENTIFIED. You have your name back Jason. RIP.

Im speechless, i was expecting it but I still dont know what to say.

Jason has been near to my heart since the first time i heard about him, and I really thought he would never be identified so much time had past and so many people had been considered.

Its such a strange mix of feelings, happiness that he has his name back but utter devestation that the Jason that looked like such a happy sunny boy, like he would be everybodys friend is gone.

I hope that his family can take comfort in the fact that so many people were thinking of him, and working to get him his name. He was never alone.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I never thought Sharon Marshall would be identified. When she was I knew anything is possible. Social media is such an incredible tool for the unidentified, I hope to see many more of these solved.

I hope his mother finds peace of mind and has the opportunity to grieve for him given this news. There are so many people who wanted to find his name over time. A great thanks is owed to those who pushed forward. I do remember the day that Greymetal got all of us going in a different direction.

His life changed based on a simple twist of fate. His identity is found through hard work and a belief that anonymity was not his destiny.

Rest in peace, Jason. (It feels so great to write his name.)

Great lost. The one thing I'd like to add, I hope there is some solace in knowing Jason died doing what he loved.

Still finishing up with the thread.

Watching this whole process unfold and culminate today was an amazing ride. This case has set a major precedent, proving the power of crowd-sourcing led by motivated folks to solve cases like this. For all of the tireless sleuthing, theorizing, and work done by many for long, ultimately the right people had to see the photos for this case to be solved. For all its trivial annoyances, social media with widespread sharing does have the unique power to spread information exponentially. A next logical step might be to evolve these ideas into something more permanent, for disseminating information on these cases.

I don't listen to the Grateful Dead, but every time I hear the words Grateful Dead, I'll think of the name Jason Callahan.

Fare thee well, Jason Callahan.

Going home, going home,
By the waterside I will rest my bones,
Listen to the river sing sweet songs,
To rock my soul.
Fare thee well!
-Grateful Dead.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Watching this whole process unfold and culminate today was an amazing ride. This case has set a major precedent, proving the power of crowd-sourcing led by motivated folks to solve cases like this. For all of the tireless sleuthing, theorizing, and work done by many for long, ultimately the right people had to see the photos for this case to be solved. For all its trivial annoyances, social media with widespread sharing does have the unique power to spread information exponentially. A next logical step might be to evolve these ideas into something more permanent, for disseminating information on these cases.

Its a lovely thought that dear Jason may become a pioneer in the search for the identities of other does. It would be a fitting tribute to the boy who went off to find his own adventures.

Wow, so elated! I've been fascinated by this particular Doe for a long time.

20 years and the mystery is finally over. His mother and family finally have closure.

Wow! It's been a long time, but I was sure! Thank you Websleuthers!:loveyou:

It's just a box of rain
I don't know who put it there
Believe it if you need it
or leave it if you dare
But it's just a box of rain
or a ribbon for your hair
Such a long long time to be gone
and a short time to be there

Rest in peace Jason

I'm simply ecstatic he has his name back, but of course I am so sorry for his family and friends. What sadness that his life was cut short. Well done everyone here who put in effort to identify him. Fly high, sweet angel. Never give up hope.

What fantastic news. :) And it couldn't have come at a better time. He'll be with his family again for the holidays. His soul can be at peace.

2015 has been quite a year for identification from what I can see.

I'm glad his family can finally have closure and give their loved one a proper burial!

Happy tears. I've always felt a strong connection with Grateful Doe, he was one of my pet cases (you all know what I mean). I'm so glad he has his name back. The internet is an amazing thing. Social media has its downfalls to be sure, but look at the wonderful things it can do! Thank you to each one of you who has worked to identify Grateful Doe. :grouphug:

Rest in peace, Jason. I'm happy your final days were filled with music and adventure. I'm listening to the Grateful Dead in your honor today. :heart:

‘Grateful Doe’ mystery solved; man ID’d in 20-year-old wreck
Posted 7:38 pm, December 9, 2015, by Web Staff

u8FYAKn.jpg

Jason Patrick Callahan

On a Facebook page founded in 2012 dedicated to finding the identity of “Grateful Doe,” organizers posted the good news.

“Because of everyone here this man will finally make his way home!” the post reads.

“On another note I want this story to do so much more I really pray that this story gives an important lesson to reporting your missing loved ones or even trying to check up on them if you haven’t had contact in years.”

[video=youtube;PMBCoE-PdYs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMBCoE-PdYs[/video]

"Attics Of My Life"

In the attics of my life, full of cloudy dreams unreal.
Full of tastes no tongue can know, and lights no eyes can see.
When there was no ear to hear, you sang to me.

I have spent my life seeking all that's still unsung.
Bent my ear to hear the tune, and closed my eyes to see.
When there was no strings to play, you played to me.

In the book of love's own dream, where all the print is blood.
Where all the pages are my days, and all the lights grow old.
When I had no wings to fly, you flew to me, you flew to me.

In the secret space of dreams, where I dreaming lay amazed.
When the secrets all are told, and the petals all unfold.
When there was no dream of mine, you dreamed of me.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kakkilynn
Back