Oscar Pistorius - Discussion Thread #68 *Appeal Verdict*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I call BS on that.
Dangerous (non)'story' to even publish. It's almost hard to follow for all the 'alledgedly', 'reportedly', 'it is claimed ' etc insertions.

Sorry it's MSM.
Yes really dangerous in the scheme of things???!

I expect the family to complain then as they did over the prison conditions "diva" comments.

Or the family can sue of course- damages might be handy now that he is flat-broke.

The text content sounds remarkably familiar to the biography on him I have here.

Sorry it's MSM.

I expect the family to complain then as they did over the prison conditions "diva" comments.

Or the family can sue of course- damages might be handy now that he is flat-broke.

The text content sounds remarkably familiar to the biography on him I have here.

Yes, what's interesting is that here in the UK, the press are far more circumspect in publishing these kind of stories since the Leveson Inquiry and the tightening of the PPC code of conduct. The mail are renowned for making mountains out of molehills but they aren't renowned for defamatory accusations. They must be pretty sure of their facts given the dire consequences for Pistorius if this story can be substantiated and themselves if it can't.

Tellingly, Annelise Burgess did not give an unequivocal no when asked to comment. No doubt she's grilling him right now about the burner phone he doesn't have. No wonder he wanted access to the internet as part of his bail conditions, then again, maybe she was on the non-existant/spuriously affiliated LSE course with him.

There'll be some plausible explanation for this mix-up. If not there's always GAD!

Edit: I wonder if this is machiavellian Roux's preparatory gambit in appealing to the CC on the grounds that Oscar cannot receive a fair trial/sentencing. Any of our resident legal eagles care to comment?

There was some speculation way back (on here I think but not 100% sure), that the wipe could have been an accidental result of CP transferring all phone data to another place like a pc. I don't know anything about whether that is either possible or likely with an iPhone.

If there was anything to be deliberately removed, my guess would be any conversations with jenna edkins, as the fact that he was still in touch with her wouldn't look good from a pr perspective. However, even if this were the case,
it wouldn't necessarily mean that Pistorius himself knew anything about his phone being removed and/or wiped.
BIB - are you suggesting that CP, without any input from his murderer brother, would have taken it upon himself to remove OP's phone before deleting all the information and syncing it with his PC? Why would he do that unless that's what OP specifically wanted? Supposing OP had important stuff on there that he wanted to keep? How would CP know unless he asked? Sorry, but I think the idea that CP took it upon himself to tamper with evidence without the slightest input from the murderer is stretching credibility beyond all belief.

It was a chaotic scene, I highly doubt that Oscar was of right mind to be "plotting" his how to get out of jail story.

Also,

If the calls were made on the cell, there would be a clear record of this unless the cold blooded Oscar was able to think rationally enough to not use his cell but instead use a wired line in which case the question begs to ask why would he need to call in the first place.

Yeah, we have already begun to dispel this theory since there would have indeed been a phone company log of any calls... although I would not discount for one second Oscar's ability to be plotting his get out of jail story from the minute he discovered that he had mortally wounded Reeva.

Sorry it's MSM.

I'm not in the least surprised, since we know the convicted murderer has all the morals of an alley cat. There was the 19-year-old he hooked up with in the same year he murdered Reeva and while awaiting trial for that murder. That one seems to have seen sense and dumped him. Kind of trashes all the BS we've heard about how he still loves Reeva. Actions always speak louder than his shallow words.

[video=youtube;VDy0wFJcct4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDy0wFJcct4[/video]

no it is faked. the fake text starts after the first smiley... :)
n.b.
the inconsistent leading between the three lines of text.
the typefaces don't match:
tops of the letters d and l
second font is more condensed: compare letters s, e, c.
the two ) are different
position and shape of the dot above the i.
etc etc

You are just the sleuthiest sleuth, Sleuth-d!

Yes, what's interesting is that here in the UK, the press are far more circumspect in publishing these kind of stories since the Leveson Inquiry and the tightening of the PPC code of conduct. The mail are renowned for making mountains out of molehills but they aren't renowned for defamatory accusations. They must be pretty sure of their facts given the dire consequences for Pistorius if this story can be substantiated and themselves if it can't.

Tellingly, Annelise Burgess did not give an unequivocal no when asked to comment. No doubt she's grilling him right now about the burner phone he doesn't have. No wonder he wanted access to the internet as part of his bail conditions, then again, maybe she was on the non-existant/spuriously affiliated LSE course with him.

There'll be some plausible explanation for this mix-up. If not there's always GAD!

Edit: I wonder if this is machiavellian Roux's preparatory gambit in appealing to the CC on the grounds that Oscar cannot receive a fair trial/sentencing. Any of our resident legal eagles care to comment.

Interesting, Paul.
And Bild is another junk paper with both deep pockets and well-paid lawyers. On here, we have been expecting more of these stories to trickle out and this one, whilst bizarre would have to be a clever faker as it recalls many OP characteristics
- use of WhatsApp, digital flirtations, bo -boo Baba talk, head over heels within days with marriage talk, yet another blonde, multiple phone numbers.

Gosh maybe it's the UK's very creative "PhoneJacker" who also has the nous to use pre-paids to send "thousands of messages" for over a year.

FromGermany might check it out in German for the original contents.

It's interesting that the biography says that at this stage, during the trial he was lighting a candle all night, every night under Reeva's photo in his bedroom, no doubt a superstitious ritual rather than an act of devotion. ( Sources are his family.)

BIB - are you suggesting that CP, without any input from his murderer brother, would have taken it upon himself to remove OP's phone before deleting all the information and syncing it with his PC? Why would he do that unless that's what OP specifically wanted? Supposing OP had important stuff on there that he wanted to keep? How would CP know unless he asked? Sorry, but I think the idea that CP took it upon himself to tamper with evidence without the slightest input from the murderer is stretching credibility beyond all belief.

No - i am suggesting that he could have done.
It's just a possibility- Nothing more definite than that. I don't agree that it stretches credibility beyond belief. I can think of some credible scenarios that don't involve OP giving instructions to wipe the phone. I don't think there is just one possible explanation for the phone moving/wiping

I'm not in the least surprised, since we know the convicted murderer has all the morals of an alley cat. There was the 19-year-old he hooked up with in the same year he murdered Reeva and while awaiting trial for that murder. That one seems to have seen sense and dumped him. Kind of trashes all the BS we've heard about how he still loves Reeva. Actions always speak louder than his shallow words.

Absolutely, just the ones we have heard mentioned:
Erin Stear ( on the Prosec witness list) flirtations whilst seeing Reeva;
Baby Shoes Jenna Edkins - 13.2.13 phone contact;
chatting up blonde in the night club who gave him the brush off;
and yes, Leah Skye Malan the 19 year old.

Compulsive & needy character and all very familiar.

Even this OP book describes his approach to relationships with women as "hysterical"
or as per DM comment " A nut case."

No - i am suggesting that he could have done.
It's just a possibility- Nothing more definite than that. I don't agree that it stretches credibility beyond belief. I can think of some credible scenarios that don't involve OP giving instructions to wipe the phone. I don't think there is just one possible explanation for the phone moving/wiping
BIB - you can think of some credible scenarios? Care to share a few?

Katie Price reveals Oscar Pistorius sent her DIRECT Twitter messages DURING his trial
http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/katie-price-reveals-oscar-pistorius-4526720

Rather than a flirtation, maybe OP assumed she was still a highly popular/influential figure in the UK and so association with her could assist him in his PR. IIRC K.Price initiated the contact or maybe just posted hashtag Oscar etc , he was happy to reply, not sure but .....when most of your friends have deserted you, beggars can't be choosers.

The same newspaper says she is in panto now - maybe that's OP's ultimate destiny? He did after all do "Dancing With Stars" demonstrating to us all his nifty footwork and lifts on prosthetics on slippery surfaces. ( Latter in reply to someone's post about concerns he couldn't carry Reeva down the slippery stairs...)

BIB - you can think of some credible scenarios? Care to share a few?

Okay...
Eg. CP is aware of his brother's friendship (?) with jenna edkins and thinks it best to check the phone for messages between the two, knowing it won't look good in court if it can be suggested that this relationship was evidence that his brother might have been cheating on Reeva.

Or...
Eg CP knows his brother has famous contacts/sensitive information/personal photos etc on the phone. Suspecting that some of that info might get leaked by someone within the police for the right sum he decides to wipe the phone.

There is no way of knowing whose (if anyone's) idea it was to take the phone let alone to wipe it.

thanks for the links, from this one:
http://sbeta.iol.co.za/news/crime-courts/hougaard-denies-sms-to-reeva-1583956

bits of info that are news to me...

this on hougaard:
"Hougaard had, however, seen her about two weeks before her death, at a mutual friend’s engagement dinner, he told the magazine."
presumably this is the 27th party that ended in rs/op argument.

and this:
"Steenkamp was not the only woman both 25-year-old Hougaard and Pistorius had dated, the article pointed out. Both men had also gone out with Melissa Rom."

and this:
"Hougaard and Steenkamp met last year at the home of Darren Fresco, one of the State witnesses in Pistorius’s murder trial."

What made the tweet more believable imo is the bit in the book, https://books.google.ca/books?id=WIKBAwAAQBAJ&printsec=frontcover#v=onepage&q&f=false "One Tragic Night: The Oscar Pistorius Murder Trial
By Mandy Wiener, Barry Bateman" about RS, OP and FH, from P.40-43 and then all the tampering from P.362-367. Though if in fact the tweet had been doctored, it makes one wonder why and by whom(more Hulk work to point fingers in a different direction?).

Interesting, Paul.
And Bild is another junk paper with both deep pockets and well-paid lawyers. On here, we have been expecting more of these stories to trickle out and this one, whilst bizarre would have to be a clever faker as it recalls many OP characteristics
- use of WhatsApp, digital flirtations, bo -boo Baba talk, head over heels within days with marriage talk, yet another blonde, multiple phone numbers.

Gosh maybe it's the UK's very creative "PhoneJacker" who also has the nous to use pre-paids to send "thousands of messages" for over a year.

FromGermany might check it out in German for the original contents.

It's interesting that the biography says that at this stage, during the trial he was lighting a candle all night, every night under Reeva's photo in his bedroom, no doubt a superstitious ritual rather than an act of devotion. ( Sources are his family.)

On the whole a German news article (not BILD) reads just as the DM article. From 7/13 until 10/14 he had contact to this Austrian lady, first via Instagram and then Whatsapp. 10/14 he sent a selfie outing himself as Oscar. She couldn't believe but then she had further contact with him, more intensive than before.
Re the prepaid phone - the receiver of a call doesn't know it's a prepaid phone, I thought? Did he tell her? How "exiting" to tell. But we know: only a story we don't have to believe in it's fullest. :D

http://www.news.de/promis/855627494...sraetsel-um-schoene-oesterreicherin-nina-f/1/

Unfortunately, no access to BILD - paywall. Don't know if the pic is what she received from OP as a selfie??

Okay...
Eg. CP is aware of his brother's friendship (?) with jenna edkins and thinks it best to check the phone for messages between the two, knowing it won't look good in court if it can be suggested that this relationship was evidence that his brother might have been cheating on Reeva.

Or...
Eg CP knows his brother has famous contacts/sensitive information/personal photos etc on the phone. Suspecting that some of that info might get leaked by someone within the police for the right sum he decides to wipe the phone.

There is no way of knowing whose (if anyone's) idea it was to take the phone let alone to wipe it.
BIB - what do you mean 'if anyone's'? The phone was removed. Unless it spirited itself away, deleted its own contents and then synced itself with a PC - someone had to have done those things. So what do you mean 'if anyone's'?

Your two scenarios aren't credible from my own point of view as you're looking for the least likely options and choosing those all the time. Part of OP's BS involves trying to persuade the court of his 'deep' love for Reeva. "She went to bed loved that night" - well, before she was chased to the toilet and shot dead, that is. But the likelihood is that OP himself knew whatever was on that phone either a) proved his 'love' for Reeva was a load of old crock, and/or b) proved he'd murdered her. Whatever, that information should have been available to the court so that ALL the facts were present, and not just the ones OP hadn't managed to hide.

Why would CP take it upon himself to trawl through the phone and decide what was and wasn't sensitive when OP already knew what was on it? I don't understand why you are looking to absolve OP of every single little thing. Everything points to his calculated and callous attempt to pervert the course of justice from the second he murdered Reeva.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bekakay420