Travis Alexander's Journals and text messages

Fergie?? She sang "Clumsy" and Travis said she was weird.

I remember Travis talked about the song "Hurt" by Johnny Cash (originally Nine Inch Nails song) but he liked it. It is a song about addiction though

That's all I can remember except for The Star Spangled Banner. I WILL NOT listen to that sex tape again. NO WAY!!

Lolol Caylee, I feel ya on that.

*cringe* :sick:

Ugh. Listening to the entire sex tape for the first time. Tried to a few weeks back but couldn't do it. Also didn't realize how much had been edited out even in that YouTube vid I watched recently (thank goodness!!).

What I'm listening for are clues about when pieces of it were recorded. It's interesting that the parts about travel plans are the most obviously spliced. Heavily.

IMO she was trying to link the "May 2" sex fantasy she sent to herself with this "May 10" tape and with his intent to visit her and act out that tree fantasy (of hers).

*SMF* THIS is the song she related to.. oh great. You know, I'm sorry, buuut I never liked that song. :runaway:

Since I'm torturing myself with the sex tape I'll clear up the confusion I've created when (sigh) I get to that part of the tape.

I remembered last night though that I got it wrong about it being a song about becoming enemies, etc. She was referring to the plot of a Spiderman movie....then came the songs..

Wouldn't an appeals court base its ruling on whether any evidence viewed in a different context would have changed the outcome? IMO, the evidence viewed differently as put forth here on WS based on all the work Hope has done with the texts shows the killer to be even worse than was depicted with evidence viewed as it was at trial. IOW, the court would probably conclude that the new view, if any is possible, would not have any affect on either the guilty verdict or the natural life sentence.

I am not sure how things work in Arizona (seems much is different there than in the legal system of other jurisdictions) but I am for now convinced that a new trial will not be ordered unless something is raised on appeal that could be seen as a possible game changer, i.e., different verdict.

IMO.

It seems as though a successful appeal could be launched in almost every important court case if the standard is: when seen in a different context a piece of information takes on a different meaning. They couldn't all be appealable, surely?

I can see that part of the problem here is that Jodi was purposely manipulating contexts and meaning. How is anyone, like a prosecutor, supposed to retrieve the real event from her pile of cr*p with a 100% success rate?

Furthermore, I don't think one piece of evidence in JM's case is the lynchpin for the conviction.

If TA and his pals developed a scathingly brilliant scheme to stage a several-day assignation with a mystery lover, why is there no witness?

Since I'm torturing myself with the sex tape I'll clear up the confusion I've created when (sigh) I get to that part of the tape.

I remembered last night though that I got it wrong about it being a song about becoming enemies, etc. She was referring to the plot of a Spiderman movie....then came the songs..

Okay Hope, I read onwards and realized there was some variance.. in the meantime... :therethere:. And JA on the brain before one goes to rest, had that* happen a few times. *shudder

If TA and his pals developed a scathingly brilliant scheme to stage a several-day assignation with a mystery lover, why is there no witness?

I don't know how brilliant his idea was, if that's in fact what happened. But the fact no witness testified about it or went on Nancy Grace doesn't mean it didn't happen, just means maybe TA's accomplice didn't want to be known and JM didn't think it necessary to go into that May 13 exchange.

And there it is. They're talking about movies and she brings up Spiderman and how TA made fun of her for liking it ("I just thought- how insensitive of you").

She says she liked it because- "I saw it as a love story. It was about best friends who became enemies but finally understand why they hated each other and that it was unnecessary, but it was too late because then he died."

(Around 57:00 in YouTube . day 17. Part one. Disneymom69).

The end part of sex tape is surprisingly painful, for more than one reason, including how much they talk past each other without connecting.

He sings a phrase from Trucking (Grateful Dead)
She asks- what are you singing?
T- you've never heard of that song?
J- no, hon.
T- everyone has heard of Trucking.
J- you're so cute right now...
T interrupts- no seriously, everyone has heard of that sing..
J- Not Jodi.

She says..that's what you do. You bring up a song I've never before and you say WHAT?? You haven't? Travis says, well like Grateful Dead is one of the most famous bands ever....

They drop it.

She says...I'm really nervous about singing the National Anthem.
Travis starts singing it, but he's mocking it all the way through.

She is silent.

She sings a few lines, seriously, he ignores her and keeps mocking, until he gets to "the flag was made with real hair."

She says pretty emphatically, without her fake giggling:

"Never again, my friend. That's an important song."

I wondered this, too, but realized this "plot" wasn't brought up in the trials. Why would anyone publicly admit to this unless they had to?

I'm wondering why we haven't heard from a LOT of people. People wanting their 15 minutes of fame via Travis or JA. Or people who sincerely want to clear up things and set the record straight. Is it not allowed while a trial/appeal are happening?

Anyway. Clues from tape about when it's made:

1. After she left Mesa.
2. After he knows he's going to Cancun.
3. After she has brought up idea of tying to a tree, etc.
4. After he has already seen the movie "Ironman."
5. After Travis has made plans to go to San Francisco
6. After Travis has spoken with peeps/ friends about going to Argentina. One of those folks being Danny Jones.
7. After Danny Jones has posted a pic of himself on FB scratching his crotch.
8. After Travis might have spoken to friends about visiting them in Washington State.

Travel plans portion of tape is obviously spliced, multiple times. In first minute of tape TA says he'll be super busy from the beginning of June through beginning of July..

She says me too, and might go to Utah at end of the month.

(Spliced bigtime right here, and clumsily). @7:40 in YouTube

JA:....so June, you're going to Cancun and coming here..(no response).

Conversation veers off or is edited, different topics until 17:04 on YouTube, minute 11:35 on the sex tape.

Travis says....I'm really intrigued by that whole little forest...
She supplies- adventure.
He mumbles, yah...

Another obvious splicing and a missed first part of a sentence-

JA......coming here before Cancun?
TA- that's the plan..
JA- so what's yr itinerary?
TA- going to do all that stuff
JA- SF or is that for another time, then you'll see me, we'll do the Oregon Coast, Crater Lake, Shakespeare.
(Big fake yawn)
JA- you'll go up to see friends in Washington...
TA- not all that. You're at the top of my list.
JA- so you'll still drive back
TA- yah. I'll fly to Seattle, see my friends, go to British Columbia...

Moves to....TA- I'm going to DC, might go to Argentina...

She actually did a really horrible job of splicing recordings. Maybe because she was feeling a wee bit angry after May 13.

And there it is. They're talking about movies and she brings up Spiderman and how TA made fun of her for liking it ("I just thought- how insensitive of you").

She says she liked it because- "I saw it as a love story. It was about best friends who became enemies but finally understand why they hated each other and that it was unnecessary, but it was too late because then he died."

(Around 57:00 in YouTube . day 17. Part one. Disneymom69).

Oohhh...sick

I wondered this, too, but realized this "plot" wasn't brought up in the trials. Why would anyone publicly admit to this unless they had to?

I'm wondering why we haven't heard from a LOT of people. People wanting their 15 minutes of fame via Travis or JA. Or people who sincerely want to clear up things and set the record straight. Is it not allowed while a trial/appeal are happening?

But I would think someone would come forward in defense of Travis that this was schemed on purpose to get rid of Jodi... And that LE would have found such a person. TA also must have had help from other women friends to pull off the scheme? One of them might actually have played the mystery woman? It might have been her idea?

Travis was surrounded by bright young woman.....easy to pull this off.

I suppose it's also telling that the DT did not bring this up, although it might have supported their stupid concept that TA was doing it with a lot of women and this meant he was abusive with Jodi and women in general.

I've been reading through the texts from January 1st through the end of May, just trying to get a sense of what was going on with Travis, I guess. One thing that never struck me before: in early April, after Jodi finally gets on the road to Yreka, she calls him to confess some of the things she did. That she would sneak into his house and sleep there, sneaking out before he woke up. That she drove by his house almost every night. That she had a spy, the "mythical Michelle" in his ward who was reporting his actions back to her. And so on.

I realise that some or all of these things may be just more lies from Jodi, but . . . . Why would she confess these things to him now? Why confess to him at all?

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

I'm sorry. I'm still kinda laughing /shocked /wtf at Ms Arias's Einstein like "interpretation " of Spiderman. I can see why Travis called her weird.

FYI if no one remembers the movie (at that time only the Tobey McGuire one was out)- Spiderman (Peter Parker) was BFF with James Franco's character, but JF's character's dad was the villain. Spiderman killed the villain, as often happens in superhero movies. JF's character begins to hate Spidey, but doesn't know that A.) His dad was the villain B.) His bestie is Spiderman. So dude begins to hate Spiderman. Oh and he's hooked up with Mary Jane, the girl Spiderman loves. So, yeah. Jodi's comments on Spiderman make no sense. Was she pulling a Netflix and chill on that one? (See urban dictionary )

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

watch

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kCDPlU6ioZU

I'm sorry. I'm still kinda laughing /shocked /wtf at Ms Arias's Einstein like "interpretation " of Spiderman. I can see why Travis called her weird.

FYI if no one remembers the movie (at that time only the Tobey McGuire one was out)- Spiderman (Peter Parker) was BFF with James Franco's character, but JF's character's dad was the villain. Spiderman killed the villain, as often happens in superhero movies. JF's character begins to hate Spidey, but doesn't know that A.) His dad was the villain B.) His bestie is Spiderman. So dude begins to hate Spiderman. Oh and he's hooked up with Mary Jane, the girl Spiderman loves. So, yeah. Jodi's comments on Spiderman make no sense. Was she pulling a Netflix and chill on that one? (See urban dictionary )

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

How the heck did she see a love story in that? Or she didn't. Maybe she said that as a warning, with impunity, because she knew TA wasn't listening anyway.

And..Neflix and chill. :O

WS can be so very educational. :D

I've been reading through the texts from January 1st through the end of May, just trying to get a sense of what was going on with Travis, I guess. One thing that never struck me before: in early April, after Jodi finally gets on the road to Yreka, she calls him to confess some of the things she did. That she would sneak into his house and sleep there, sneaking out before he woke up. That she drove by his house almost every night. That she had a spy, the "mythical Michelle" in his ward who was reporting his actions back to her. And so on.

I realise that some or all of these things may be just more lies from Jodi, but . . . . Why would she confess these things to him now? Why confess to him at all?

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

Because TA found out she'd lied about spy Michelle and told her if she didn't tell him the truth, ASAP, he would out her as a sick wacko to everyone who mattered to her.

She confessed half way and with lies, her speciality, in order to stave off his finding out the whole truth.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nursestump
Back