MN MN - Joshua Guimond, 20, Collegeville, 9 Nov 2002

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are forgetting that on the first day of the search, a bloodhound detected Josh’s scent down the highlighted path on the picture attached. The scent path ended right on that roadway and the handler stated “Josh either fell in the water, or was picked up in a vehicle here”. LE went with the water theory. We even have an eyewitness who last saw Josh walk by on this same pathway (where the red dot is) right before midnight.

I see now where the dog thinks he fell in. If he fell in there his body most likely was pushed through the drain bemeath the road, and with the current continuing to lift him up, his body probably settled somewhere in east gemini lake. The other theory is he was abducted on the road here.

I see now where the dog thinks he fell in. If he fell in there his body most likely was pushed through the drain bemeath the road, and with the current continuing to lift him up, his body probably settled somewhere in east gemini lake. The other theory is he was abducted on the road here.

When you go, look on that bridge and see how unlikely it is to stumble and fall into Stumpf Lake from there- because that’s what SCSO still believes.

When you go, look on that bridge and see how unlikely it is to stumble and fall into Stumpf Lake from there- because that’s what SCSO still believes.

I've already been there for videos and pics three times. there is a five foot straight cliff right near that drain.

You seem to have a lasting qualm with LE like I have never seen before. Are you some kind of heroine? With you in charge everything would have been done right and finished immediately? Everybody here are just human beings, and LE for the most part wants to solve these cases as quickly and efficiently as you do. Most of the time I see them do things we could never do, so what real help are we? Your war with the system is going nowhere.

I do take offense to the level of service Stearns County residents have received from the SCSO over the last 40 years. It offends me that not only do families wait 20, 30, or 40 years to possibly get answers as to what happened to their missing/murdered loved ones, if they ever do. Then they double down on offending me by citizens and LE outside the county to come in and literally point out the evidence they've had in their hands from almost day one! Heroine?!?! Well, first off, I'm a male... so, no, obviously I am not. Secondly, I'm a resident of Stearns County sickened by the thought of the years Brian and Lisa have been without answers. And outright pissed off about the pathetic excuses they were told as to SCSO theories of what happened to their son. I mean really... mythical sand that does not exist, followed up with man eating turtles that awake, rise up from the mud during their winter slumber to devour a complete human being.... bones.... skull.... clothes.... I wouldn't handle someone insulting my son's intelligence, and thinking I'll be ok with those lines as well as Brian Guimond did.

So what real help are we? That depends. If ones willing to read, research, distinguish fact from fiction to the best of their ability, then brainstorm their findings, with the findings of others here, I believe real progress can certainly be achieved.
What hinders it is flat out off the wall speculation back by zero "0" evidence of any kind.
.... just like this photo....

Attachments

• Defamatory comment.png
    Defamatory comment.png
    155.5 KB · Views: 14
There will be a new Stearns County Sheriff in a few weeks. Here's hoping he will take a renewed interest in this case!

FWIW, the candidates are Steve Soyka, who's been with the SCSO for over 20 years (and has been involved in this case), and Dave Bentrud, current police chief of Waite Park. Bentrud has stated he wants to create an exchange program with different agencies to take a look at cold cases.

How Stearns sheriff candidates hope to build trust after Wetterling investigation

I was hoping for new blood, and new ideas. Didn't get that option. One thing I know for a fact is the county attorney JK is a MAJOR problem for Stearns County. I have a depo video of her that will make your jaws hit the floor. It's actually embarrassing that Stearns voters put her in office. She couldn't answer some of the most basic questions. She has no clue what inculpotory and exculpatory evidence is...both of which are required to be included in a search warrant affidavit so the judge can make a determination based on ALL evidence. That's one example... many more. But anyway her and Bentrud are joined at the hip. If he supports her and the work she does.... NOOO WAY! I will get that video online when I can, because it's sincerely that disturbing she's the chief prosecutor.

This is neither here nor there, but I wondered if anyone here had seen this "report" - Memo From Ramsey County Medical Examiner on Josh Guimond 2003

Yes sir I've got a copy of it as well. Remember seeing it on a internet search I was doing a while back. Seeing Medical Examiner, and Josh Guimond in the same article stopped me dead in my tracks. The "why" would those 2 entities be together part didn't really make sense.... until I read it.

You are forgetting that on the first day of the search, a bloodhound detected Josh’s scent down the highlighted path on the picture attached. The scent path ended right on that roadway and the handler stated “Josh either fell in the water, or was picked up in a vehicle here”. LE went with the water theory. We even have an eyewitness who last saw Josh walk by on this same pathway (where the red dot is) right before midnight.

I might sound like a broken record, but don't trust those dogs. I can show you case, after case, after case... those dogs always go to the water, then proceed to wonder aimlessly. I have the docs on this, I'll dig it you insist but I swear, those dogs are not doing there jobs. Bloodhounds... must of been the rejects of the litter!

I might sound like a broken record, but don't trust those dogs. I can show you case, after case, after case... those dogs always go to the water, then proceed to wonder aimlessly. I have the docs on this, I'll dig it you insist but I swear, those dogs are not doing there jobs. Bloodhounds... must of been the rejects of the litter!

Normally, I would back you up 100%. But, we do have an eyewitness to collaborate, and this search was conducted the day after Josh went missing. I highly disregard any findings made by Penny Bell’s bloodhound months later.

I was hoping for new blood, and new ideas. Didn't get that option. One thing I know for a fact is the county attorney JK is a MAJOR problem for Stearns County. I have a depo video of her that will make your jaws hit the floor. It's actually embarrassing that Stearns voters put her in office. She couldn't answer some of the most basic questions. She has no clue what inculpotory and exculpatory evidence is...both of which are required to be included in a search warrant affidavit so the judge can make a determination based on ALL evidence. That's one example... many more. But anyway her and Bentrud are joined at the hip. If he supports her and the work she does.... NOOO WAY! I will get that video online when I can, because it's sincerely that disturbing she's the chief prosecutor.

JK is so cold and callous that when Sanner called her to say "We've got Jacob, I'm holding his sweatshirt right now" She replied "What Color Is It"

They could never believe it was even possible to find Jacob. We put him in their lap.

Then you would know that there is so much brush between that stone wall and the water that makes it implausible for anyone to fall into the water...

I wouldn't be too concerned about that. If a guy wants to go 10 feet off the road to pee in a pond he'll get there.

I do believe more transparency between the public and LE will solve this case. We have to hear it from them and they have to hear it from us. I'm calling on LE to concede their investigation on this case and to send in an agent to work on this board with us.

Last edited:
I once spoke with a gentleman who is very experienced in these kinds of cases, and he mentioned to me the possibility that the perp may have placed Josh's scent at the lake to throw off the searchers. It may seem far fetched, but if we're talking about a bonafide psychopath, which I think we are, nothing is impossible.

I sometimes think about the many years of blood, sweat and tears people have given in the pursuit of answers about what happened to Jacob and Joshua. Even more, I think about the huge toll Jacob's disappearance took on his family, friends and community. To think that the sheriff's dept. and possibly the FBI should have been able to identify the perpetrator fairly quickly is devastating. I am guilty of analyzing someone (not Mr. Rassier), and really thinking that person was possibly involved in Jacob's disappearance. When I finally understood the truth about how Jacob's case was handled, I couldn't even bring myself to be here. I was already upset about the insensitive way the Guimond family was treated. How can one have faith in a department that has no credibility? I've always believed that both cases would be solved via outside sources looking from the outside in. Pity party over.

Normally, I would back you up 100%. But, we do have an eyewitness to collaborate, and this search was conducted the day after Josh went missing. I highly disregard any findings made by Penny Bell’s bloodhound months later.

I apologize I must have missed something. An eyewitness to collaborate what?

The thing with the dog leading searchers right down to the shoreline of stumps lake is amazing because you are telling me you need a chainsaw to get through all of the brush. Therefore the dog was able to follow a very good trail with scent all over the brush and weeds.

so we have someone who sees josh walking along on the sidewalk and right before that bridge is the last time he has ever been seen. A dog trails the scent from there to the shoreline of stumps lake.

Looking from above via satellite imagery I’m going to tell you Josh in fact did not make it past the bridge. He was grabbed there or that is where he fell into the lake. Why? Because there is two active parking lots on the other side of this bridge with more witnesses. Nothing places Josh any further than he was last seen.

On April 28, 2003 — five months after Josh’s disappearance — the Stearns County Sheriff’s Department released information that it “received a call from an individual stating that they were driving off campus, just after midnight, on the night Joshua Guimond disappeared and that they saw someone jogging towards campus on County Road 159 wearing bright colored jogging clothing.”

since we now know that there is no way in hell this is Dan Rasssier, who SCSO was trying to connect to Jacob and Josh, could this have been a credibly accused monk?

Last edited:
On April 28, 2003 — five months after Josh’s disappearance — the Stearns County Sheriff’s Department released information that it “received a call from an individual stating that they were driving off campus, just after midnight, on the night Joshua Guimond disappeared and that they saw someone jogging towards campus on County Road 159 wearing bright colored jogging clothing.”

since we now know that there is no way in hell this is Dan Rasssier, who SCSO was trying to connect to Jacob and Josh, could this have been a credibly accused monk?

How do we know there is no way in hell that this is Dan Rassier? For the record, I believe that Dan Rassier is completely innocent, and not involved in anyone's disappearance whatsoever. That being said...

Dan Rassier was employed at the time by St. John's university since 1997 as an adjunct music professor and an avid marathon runner. He would have a good enough reason as anyone to be on a 7 mile run from his house to workplace.

I just want to know how you came to the conclusion that "there is no way in hell this is Dan Rassier".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momoxbunny