FL FL - Trenton Duckett, 2, Leesburg, 27 Aug 2006

RIP Just Curious & theDoe, I remember them quite well. I was there the whole way with Sticks of Fire, uSleuths, Websleuths. I posted as nvr on all the other sites but signed up here as Ivan's Phoenix when Ivan Cano went missing in Louisville Kentucky praying he would be found alive. Eventually determined he had been murdered by Cecil New.

So sorry mtp to hear about our fellow posters.

God bless you all,
Ivan's Phoenix - nvr

And Trenton may you be found alive, well and happy someday. As I do believe you are out there. You still have a lot if folks praying for you!

bumping

I came across this case over the weekend while sick with the flu. I am hoping there will someday be justice for this beautiful child.

@@screenshot.gif

https://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap/trenton-john-duckett

I'm just thinking of Trenton. I can't believe how many years have gone by. I was reading the blog posted somewhere above. I followed this case, from day one but for the life of me I can't remember the back story involved with Social services and well all of it. I will need to start over. I was thinking about how she was seen stopping for food with Trenton.

I followed his case daily but that was before I was on WS. Blessed little boy :(

I also followed the Trenton Duckett case...I "think" because Melinda & Josh (I think) had custody/domestic issues Social Services became involved. I truly believe that Trenton is alive & well & being raised in the same area by Josh & his family. Melinda was deemed an outsider early on & never stood a chance against the Ducketts that were very well rooted there. So sad.....I always felt so bad for Melinda :(

I think poor Trenton was murdered by his mother, just my opinion. I would love for him to be alive. Josh doesn't have him, I saw real grief when Trenton went missing.

I think there's a possibility that someone else on Josh's side may have taken him & even Josh didn't know at that point. That area of Florida is VERY tight knit & his mom had a lot of "pull" so to speak.....IMO Melinda loved him too much to do anything to him. So many unanswered questions.
I had to back off after Trenton...Haleigh Cummings...Jessica Lund(?) and Carlie in Sarasota. Just got too emotionally involved & my job at the time gave me most of the day to follow on the computer once my office work was done for the day & I was just there to answer the phones. I also worked in Sarasota when Carlie's body was found....she was the one where the abduction was caught on surveillance video from a car wash.....all so senseless :(

I think there's a possibility that someone else on Josh's side may have taken him & even Josh didn't know at that point. That area of Florida is VERY tight knit & his mom had a lot of "pull" so to speak.....IMO Melinda loved him too much to do anything to him. So many unanswered questions.
I had to back off after Trenton...Haleigh Cummings...Jessica Lund(?) and Carlie in Sarasota. Just got too emotionally involved & my job at the time gave me most of the day to follow on the computer once my office work was done for the day & I was just there to answer the phones. I also worked in Sarasota when Carlie's body was found....she was the one where the abduction was caught on surveillance video from a car wash.....all so senseless :(

If that were true I'm sure they would have told josh by now. Wouldn't make any sense to keep it a secret...no logical motive to do it. Melinda's actions are quite telling imo

I don't believe he is alive today.

What makes you think he is no longer alive? I've seen other instances where you stated that you believed that Trenton was abducted through his window by Josh's mom's boyfriend and that he was handed off to an associate of theirs and was hidden while they reaped the "benefits" of Team Trenton. I'm sorry but I don't believe this is true and I do think you hold delusional views, with all due respect. You also stated in the past that I've seen on a forum that you believe whoever "had" Trenton, that they feared prosecution and that's why they haven't stepped forward but you thought nonetheless that the kid was alive and would eventually be found if police started looking in "the right places". Fast forward to now and you believe he is dead. What made you come to this conclusion, MTP?

I honestly believe the Ducketts had no involvement with this and I read your blog and you even stated that you had no direct involvement with Melinda Duckett but was moved to cover the case because you related to having a grandson that was the same age as Trenton and that you were in Florida at the time of his disappearance. That being said, it's almost implying that you had no idea who Melinda was personally or the Ducketts, yet you played detective and faithfully believed every side of Melinda's story. I've seen multiple accounts of people who said they knew Melinda and they said she was not the most stable person and was actually very rude and hateful when she didn't get her way, yet you believe that she's innocent and even go as far as to believe James Duckett is innocent when his dna was found on the girl and her hand prints on the hood of his car?!

Please think on this, MTP; If Melinda was entirely innocent and would never hurt Trenton, how come when she committed suicide, he has never been found? Since day 1, the police had labeled Melinda a POI and even said they could have arrested her just four days after Melinda reported Trenton missing but were extremely considerate in hopes she would lead them to Trenton and instead she refused to answer important questions and killed herself, taking the secrets she knew with her. The Ducketts do not have any involvement because why would they keep him under the radar for so long and continue the "missing child" act if they had him? You're telling me that they got Trenton somewhere and hold vigils for him every anniversary mark if they knew where he was? THERE'S NO SIGN OF HIM ANYWHERE, and the only person who could really tell anything substantial is dead because bottom line, Trenton went missing under her care! You have some issues with the Ducketts it seems to be this faithful and biased but it's not helping find Trenton. I believe Melinda had something to do with Trenton being gone and killed herself imo because whatever she was hiding had gotten to her. Everyone saying that they believe Melinda would have never harmed Trenton are family members and close friends of hers but the truth is in the pudding and it's natural for them to have biased beliefs towards Melinda. Trenton is still missing nearly 13 later and I also believe he is dead but unlike you, I believe Melinda was involved somehow. We'll never know because of her suicide.

In case some of you are unaware, Trenton Duckett was a 2 year old toddler that went missing august 27, 2006 when his mother, Melinda Duckett reported him gone from their apartment in Leesburg, Florida. Since the beginning, Florida police labeled Melinda as the prime suspect in his disappearance and just a little over a week of intense questioning including an appearance on Nancy Grace, she committed suicide in her grandparents' home. I've read a lot about the case and have too much to say about why I personally think Melinda was guilty but if I were to write my explanations for thinking so, no one would bother reading a novel :p but seriously, the kid still to this day has not been found and there have been no trace of him. I would like to believe the kid is alive and some day, may come out of the shadows like some lucky missing persons do and reveal themselves to be alive but I don't think it's likely in this case. Melinda had a bad history with mental illness and abuse reports from her ex husband, Josh Duckett that included a nasty custody battle including an alleged threatening Myspace message that supposedly came from Josh but as police investigated it, they found it came from Melinda's computer and saw where she had hacked Josh's account to falsely accuse Josh of harming her and Trenton.

My theory though is that Trenton must have accidentally died through her means and she was afraid of prosecution so she got rid of her son somehow and staged an abduction to make it look like he went missing and possibly clear her name of his disappearance but failed doing so when she couldn't answer law enforcement or the media's questioning and eventually the guilt consumed her and later committed suicide. A chilling thing that I read was a statement her lawyer made that said Melinda's stories did not match her records that placed her whereabouts at a certain time. Her lawyer also said that Melinda admitted to her that the day before she reported Trenton missing, Melinda had said she had took Trenton with her to a shooting range at the Ocala National Forest and was supposedly driving around the forest "lost" for 8 hours straight before finding her way back home and witnesses recall not seeing Trenton when she returned to her apartment. Authorities had searched some areas since that claim but found nothing, however that forest is massive and I believe that they just gave up on this kid :(

I think what most likely happened is that Melinda accidentally killed Trenton when she went shooting at the ONF and then drove that whole time in a panic searching for a place to hide his body and did so, and then came home without him and then later staged the abduction and it backfired. Melinda invited two friends to watch a 2 hour movie in her apartment the night she called police and both were questioned and said they never heard a peep or sound of the baby, so that makes me think Trenton was never there in the first place. Like she had already disposed of him and that whole thing to set up the abduction was to take place that night. Your thoughts? Also I may add that FL law enforcement ruled out the possibility that Melinda gave him away or a stranger took him, and seeing as he went missing under her watch leaves no other explanation other than her involvement in it. They also found evidence that suggested Trenton could have went missing up to 2 days before Melinda reported him missing :oops:

Definitely, I hope he is found and preferably safe and sound. I pray for his safe return if he indeed is alive <3 He was a precious boy
I'm only just learning about him from your post,its so sad,I'm learning a lot on here slowly,and the more I'm reading about Trenton,my gut feeling is his Mom done something to him and buried him in that forest.. :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aaarqueiro
Back