Rebecca Zahau Wrongful Death/ADAM SHACKNAI FOUND RESPONSIBLE #6

1) Dollar amount was not relevant to Zahau's. They've known from the beginning that a judgement is only paper.

2) Since AS could continue his fight to appeal his verdict in as many Superior courts as would have him, the Zahaus could be left bleeding their own time and money in legal costs for years.

3) The settlement was confidential, and therefore no idea how much was paid. Suffice to say it was very nominal amount. A pittance.

4) Insurer for AS had incentive to stop AS from continued appeals --his legal team charges for do-overs.

5) Insurer was obligated to defend their presumed innocent policy holder-- which they did, once. However, Insurer typically has no obligation to pay a GUILTY policy holder's penalty or damages.

MOO

All very true.

JMO

To be clear... The verdict STANDS. The verdict has not changed. All that has happened is rather than team Adam appealing the MONEY AMOUNT AWARDED both sides agreed to settle.

Nothing will ever change about the verdict unless the verdict itself is somehow over-turned which it won't be.

Keith Greer, the Zahau family attorney is going to be my guest on Monday. I will record the show and then upload it as soon as we are finished.

If you have any questions for Keith please put them here.

Thanks,
Tricia

I would like to know about costs if he's allowed to talk about that. I would like to know if Mr Greer was able to recoup the costs of trial and the experts they had retained. It would be nice to know that they are all now recompensed, in addition to the amount of the monetary settlement for Rebecca's mother. Mary and her husband had had to sell his truck I believe and the fundraiser was made very difficult in my opinion with the biased reporting coming out of San Diego.

I understand that the family & Mr. Greer now have access to the autopsy report & crime scene/evidence reports. Does Mr. Greer expect any further review or investigation?

Thanks, Launghing

If she wanted to commit suicide she could have put the noose around her neck, climbed over the railing and jumped down. WHY tie your hands behind your back????? THAT is the part I don't get, so she wouldn't change her mind and stop herself? I can't remember was there a stool next to the railing for her to get over it?

To be clear... The verdict STANDS. The verdict has not changed. All that has happened is rather than team Adam appealing the MONEY AMOUNT AWARDED both sides agreed to settle.

Nothing will ever change about the verdict unless the verdict itself is somehow over-turned which it won't be.

Keith Greer, the Zahau family attorney is going to be my guest on Monday. I will record the show and then upload it as soon as we are finished.

Thanks,
Tricia

Thank you, Tricia! Look forward to listening to the podcast. I heard a few things on Mr. Greer's radio interview recently, but hope he can discuss some of the new exhibits, etc. they've been able to put together to show the initial investigation into Rebecca's death was flawed and the suicide determination incorrect.

Thanks!

If she wanted to commit suicide she could have put the noose around her neck, climbed over the railing and jumped down. WHY tie your hands behind your back????? THAT is the part I don't get, so she wouldn't change her mind and stop herself? I can't remember was there a stool next to the railing for her to get over it?

There wasn't a stool. Her feet were also bound together at the ankles. She also had a gag in her mouth. No, it doesn't make sense to call it a suicide.

There wasn't a stool. Her feet were also bound together at the ankles. She also had a gag in her mouth. No, it doesn't make sense to call it a suicide.
How high was the railing?

Thanks,
Tricia
Reportedly, KG was able to do an enactment using the actual bed iron bed from the bedroom. How did KG get access to the bed, and what were the results?

Thanks Tricia! Looking forward to interview. :)

Reportedly, KG was able to do an enactment using the actual bed iron bed from the bedroom. How did KG get access to the bed, and what were the results?

Thanks Tricia! Looking forward to interview. :)

@cynic -
I'm most touched that Mr. Greer personally came to my defense tonight during your podcast, and confirmed the validity of both my post and question I submitted! I'm looking forward to the possible televised answer that he alluded to.

Also - a shout out to the member that provided KG with
calcs showing why AS did not need a table to cut RZ down-- you were correct!

Cheers! :)

I would like to know about costs if he's allowed to talk about that. I would like to know if Mr Greer was able to recoup the costs of trial and the experts they had retained. It would be nice to know that they are all now recompensed, in addition to the amount of the monetary settlement for Rebecca's mother. Mary and her husband had had to sell his truck I believe and the fundraiser was made very difficult in my opinion with the biased reporting coming out of San Diego.
I'll see if I can find out some specifics, but my understanding is that the money will be used to cover all accumulated expenses as well as costs moving forward with litigation outlined by Keith Greer.

@cynic -
I'm most touched that Mr. Greer personally came to my defense tonight during your podcast, and confirmed the validity of both my post and question I submitted! I'm looking forward to the possible televised answer that he alluded to.

Also - a shout out to the member that provided KG with
calcs showing why AS did not need a table to cut RZ down-- you were correct!

Cheers! :)
The first thing I said to Tricia at the conclusion of the interview was, “I never cease to be impressed with what a great guy Keith is.
He’s consistently been very generous with his time and the detailed explanation of how he came into possession of the bed was a good example.
I thought there would be no way the bed would be allowed to fall into “enemy hands,” so to speak, but I’m glad it did and very much look forward to the upcoming show alluded to by Keith.
And, Seattle1, you could have mentioned in your post, "I told you so." :)

The overall balcony height is 38”. The floor structure is two inches high meaning that the distance from the top of the floor to the top rail is 36”.
So then when she was all tied up she would have somehow tipped herself over this railing. Is this what SD investigators think?

So then when she was all tied up she would have somehow tipped herself over this railing. Is this what SD investigators think?

Yes, that's their theory, but evidence doesn't support it. Among other problematic evidence, there was a very small amount of dust disturbed on the railing where she allegedly wriggled her way over. It was just a few inches of dust disturbance. Here's a whole thread on that topic, with a lot of analysis, photos, etc, much of it from our own WS expert Cynic!

The footprints/shoeprints on the balcony

Other factors include two separate sets of ligature marks on RZ's neck, indicating she was strangled by someone standing behind her before being hung from the balcony. More illustrations from cynic

Rebecca's Autopsy

Hi! Is there any update here?

There's a lot going on, probably starting in the next few months.

Go to Tricia's post above and listen to her latest podcast with Cynic and Zahau family Atty Keith Greer. That pretty much gives a good review and a little timeline about next steps.

Other things Mr. Greer referenced: if you haven't checked out the press conference in December by San Diego Sheriff Bill Gore. It's a lot of hoo ha, but it covers his rationale for maintaining that RZ's death was a suicide.

San Diego County Sheriff's Department

Also suggest you check out Keith Greer's radio interview from several weeks ago. He gives a good update on the settlement, the evidence he's been compiling to use to appeal to the San Diego ME to change the official cause of RZ's death to murder. In the podcast interview with Tricia, he goes into some of his strategy for challenging the current COD for RZ.

ETA: He also mentioned some details in Judge Bacal's ruling Link to post w/ link to ruling below

Link to Greer's recent radio interview, lots of good info here:

Zahau family attorney: “I anticipate Adam Shacknai will end up behind bars”

They did one with Adam that was quite interesting, so we should probably listen to that one, too. Link is back a few pages.

I hope he doesn't mind, but I'm going to call him (Greer) Keith. It's easier. In the podcast, he mentions going back to review again the many posts here in this sub discussing theories about how the murder took place and debunking some claims and evidence. It's all needed to help build the case for change in the COD ruling, etc. Keith says even now, they're talking to people who were friends, etc. of the Shacknais and others and are discovering more information we didn't have before. More connections that may be made. He's right, there are many aspects of this case, crime scene, etc. that never made sense, so its time to review and share theories again, reopen discussion.

Cynic, should we reach out and PM some of our old participants? I'll try to set aside some time to go back and review some stuff.

JMO, I think there's a lot that can be learned from this case when it comes to understanding how sometimes LE does the wrong thing and how they go about managing that.

ETA: My only big delay in helping out here is that I've been following the Rhoden Family Massacre case for the last 3 yrs. Very complicated with 8 murder victims, 4 crime scenes, 4 killers, 2 accomplices (all from the same family, all being tried separately), 12 defense attorneys and prosecutors & LE that are even more secretive than in the Zahau case. It's all in pre-trial hearings right now and we can't even get access to any of the most basic court docs. o_O:eek:

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Loveland
Back