Separating FACT from fiction

And people's theories keep adding more things to the perp's to do list (cover urine stain with paint tote so as to know where to clean; cut lengths of cord - fibers from cutting were found on second floor; make garrote; apply duct tape after death; wait 45-120 minutes between bashing head and strangulation - allows plenty of time for note writing, right?)

Locate object for the head injury (find the flashlight?)

I've always wondered why some of JBR's trophies were in disarray and whether one could have been used as a weapon (don't know how sturdy they might be).

Anyway, really appreciate your to do list, @Rain on my Parade

I don’t recall ever reading the cord fiber cuttings were found on the second floor; would you help me?

The duct tape was a strange thing to add. I have read that BR knife was used to cut the tape and that PR had bought tape that matched in comparison at the hardware store.

The trophies are an interesting aspect as a weapon. Trophies are heavy enough to cause JB head injury, IMO. Two were in JB bedroom, one overturned.

Indeed. And you are most welcome!
Also they were able to:
  • write a three page ransom note with PR note pad and pen and put them back where they belonged
  • feed JB fruit cocktail (pineapple from walk in)
  • dress JB in her cousin’s (Christmas present) size 12 bloomies
  • find BR knife in the 2nd floor laundry room cabinet
  • get JR shirt to wipe the blood from JB privates
  • get PR jacket fibers in the paint tray, garrote, blanket and duct tape
  • wrap JB in her blanket from the basement dryer (per LHP) papoose style
  • deposit JB bloody Barbie nightgown containing touch dna from PR and BR
  • all without the families knowledge in the house that night.
  • Leave no trace evidence of a intruder.
Yet, the perp was all 4 levels of that house that night.
Let’s not forget they forgot to take the body for ransom.
That’s a bit much!

Very succinct and well crafted argument.

I have just finished this entire thread and I think it’s important to clarify something that was discussed very early in the thread: The Polygraphs.

Typically, people who take polygraphs or those who agree to take polygraphs don’t normally make it a pre-requisite to have their own personal polygraphs completed on their own dime. Sure, it happens, but it’s pretty rare. Having said that, there was discussion of PR taking an initial polygraph at one point, the results of which were “inconclusive.”

“Inconclusive” as it pertains to polygraph results is a technical term; not a general term. In order to show a “pass” or “fail” on a polygraph exam, the examiner would need to show that the subject met a points-based threshold either on the “Deceptive” side or the “No Deception” side. I’m not going to discuss what the current threshold is, but it’s not unusual to have someone show deception on a polygraph exam, yet not have enough points to meet the threshold of failure for being “Deceptive”. The same is true on the “No Deception” side of that coin. If the threshold is not met, then you can’t say that they passed or failed and it is deemed “inconclusive.”

I say all of that to say this: If PR & JR went through the trouble of hiring their own polygraph examiner, then they probably had input on how the questions would be worded. If they did all of that and still ended up with an inconclusive result, that is a MAJOR indicator of guilt. I couldn’t say one way or the other if that guilt would be a murderer’s guilt or the guilt of a parent who lost a child, but it’s a strong indicator that something is amiss.

Polygraphs are junk. I have taken one, and told the absolute truth. And was told that I "flunked" the polygraph.

Ever since then, I consider polygraph testing to be a bunch of psychological BS. They just set a person up, to force a confession.

I know this, from my own personal experience, which was akin to being in the "Twilight Zone". When you tell the absolute truth, and people keep telling you that they know that you are lying.

I didn't bother to get a lawyer, in my situation, because I told the truth, and no amount of questioning would have bullied me into anything else.

Hi all.. Why is there not more discussion of the 911 call? Not the 'enhanced' one, just the regular one, the ramsey911-ffg.mp3 or somesuch...?
There IS a conversation there. At 01:19 in the call, just after the 911 operator queries Patsy? for the fourth time, the conversation is, to my ears, this:

Patsy? Patsy? Patsy? Pastsy? <=== this is the 911 operator
Bay-bee, what did you find, what did you do? <==== this is Patsy
I'm sorry. <====this is the voice of a young boy

It is before the part of the call where the phone was supposedly 'hung up'...load the file up in Audacity, you can see the supposed extra part of the call, but this runs from 01:19 to around 01:26 in the call. I don't hear the voice of John here, no "we're not talking to you" anywhere in this copy of the call.

It doesn't completely jive with what was reported to be in the 'enhanced' call. I've said this for years.
The most it proves is that a young boy was there during the call, so it proves the Ramseys lied, unless there was another young boy present during the 911 call. In my opinion.

What do you guys think? I used to post over at Topix, but they removed those boards..?

listen over and over again from 0115 in the call, just to get the FOUR queries by the operator in there..
then immediately after the fourth "Patsy?" this conversation happens.
no "help me jesus" no "we're not talking to you" no John, just the 911 operator, Patsy, and some young boy??

i did no processing of the file.. get it from the acandyrose site, and listen to it again for yourself.
i used audacity, it's free..

it amazes me when people say there is nothing there. it's there...
proof of anything? dunno, if it's real, it proves THEY lied.

the file i listened to has been up there a long time, i hear it in all the others i've come across
the thing is the conversation is not at the end of the call.. it's like Patsy just walked away from the phone
she is having a conversation with a young male
it sounds like Patsy's voice. it sounds like an emotionally exhausted "Bay-bee. what did you find, what did you do?" in a drained tone.. followed by a young male voice saying "I'm sorry"
it's like she just walked away from the 911 call, not even bothering to hang it up... it was later that the call ended.

Attachments

• convo in ramsey call.GIF
    convo in ramsey call.GIF
    97.3 KB · Views: 81
listen over and over again from 0115 in the call, just to get the FOUR queries by the operator in there..
then immediately after the fourth "Patsy?" this conversation happens.
no "help me jesus" no "we're not talking to you" no John, just the 911 operator, Patsy, and some young boy??

i did no processing of the file.. get it from the acandyrose site, and listen to it again for yourself.
i used audacity, it's free..

it amazes me when people say there is nothing there. it's there...
proof of anything? dunno, if it's real, it proves THEY lied.

the file i listened to has been up there a long time, i hear it in all the others i've come across
the thing is the conversation is not at the end of the call.. it's like Patsy just walked away from the phone
she is having a conversation with a young male
it sounds like Patsy's voice. it sounds like an emotionally exhausted "Bay-bee. what did you find, what did you do?" in a drained tone.. followed by a young male voice saying "I'm sorry"
it's like she just walked away from the 911 call, not even bothering to hang it up... it was later that the call ended.

WVSleuth,
I found the enhanced call you are speaking about on YouTube which was made by
Clumsy avenger:
I personally have never heard this version before tonight. What is important is that BR attorney was given a copy of the 911 call during the GJ after he testified via video. This means that he was on the tape.

Thanks for that...it sounds exactly like this one, to my ears, with the conversation I hear.

i wonder if what I hear is the totality of the conversation, and the other information people have supposedly heard like 'help me jesus' or 'we aren't talking to you to be the result of a telling of a story from one person to another over and over... there become embellishments to the story that people make..
anyway...
after i first heard this conversation, i can't unhear it. it's there. that's what is being said, to MY ears.

it doesn't sound the same, they have distorted and edited the audio in that video, just saying. but the conversation i hear is in the audio of that video..

Wow...That recording kind of makes me to come back to my BD story...He clearly asks - are they going to arrest me??
He was molesting or did something to his sister and his parents knew about it and let it happened for some reason over and over again...Then he accidentally killed her...

Wow...That recording kind of makes me to come back to my BD story...He clearly asks - are they going to arrest me??
He was molesting or did something to his sister and his parents knew about it and let it happened for some reason over and over again...Then he accidentally killed her...

That doesn't surprise me. What does surprise me, is that they have continued to seek more promotion about this situation. If BDI, then quietly go about his life, and deny all requests for interviews. Instead, he has literally jumped on the bandwagon for public opinion, through his own actions.

"Stupid is, as Stupid does"

BR saying - are they going arrest me? - I am pretty sure I can hear it...

But! So many facts do not point out to Burke at all. How 9 yo could molest his sister for long time? Why Patsy's attitude did not change at all for worse towards Burke if he is his little sister's killer?? And like Mickey said above - why all this loud campaign, and a book and all nine yards, if all they wanted is keep it quiet and save their son and their face... Lost again...

For some reason, I think the explanation for all this story is much easier that we all think...

The tape is garbage IMO. I have seen too many version to believe any of them.
I have been watching a lot of cases that relied on garbled speak on tapes only years later to have them proven to be frauds, distorted or mistranscribed. There are many cases where people swear they hear something and it just isn't there.
The biggest thing that bothers me about this case is all the bumbling and mishandling of evidence from the first moment the police were called. I just watched a new show on this case and there are so many theories now it has become a circus. I just want whoever killed her to be caught and punished. I hope it happens soon

That doesn't surprise me. What does surprise me, is that they have continued to seek more promotion about this situation. If BDI, then quietly go about his life, and deny all requests for interviews. Instead, he has literally jumped on the bandwagon for public opinion, through his own actions.

"Stupid is, as Stupid does"
Mickey2942,
I believe the promotion has been to clear the R’s good name; in their opinion. The R’s started this by speaking on national TV (CNN), one week to the day after JB was murdered. That interview was helped set up by Joe Barnhill that lived across the street from them. Although after 12/26/96 they never spoke to him again. The only one that contacted him was one of their investigators telling him to "be quiet- and never talk about what he saw the morning of the murder"...He said "they told me I was mistaken"....I found that to be very odd.
They have made profit over JB death. It started with a fund, then a book, suing anyone that declared them guilty participants. That’s what really get me!

Mickey2942,
I believe the promotion has been to clear the R’s good name; in their opinion. The R’s started this by speaking on national TV (CNN), one week to the day after JB was murdered. That interview was helped set up by Joe Barnhill that lived across the street from them. Although after 12/26/96 they never spoke to him again. The only one that contacted him was one of their investigators telling him to "be quiet- and never talk about what he saw the morning of the murder"...He said "they told me I was mistaken"....I found that to be very odd.
They have made profit over JB death. It started with a fund, then a book, suing anyone that declared them guilty participants. That’s what really get me!

Weird. Well, the rich are different. The craziest thing ever was when JR ran for Senate..

BR turned 10 1/27/97. This means he could have been convicted of murder if he did indeed hit JB on the head after this date. Basically one month later.
PR stated if she lost BR she would have nothing else to live for. Since PR and JR fiber evidence was all wrapped up in the crime scene, it is more then likely they would have gone to prison as well.
I believe BR had been molesting JB to the point where PR had to separate them and keep a watchful eye. MOO. This information comes from what use to be available to us i. e. LHP statements.
Why Johnnie can’t tell right from wrong.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CumulativeHazard
Back