TX TX - Rachel Cooke, 20, Georgetown, 10 Jan 2002

I read through this forum page by page the last 2 nights and rewatched the disappeared episode today. It’s incredibly sad this case has went on for so long with zero resolution. The pleas from her family, the fact her father passed away with no answers, and the torture of MM’s claims and actions are absolutely heart wrenching.

I hate even bringing this up, but I know it occurs and has to be explored in cases, if someone’s remains were covered in concrete...what’s the likelihood of ever finding their remains? I imagine this has been the case for many unsolved cases. I cannot even fathom the lack of closure loved ones feel with cold cases.

I pray this will not be the case for her other family members and that they will have some sort of acceptable resolution at some point.

One more thing I’ve noticed. Many times the information on the disappeared episodes seem to vary from what I have read/seen in MSM and what I have read in these forums. I do not know if this is because I have missed some other information or if it was inaccurate/incorrectly reported. For example, the disappeared episode mentioned the white Camaro that ended up being 2 teenagers skipping school and were excluded as suspects. I heard no mention of a white trans am however. Is this another vehicle of interest that wasn’t mentioned in the program?

I sometimes wonder how many times information gets confused and soon this inaccurate information inadvertently hinders a cases progress. Like a game of telephone where at some point the true and accurate information has been lost. Not at all saying this has happened in this case because I’m sure there is information I have missed. But in general it’s something I’ve wondered about.

Sheriff asking for anonymous tipster to reach back out about 18-year-old cold case

Old Sketches

New sketches

GEORGETOWN, TX — On Jan. 10, 2002, a woman in Georgetown, TX disappeared. For 18 years, her family and law enforcement have been asking - what happened to her?

Days after the sketches were released, the Williamson County Sheriff's Office said that might have received a valid tip.

They are asking for the person who left the tip to reach back out. They are looking for additional details.

If you know anything about the case, reach out on social media.

Williamson County Sheriff Chody on Twitter

Williamson County deputies are honoring a Central Texas woman who has been missing since 2002.

Rachel Cooke was last seen in January 2002 when she went for a run in her Georgetown neighborhood.

May 10 marked Rachel Cooke's 38th birthday. To honor her, deputies met up with Cooke's mother, Janet Cooke. (video at link)

The FBI is still looking for clues that may point to what happened to Rachel Cooke. The reward for information leading to Rachel Cooke is up to $100,000.
As Rachel Cooke's 38th birthday passes, deputies honor missing Georgetown woman

National Missing Children’s Day 2020 | Federal Bureau of Investigation

As the FBI prepares to observe National Missing Children’s Day on May 25, they reaffirm their commitment to investigating these cases and finding children who have been reported kidnapped or missing.

Selected missing children cases are pinned throughout a map on the site. Rachel’s case is being highlighted.

Williamson County investigators have follow-up questions for Rachel Cooke tipster | kvue.com

WILLIAMSON COUNTY, Texas — Investigators with the Williamson County Sheriff's Office (WCSO) Cold Case Unit have some follow-up questions for the person who called them with a tip regarding Rachel Cooke back in mid-July.

Investigators are asking that person to contact either the Cold Case Unit at 512-943-5204 or the FBI Office at 1-800-225-5324. Information can also be submitted regarding Cooke at tips.fbi.gov.

$100K reward and still even the latest progress is slow. But considering it is over 18 years I should be happy there IS progress. I hope between the car, the sketches and this latest tipster get the investigation moving in the right direction. It was a tip that broke the Tara Grinstead case wide open and I hope this one does it as well.

Sheriff Chody in Williamson County was just voted out of office and has been indicted in a separate case. I wonder if the incoming sheriff will look at this case. That's been the pattern with every new sheriff.

Also, with the Rodney Reed case in the news now, Rachel's case comes up when talking about Jimmy Fennell. Is there any evidence that links him to the case? I haven't been able to find out if he was even employed by Georgetown PD at the time of Rachel's disappearance.

I had just graduated from college and moved to Austin when Rachel disappeared. It's so terribly sad.

Rachel Cooke case update: Williamson Co. sheriff says man may have info

The Williamson County Sheriff's Office is searching for a man who may know something about the case of Rachel Cooke who has been missing since she went jogging in Georgetown on Jan. 10, 2002.

"After investigating over 2,000 tips, and eliminating numerous individuals suspected to have been involved with Rachel’s disappearance, now WCSO (Williamson County Sheriff's Office) is looking for a subject that was living in the Georgetown area in 2002 and has travelled to multiple cities throughout the state of Texas," a sheriff's press release said on Sunday, 19 years to the day Cooke went missing.

The man is known to have been an associate of Cooke's while she was in Georgetown and is also believed to be involved in the cattle and horse industry, the release said.

Authorities believe the man might have mentioned details of Cooke's disappearance to an acquaintance "likely speaking of the incident in third person and distancing himself from any actual involvement," the release said.

The Williamson County Sheriff's Office is searching for a man who may know something about the case of Rachel Cooke who has been missing since she went jogging in Georgetown on Jan. 10, 2002.

"After investigating over 2,000 tips, and eliminating numerous individuals suspected to have been involved with Rachel’s disappearance, now WCSO (Williamson County Sheriff's Office) is looking for a subject that was living in the Georgetown area in 2002 and has travelled to multiple cities throughout the state of Texas," a sheriff's press release said on Sunday, 19 years to the day Cooke went missing.

The man is known to have been an associate of Cooke's while she was in Georgetown and is also believed to be involved in the cattle and horse industry, the release said.

Authorities believe the man might have mentioned details of Cooke's disappearance to an acquaintance "likely speaking of the incident in third person and distancing himself from any actual involvement," the release said.

Wait, I'm confused. They're naming a POI they want to interview but have no name or photo? How would the POI himself even know that the authorities want to speak to him?

Wait, I'm confused. They're naming a POI they want to interview but have no name or photo? How would the POI himself even know that the authorities want to speak to him?

I interpret it that LE knows who this acquaintance of Rachel's is, but are fishing for information the POI may have divulged to other people. LE stated this person may have mentioned details regarding Rachel's disappearance to an acquaintance, ''likely speaking of the incident in third person and distancing himself from any actual involvement''

I think the POI has likely made admissions to people and the police know about this. They just need more people to come forward.

I had just moved to the Austin area when this case happened. My sister and I later took self-defense classes that were organized by Rachel Cooke's dad and taught by a female officer from Georgetown PD. She said that she thought that Rachel was abducted by someone she knew or was acquainted with.

No further word on this that I can find. Hopefully, LE has made progress that they have not released to the public.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drena519
Back