IN IN - Debra Wilhite, 19, Evansville, 17 Oct 1974

They really don't remember much but I want to talk to my aunt to see if she remembers anything from that time. She has lived her whole life in Evansville and would remember much more I think.

Can u preasure them to dig up the pit ?

That's pretty darn near impossible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DWilhite.jpg
DWilhite1.jpg
DWilhite2.jpg

Debra Ann Wilhite
Missing since October 17, 1974 from Evansville, Gibson County, Indiana.
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics
    • Date Of Birth: November 15, 1954
    • Age at Time of Disappearance: 19 years old
    • Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'6"; 120 lbs.
    • Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Naturally brown, bleached blonde hair; green eyes. Pierced ears.
    • Clothing: Blue knit sweater, bell bottom style blue jeans.
    • Dentals: Available. Missing molars #14 and #16
    • AKA: Debi, Debra Pfettscher
    • Vehicle: A green 1966 Ford Galaxy, Vehicle Identification number: 6W66X173520.
    • Medical: Possibly pregnant at time of disappearance but not confirmed.
    • Circumstances of Disappearance
Debra Wilhite was last seen on October 16, 1974. After dropping her two small daughters off at her mother's house, she went to her waitress job at the old Windmill Restaurant at Highway 41 and 57 in Gibson County, Indiana. She was last seen leaving work after her shift in a green 1966 Ford Galaxy, two door hard top with Indiana license plate # 26B2953 . The vehicle has not been located.

Two witnesses that worked with Debra that evening stated they saw Wilhite speaking to a man in the restaurant before she left. One witness stated they overheard the man talking to Wilhite and he told her he had gotten there by hitching a ride on a cattle truck and asked if he could get a ride from her when she left. Out of the two witnesses, one stated Wilhite talked to the man as if they'd previously met, the other witness stated they did not believe Wilhite knew the man. The two left at the same time, but it is not known if Wilhite agreed to give him a ride. Neither Wilhite, or the vehicle she was driving has been found.

Several years later, a woman stated that her father had confessed to her he had shot Wilhite, put her body in her vehicle, and then shotgunned the vehicle into a stripper pit located outside of Elberfeld, Indiana. Because this area was a hang out for many at this time, and the pit was filled with water, it had been nicknamed "The Duck Pond".

In 1994, it was found the stripper pit had been drained of water contents and filled with approximately 30 feet of dirt in the early 1980's. When drained, the bottom of the stripper pit contained approximately 15 feet of silt, a soft, quicksand like earth. If Wilhite's vehicle were there it would not have been visible to the workers on site.
Because Wilhite left home for days at a time on occasion, she was not reported missing until several days after her disappearance.

Investigators

If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

Indiana State Police
Sgt. Greg Winkler
812-425-2266

Agency Case Number: 35-3711
NCIC Number: M-004908510

Source Information:
WFIE
News Library
CA DOJ
National Center for Missing Adults
NamUs
www.doenetwork.org/cases/723dfin.html

12 Unidentified Person Exclusions
(all of them found in Virginia except for the following)
UP3153 04/19/1981 Will IL
UP8427 07/17/1982 Washoe NV
UP4790 04/24/1981 Miami OH

Debra Ann Wilhite
Classification: Missing

Vital Statistics
Date Of Birth: November 15, 1954
Age at Time of Disappearance: 19 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'6"; 120 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Naturally brown, bleached blonde hair; green eyes.
Dentals: Charts Available.
Vehicle: A green 1966 Ford Galaxy, Vehicle Identification number: 6W66X173520.

Circumstances of Disappearance
Debra Wilhite was last seen on October 16, 1974. After dropping her two small daughters off at her mother's house, she went to her waitress job at the old Windmill Restaurant at Highway 41 and 57 in Gibson County, Indiana. She was last seen leaving work after her shift in a green 1966 Ford Galaxy, Vehicle Identification number: 6W66X173520. The vehicle has not been located.

Two witnesses that worked with Debra that evening stated they saw Wilhite speaking to a man in the restaurant before she left. One witness stated they overheard the man talking to Wilhite and he told her he had gotten there by hitching a ride on a cattle truck and asked if he could get a ride from her when she left. Out of the two witnesses, one stated Wilhite talked to the man as if they'd previously met, the other witness stated they did not believe Wilhite knew the man. The two left at the same time, but it is not known if Wilhite agreed to give him a ride. Neither Wilhite, or the vehicle she was driving has been found.

Several years later, some information was given to Wilhite's mother. A woman stated that her father had confessed to her he had shot Wilhite, put her body in her vehicle, and then shot-gunned the vehicle into a stripper pit located outside of Elberfeld, Indiana. Because this area was a hang out for many at this time, and the pit was filled with water, it had been nicknamed "The Duck Pond".

In 1994, it was found the stripper pit had been drained of water contents and filled with approximately 30 feet of dirt in the early 1980's. When drained, the bottom of the stripper pit contained approximatley 15 feet of silt, a soft, quick-sand like earth. If Wilhite's vehicle were there it would not have been visible to the workers on site.
Because Wilhite left home for days at a time on occasion, she was not reported missing until several days after her disappearance. When reporting her missing her husband stated that Wilhite may have been pregnant at the time of her disappearance.

Investigators
Indiana State Police
Sgt. Greg Winkler
812-425-2266

Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:
WFIE
News Library
CA DOJ
The Doe Network: Case File 723DFIN

LINK:

http://www.doenetwork.us/cases/723dfin.html
Did the woman’s father say why he killed her?

Since her car has never been found either, the stipper pit seems plausible. Wonder why the troopers disagree?

I wonder if they ever drain those on a regular basis?
I wish someone would answer that too. Also what bar was her husband at? I figured If she did give a stranger a ride. He had to have been going her way, especially since she had to pick her husband up.

The police should ask Wayne Gulley about Debbie and an abandoned white weather beaten barn with tall grass/weeds that is in Indiana. I don’t know if they ever have but I have a strong hunch they should.

Debra Ann Wilhite
Classification: Missing

Vital Statistics
Date Of Birth: November 15, 1954
Age at Time of Disappearance: 19 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'6"; 120 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Naturally brown, bleached blonde hair; green eyes.
Dentals: Charts Available.
Vehicle: A green 1966 Ford Galaxy, Vehicle Identification number: 6W66X173520.

Circumstances of Disappearance
Debra Wilhite was last seen on October 16, 1974. After dropping her two small daughters off at her mother's house, she went to her waitress job at the old Windmill Restaurant at Highway 41 and 57 in Gibson County, Indiana. She was last seen leaving work after her shift in a green 1966 Ford Galaxy, Vehicle Identification number: 6W66X173520. The vehicle has not been located.

Several years later, some information was given to Wilhite's mother. A woman stated that her father had confessed to her he had shot Wilhite, put her body in her vehicle, and then shot-gunned the vehicle into a stripper pit located outside of Elberfeld, Indiana. Because this area was a hang out for many at this time, and the pit was filled with water, it had been nicknamed "The Duck Pond".

In 1994, it was found the stripper pit had been drained of water contents and filled with approximately 30 feet of dirt in the early 1980's. When drained, the bottom of the stripper pit contained approximatley 15 feet of silt, a soft, quick-sand like earth. If Wilhite's vehicle were there it would not have been visible to the workers on site.
Because Wilhite left home for days at a time on occasion, she was not reported missing until several days after her disappearance. When reporting her missing her husband stated that Wilhite may have been pregnant at the time of her disappearance.

Investigators
Indiana State Police
Sgt. Greg Winkler
812-425-2266

Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:
WFIE
News Library
CA DOJ
The Doe Network: Case File 723DFIN

LINK:

http://www.doenetwork.us/cases/723dfin.html
Did the woman’s father say why?

If the man was looking for a ride. Why not kill her and take her car. I’ve been to those
stripper pits. It’s a far walk if your own foot. I believe the car has never been found because it left the state.

It wouldn't have even have to leave the state, there are so many areas in rural Indiana that you could leave a car and it never be found. Especially in the 70s.

It wouldn't have even have to leave the state, there are so many areas in rural Indiana that you could leave a car and it never be found. Especially in the 70s.
True, but then how did they get back? Did Debras co-workers ever say what direction she was headed when she left with the stranger?

The police should ask Wayne Gulley about Debbie and an abandoned white weather beaten barn with tall grass/weeds that is in Indiana. I don’t know if they ever have but I have a strong hunch they should.
Why the barn and why Wayne Gully. I know he and is ex-wife are in prison for another rape and murder.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ari76
Back