Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you look at the police report linked in #609 you’ll see she was worried about him leaving her as far back as August 12th. According to the report he apparently got in the van and succeeded in locking her out. She crawled in over him from the drivers side where he was sitting. I initially dismissed him abandoning her as nonsensical. Now not so much. And if she was somehow restrained when and wherever he left her, you are now talking about weeks without food or water and being exposed to elements and coyotes and more.

theory:

Altercation late afternoon on the 12th at Moonflower. Pulled over at entrance to Arches NP. BL taken by LE to hotel, GP left with van. Both have their phones (as per police report).

so. No one goes into Arches. BL in hotel…GP in her van….

she goes back to Moonflower…where else is she gonna go?

She meets/remeets Kylen and/or Crystal. She still has her phone. She’s messaging with BL. We’ve all been there…fight with a SO…need to cool off…but still texting to reach out..

she goes with Kylen and Crystal the night of the 12th to their campsite rather than staying alone. (Side note: Been there…done that!)

Next day, the 13th, kylen and crystal go about their normal day but GP has to deal with BL. She goes to pick him up at his hotel and tries to tell him she’s done. He’s not happy but they talk. She tells him abt kylen and Crystal and that they’re fellow van people and that they’re cool. They go back to K and C’s campsite.

this is the 13th.

nothing is normal after this. Kylen and Crystal are dead.

Gabby doesn’t communicate with anyone between the 12th and the 21st.

But -- why? What motive to kill people entirely uninvolved in whatever issues BL and GP are having?

And -- if there is a gun and he is willing to kill and simply leave bullet ridden bodies to be found, then why such a different approach with GP?

Also, I haven't gone to check on their thread, but I'm pretty sure they reported the "creepy guy" was camping next to them for several days, maybe longer, which I'm pretty sure rules out BL.

I think it's two separate cases. The fact that one of the women worked at the main grocery store in town and that passers-through happened to be nearby that same store when they got into a fight does not mean anything except that it's a small town and they all valued organic food. MOO

How about what was the mindset of Brian when he last saw Gabby?

If Gabby wanted to escape or go off on her own she could have when this guy was back in Florida, call her parents for help.

I don't think she escaped if PI Allman above is suggesting that escaping might have been her desire or that it happened. She hasn't been in touch for some 3 weeks.

And what is the mindset of Brian now, that he refuses to talk, to help ....?
Very good points. I wonder exactly how he would say she was supposed to escape if Brain took her van and stranded her?

If you look at the police report linked in #609 you’ll see she was worried about him leaving her as far back as August 12th. According to the report he apparently got in the van and succeeded in locking her out. She crawled in over him from the drivers side where he was sitting. I initially dismissed him abandoning her as nonsensical. Now not so much. And if she was somehow restrained when and wherever he left her, you are now talking about weeks without food or water and being exposed to elements and coyotes and more.
Agreed this information looks so different now than it probably did to the officer back on August 12th.

Completely agree. They don’t just specifically name a POI because of circumstantial evidence…..usually they have already built up quite the case file on the subject….maybe not enough to bring to court. Not just yet. But enough that it’s very close. POI specifically named publicly is not a move done lightly by LE imo.

IMO it could also be to make him think they have something to get him to start talking. I don’t think there’s any way they have anywhere near enough built up at this point to bring to court.

It will take quite a bit of time to even re-construct the possible routes, pings, surveillance videos, credit card use, etc.

I mean… we all understand the strategy of, and legit reasons behind, hiring a lawyer and not talking. But if he just left her on the side of the road alive, or if she left on her own accord, or he woke up and she was gone and he doesn’t know anything, he could be communicating all of that to the police through his attorney. There wouldn’t be the need for quid pro quo if he did nothing wrong. His attorney can tell the police what he knows or be present for interviews and intervene when the questioning gets beyond a certain point. There are ways to protect his rights while still cooperating, but I suppose that only works if he is innocent.

Agreed. His attorney could give a statement to LE or just as you said….he could work with LE with his attorney next to him. His complete refusal and subsequently his attorneys refusal to speak at all to LE speaks volumes. If the man is truly innocent his attorney is failing his client imo.

But -- why? What motive to kill people entirely uninvolved in whatever issues BL and GP are having?

And -- if there is a gun and he is willing to kill and simply leave bullet ridden bodies to be found, then why such a different approach with GP?

Also, I haven't gone to check on their thread, but I'm pretty sure they reported the "creepy guy" was camping next to them for several days, maybe longer, which I'm pretty sure rules out BL.

I think it's two separate cases. The fact that one of the women worked at the main grocery store in town and that passers-through happened to be nearby that same store when they got into a fight does not mean anything except that it's a small town and they all valued organic food. MOO
You made the post I would have made, only said it better than I could have.

I too, think it’s going to wind up being a creepy coincidence.

Lets say hypothetically they had a fight and the boyfriend drives off without Gabby. Gabby then succumbs to the wilderness of where she was left, either dehydration or eaten by an animal. What sort of charges would the boyfriend be looking at? Would there even be charges?
This is why I believe he is staying quiet. Because in the event of this being true they’ll more than likely want someone to blame and that would no doubt him.

I mean… we all understand the strategy of, and legit reasons behind, hiring a lawyer and not talking. But if he just left her on the side of the road alive, or if she left on her own accord, or he woke up and she was gone and he doesn’t know anything, he could be communicating all of that to the police through his attorney. There wouldn’t be the need for quid pro quo if he did nothing wrong. His attorney can tell the police what he knows or be present for interviews and intervene when the questioning gets beyond a certain point. There are ways to protect his rights while still cooperating, but I suppose that only works if he is innocent.

To plays devil's advocate here, what if he did -- "something wrong," but less wrong -- than first or second degree murder and wants to mitigate against being charged with a more serious crime? He is better off lawyering up and saying nothing at all except under advise of lawyer. You and I may not like it, but it is something every attorney would advise for good reasons

I am not saying that is the case, but one cannot just say one only needs lawyer unless they did something wrong. In fact it maybe that you are at risk of maximum possible charge if you don't lawyer up.

I am not defending this guy or the acts I have a suspicion he may have committed. If he killed this woman I hope he gets life or is executed. But if I were called into a police station to be interviewed about a crime, even if I was 100% innocent, if I thought I might in any way be a suspect, I would lawyer up.

As far as "protecting his rights still cooperating," that is a bit of a conflict since he does have the constitutional right not to cooperate whatsoever.

theory:

Altercation late afternoon on the 12th at Moonflower. Pulled over at entrance to Arches NP. BL taken by LE to hotel, GP left with van. Both have their phones (as per police report).

She meets/remeets Kylen and/or Crystal. She still has her phone. She’s messaging with BL. We’ve all been there…fight with a SO…need to cool off…but still texting to reach out..

she goes with Kylen and Crystal the night of the 12th to their campsite rather than staying alone. (Side note: Been there…done that!)

Next day, the 13th, kylen and crystal go about their normal day but GP has to deal with BL. She goes to pick him up at his hotel and tries to tell him she’s done. He’s not happy but they talk. She tells him abt kylen and Crystal and that they’re fellow van people and that they’re cool. They go back to K and C’s campsite.

this is the 13th.

Huh? I’ve seen nothing reported about her ever meeting those people. I realize you stated theory but have you seen any reports that they ever met or were ever even at the same campground at the same time? Those deaths are completely unrelated as far as I am aware. Do the time lines match up? I have seen footage or reports can’t remember which there’s a lot of reporting on this that they met one other fellow camper earlier in their travel and it was a male.

What I find odd is that the police officer on the Moab Utah call said in the report GB was crying uncontrollably the whole time and rubbing her knees that he felt she was having a psychotic break why would he not suggest taking her to a hospital to be evaluated maybe even be put on some medication to get her stabilized instead of leaving her out there all alone by herself in that van where she could be harmed or harm herself. She admitted to anxiety and mental health issues unless he offered it and she refused but he can also put a mental health hold and take her in even if she refuses. The officers never wrote they offered her that in the report which to me wasn’t in the best interest of GP.

I'm not sure why you keep mentioning psychotic breaks. Nobody was psychotic. They had a fight and she was upset and crying. Then the two of them calmed down enough to agree to going separate ways for the night. There was no evidence of any psychosis or even a serious crime. The most the officer could have done is issue a speeding ticket to BL and/or arrest her for assault but he diffused the situation.

theory:

this is the 13th.

And these women would have probably welcomed the company because of the creeper. I still don't know if there is a connection. I am very glad LE is looking into it.

Motive: she found someone/someones other than him that she preferred to be with.

#2: thousands of people in the US possess unregistered firearms.

-what do you mean by “such a different approach with GP”?

I don’t think that BL is the “creepy guy” they had mentioned. How about the possibility that K and C told GP…and eventually…BL…about the creepy guy and that someone took advantage of that information?

Crazier things have happened.

Huh? I’ve seen nothing reported about her ever meeting those people. I realize you stated theory but have you seen any reports that they ever met or were ever even at the same campground at the same time? Those deaths are completely unrelated as far as I am aware. Do the time lines match up? I have seen footage or reports can’t remember which there’s a lot of reporting on this that they met one other fellow camper earlier in their travel and it was a male.

LE has stated they haven't ruled out a connection. So it's up for discussion.

theory:

this is the 13th.

[/I][/B]

I didn't think they argued *at* Moonflower. The first story I read about it said they argued a few blocks from Moonflower, then it was two blocks. Then a couple of hours later it was *at" Moonflower. I think the connection to the two women and this case might be just a situation where people are subtly altering facts in the Gabby-BL timeline to make them fit a bit more into the two women murdered timeline to see a connection between the two murders. I don't see how they are related but who knows. I would like to know for sure how far away from Moonflower they actually did have their fight.

To plays devil's advocate here, what if he did -- "something wrong," but less wrong -- than first or second degree murder and wants to mitigate against being charged with a more serious crime? He is better off lawyering up and saying nothing at all except under advise of lawyer. You and I may not like it, but it is something every attorney would advise for good reasons

I am not saying that is the case, but one cannot just say one only needs lawyer unless they did something wrong. In fact it maybe that you are at risk of maximum possible charge if you don't lawyer up.

I am not defending this guy or the acts I have a suspicion he may have committed. If he killed this woman I hope he gets life or is executed. But if I were called into a police station to be interviewed about a crime, even if I was 100% innocent, if I thought I might in any way be a suspect, I would lawyer up.

As far as "protecting his rights still cooperating," that is a bit of a conflict since he does have the constitutional right not to cooperate whatsoever.

Driving her van back to Florida without her is going to be difficult to impossible to defend, especially considering that he had flown home previously. It stands to reason that if he just wanted to get away from her, he could have without taking her van and abandoning her.

And I don't believe she would have allowed him to take her van from her willingly.

I’m on the fence as to if the two could be related. The one big thing that stands out to me is this is a low population area with a lot of drifters.
It seems extremely unlikely to me that 2 murders and a missing girl happen within 2 weeks of each other in the same area - especially when you consider there are typically 0 murders in Moab each year.

There were all in the same area at the same time. And police have stated they aren’t ruling out a connection.
Utah investigators 'not ruling anything out' in double homicide near missing Gabby Petito incident

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
callumh804