UK - Prince Andrew accused of underage sexual relationship, 1999 - 2002

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing is for sure -
The media circus will be in fulllll force.
Lurid stories and photos will surface.
During Queen's Jubilee events.

Has he ever heard the word "NO" in his life?

Yes. When a valet punched him knocking him on his back side. He was a kid/teen and wouldn't stop harassing the staff member. Queen wouldn't accept his resignation, coolly commenting that apparently Andrew deserved it.

Opinion - read this a long time ago.

It's interesting that while Andrew just denies or can't confirm or deny, each specific count, he offers nothing to exonerate himself.

moo

If he’s innocent, it’s very hard to prove a negative.

Also, I understand that his ‘side’ have not seen the evidence nor has ‘discovery’ taken place.

Give it all time to surface, let’s see if he counter sues for defamation etc.

Clear now as to why The Queen demoted him to ‘private citizen’.

The Royals usually buy their way out of trouble, perhaps he’d been smarter to just pay her off with no admission of guilt.

I do understand how that would look given the nature of the case.

Lisa Bloom
@LisaBloom

I'm reading Prince Andrew's Answer filed today. His first defense: Virginia can't sue in US court as she lives in Australia. She says she has a residence and votes in Colorado, which should be sufficient. Judge has already refused to dismiss the case on this ground.

FKD90-TVkAgHLCG

@LisaBloom
Prince Andrew's second defense: Virginia released me in her 2009 Epstein settlement. Judge has already rejected this argument. Prince Andrew was not a party to that settlement agreement.

FKEAEg1VkAINCPL

@LisaBloom
·
8m

Prince Andrew's third defense: laches, which means she took too long to bring the case. NY's extended statute of limitations allows victims to bring child sexual abuse claims later in life. Virginia timely filed within that law. This defense is a waste of paper and ink.

FKEAVfeUUAQF7EJ

@LisaBloom
·
6m

Prince Andrew's fourth defense: If I hurt her, others did too, so I shouldn't have to pay for all of it. Defense likely wants detailed questioning of her about Epstein and Maxwell's abuses. Yet rape shield laws protect victims from being asked about prior sexual history.

FKEAszbVUAEeGNs

@LisaBloom
·
5m

This one's a doozy: Prince Andrew's 5th defense, CONSENT. I didn't do it, he says, but if I did do it, she consented. Underaged girls cannot consent to sex with adult males. If I were taking Andrew's deposition I would start here. Are you saying she consented? So it happened?

FKEBUDuVIAUoHds

https://twitter.com/LisaBloom/status/1486469344137674755

@LisaBloom

·
3m

Prince Andrew's 6th and 7th defenses: Virginia shouldn't recover because she did bad things too. This is a clear signal that Prince Andrew intends an all out attack on Virginia. And no matter what she may have done, that would never bar her claim for child sexual abuse.

FKEBzJnVgAEkZrY

@LisaBloom

·
2m

Prince Andrew's 8th defense: Virginia filed too late. Yet at the last hearing Andrew's attorney acknowledged she filed 5 days before the deadline. Which means she filed timely.

FKECbxHVUAE4uG2

@LisaBloom

·
45s

Many reporters have asked me today: what does it mean that Prince Andrew wants a jury? Nothing. Virginia already requested it in her complaint, and she's entitled to it, because only one side needs to ask. So this is likely just PR, or his attorneys' use of a template.

FKECv_ZVUAEwN3m

Also, I understand that his ‘side’ have not seen the evidence nor has ‘discovery’ taken place.

The Royals usually buy their way out of trouble, perhaps he’d been smarter to just pay her off with no admission of guilt.

He's a royal and there are surely diaries and close employees such as his personal valet and his appointment secretary, among others, who could easily provide "receipts". A normal everyday Joe or Jane may have a hard time proving where they were at any given time how many years ago, but not a royal. More than one person knows where they are at all times.

And yes, if this is such nonsense and he denies everything, why hasn't he launched a counter suit already? This is not out of the blue, first time his name came up.

MOO

@LisaBloom

·
3m

Prince Andrew's 6th and 7th defenses: Virginia shouldn't recover because she did bad things too. This is a clear signal that Prince Andrew intends an all out attack on Virginia. And no matter what she may have done, that would never bar her claim for child sexual abuse.

FKEBzJnVgAEkZrY

@LisaBloom

·
2m

Prince Andrew's 8th defense: Virginia filed too late. Yet at the last hearing Andrew's attorney acknowledged she filed 5 days before the deadline. Which means she filed timely.

FKECbxHVUAE4uG2

@LisaBloom

·
45s

Many reporters have asked me today: what does it mean that Prince Andrew wants a jury? Nothing. Virginia already requested it in her complaint, and she's entitled to it, because only one side needs to ask. So this is likely just PR, or his attorneys' use of a template.

FKECv_ZVUAEwN3m

Hit and Sink!

Kudos to Ms Lisa Bloom :)

the wording to that announcement is weird to me "“With The Queen’s approval and agreement, The Duke of York’s military affiliations and Royal patronages have been returned to The Queen,” it said. “The Duke of York will continue not to undertake any public duties and is defending this case as a private citizen.” ie to say she approves and agrees doesnt sound like it was solely her choice. People have assumed it was her decision but it doesnt actually read that way to me. Its just odd.

He's a royal and there are surely diaries and close employees such as his personal valet and his appointment secretary, among others, who could easily provide "receipts". A normal everyday Joe or Jane may have a hard time proving where they were at any given time how many years ago, but not a royal. More than one person knows where they are at all times.

And yes, if this is such nonsense and he denies everything, why hasn't he launched a counter suit already? This is not out of the blue, first time his name came up.

MOO
Not to mention that he proclaimed in his interview that GM was his friend, not JE.
Can't help but wonder how GM will feel about this?
He has denied her good friendship.
Despite pics of JE and GM on the porch at Wood Farm?
MOO.

@LisaBloom
·
5m

This one's a doozy: Prince Andrew's 5th defense, CONSENT. I didn't do it, he says, but if I did do it, she consented. Underaged girls cannot consent to sex with adult males. If I were taking Andrew's deposition I would start here. Are you saying she consented? So it happened?
bbm

He actually said this? ..if I did do it? And he says he didn't do it.
So was he sleepwalking or what?

That’s a very good point! Can his body guards, chaffeurs, etc, on duty the day/nights in question be subpoenaed to testify for the deposition?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miguel13b