FL - Sarah Boone, 42, charged with murdering boyfriend Jorge Torres, 42, by leaving him locked in suitcase, Winter Park, Feb 2020

Bishop Black

Former Member
Reaction score

WINTER PARK, Fla. — A woman accused of killing her boyfriend by zipping him inside a suitcase is set to return to court this morning.

Orange County deputies said Sarah Boone and Jorge Torres were drunk when she put him in the bag during a game of hide-and-seek in their Winter Park apartment in February 2020.

Investigators said cellphone video shows Boone taunting Torres while he struggled to breathe.

“I can’t (expletive) breathe, seriously,” Torres is heard saying in the videos, according to deputies.

“That’s on you,” Boone replied, according to deputies. “That’s what it feels like when you cheat on me,” and “that’s what you do when you choke me,” and that he “should probably shut the (expletive) up.”

Boone’s trial is set to begin May 16.

I've just finished watching the police interrogation on THE LAW & CRIME CHANNEL on YouTube and this chick is something else!
Wowzer, she sure is something else! I really like interrogation videos - they reveal so much about the personalities of suspects and what they're willing to say in order to get out of trouble. This one even swore on her son's life that it wasn't intentional. Drunk or not the videos seem to tell a different story.

I wish we had a forum here, maybe in the members only section, where we could post and analyze some of these interviews. It might provide insight into other crimes we sleuth.

Thanks for the link!

I'm not going to link it here, because it's incredibly sick and disturbing, but Law and Crime has the actual video from SB's cell phone on their YouTube channel. I don't know why I watched even part of it. I feel sick now.

I'm not going to link it here, because it's incredibly sick and disturbing, but Law and Crime has the actual video from SB's cell phone on their YouTube channel. I don't know why I watched even part of it. I feel sick now.

I did as well, I didn’t get very far in because it was extremely disturbing. How she can deny any wrong doing is beyond me, a very sadistic woman, taunting him while he is begging to be let out. :/

I did as well, I didn’t get very far in because it was extremely disturbing. How she can deny any wrong doing is beyond me, a very sadistic woman, taunting him while he is begging to be let out. :/
Oh my goodness, it gave me chills. The poor man. And I'd say she was obviously drunk, (imo) despite all her "I never lose my wits when I drink" statements. :eyeroll:

I couldn't keep a straight face when watching the interrogation when they informed her that they had video of the night before. Was SB so intoxicated that she 100% didn't remember that she had made a video of her taunting the victim? Or did she think the detectives wouldn't find the evidence? Disturbing to say the least watching the additional footage that was recovered by LEO that was filmed while Mr. Torres was alive and pleading for her help.

@MsMarple I like the way you think and would be interested in joining in a conversation in a forum such as you mentioned. I also enjoy watching the interrogation and learning from the LEO as well as the POI.

Oh my goodness, it gave me chills. The poor man. And I'd say she was obviously drunk, (imo) despite all her "I never lose my wits when I drink" statements. :eyeroll:

I've just watched the interrogation and am surprised at two things - 1) why did she not appoint legal representation? and 2) why didn't she claim to have been blackout drunk which would have made her less culpable?

I couldn't keep a straight face when watching the interrogation when they informed her that they had video of the night before. Was SB so intoxicated that she 100% didn't remember that she had made a video of her taunting the victim? Or did she think the detectives wouldn't find the evidence? Disturbing to say the least watching the additional footage that was recovered by LEO that was filmed while Mr. Torres was alive and pleading for her help.

@MsMarple I like the way you think and would be interested in joining in a conversation in a forum such as you mentioned. I also enjoy watching the interrogation and learning from the LEO as well as the POI.

It seems that way to me.

She seemingly had been blackout drunk, done this terrible thing, had little to no memory of it and even forgotten about the videos. It strikes me that she's an addict and narcissist in a firm holding pattern of denial and slippery thinking. To me, it seems she's genuinely unable to comprehend why anyone would think it's her fault and feels personally affronted the interrogators can't understand the trauma and anxiety she's going through because of her own behaviour.

The average person isn't going to be able to comprehend that an addict can feel literally traumatised by being confronted with the consequences of their own actions. The law does take into account chronic addiction so she would have been best served to be honest but her personality doesn't allow her to be honest. I wonder how different things would be if she'd have shown heartfelt humility and sorrow that her life has come to this and all the consequences of it.

It seems that way to me.

She seemingly had been blackout drunk, done this terrible thing, had little to no memory of it and even forgotten about the videos. It strikes me that she's an addict and narcissist in a firm holding pattern of denial and slippery thinking. To me, it seems she's genuinely unable to comprehend why anyone would think it's her fault and feels personally affronted the interrogators can't understand the trauma and anxiety she's going through because of her own behaviour.

The average person isn't going to be able to comprehend that an addict can feel literally traumatised by being confronted with the consequences of their own actions. The law does take into account chronic addiction so she would have been best served to be honest but her personality doesn't allow her to be honest. I wonder how different things would be if she'd have shown heartfelt humility and sorrow that her life has come to this and all the consequences of it.
Wouldn't it be, that due to her narcissistic personality disorder, SB couldn't or wouldn't allow herself to show the heartfelt humility and sorrow? Because if it were *you or I neither one of us would be able to contain the genuine remorse and shame our actions had caused.

* Edited by me because I left out the word you

Wouldn't it be, that due to her narcissistic personality disorder, SB couldn't or wouldn't allow herself to show the heartfelt humility and sorrow? Because if it were *you or I neither one of us would be able to contain the genuine remorse and shame our actions had caused.

* Edited by me because I left out the word you

yes, agree, she’s apparently not having those emotions and has distorted thinking ~ seems to find it unreasonable the police have inconvenienced her by blaming her and annoyed that she’s got to pay the price of missing Torres. She’s not joining the ‘cause and effect’ or ‘action and consequence’ dots. That could be due to active alcoholism which can make people appear to be Narc / sociopath. The trial will show, I guess. JMO

Extremely accurate insights about addiction, @Observe_dont_Absorb

I can't recall Florida's legal definition of murder (I assume it's pretty loose) but I have to wonder if she is actually guilty of murder. I think at the time she legitimately (irrationally) believed he would just stay in the bag and learn his lesson then she'd let him out and now she doesn't remember that she thought that at the time.

I predict she'll make a deal immediately before trial where she pleads guilty to manslaughter or whatever the Florida equivalent is. Or negligent homicide. Then she'll forever tell herself and anyone will listen how she was railroaded.

Extremely accurate insights about addiction, @Observe_dont_Absorb

I can't recall Florida's legal definition of murder (I assume it's pretty loose) but I have to wonder if she is actually guilty of murder. I think at the time she legitimately (irrationally) believed he would just stay in the bag and learn his lesson then she'd let him out and now she doesn't remember that she thought that at the time.

I predict she'll make a deal immediately before trial where she pleads guilty to manslaughter or whatever the Florida equivalent is. Or negligent homicide. Then she'll forever tell herself and anyone will listen how she was railroaded.

BBM. I agree. With the evidence we've seen, a murder conviction is almost assured. I think we'll see a last-minute plea deal.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
undefined.value
Back