NJ NJ - Celina Mays, 12, pregnant, Willingboro, 16 Dec 1996

In every state of the union, medical workers are mandated reporters. I personally think maybe the whole ultrasound dating of the pregnancy is the sticking point.
No WAY an ultrasonographer or an obstetrician or midwife is going to not report a pregnant pre-teen.
So - the u/s is a fabrication IMHO. And possibly so is the pregnancy.
Puzzling and concerning case.

I think we need to look further into Sacred Heart, the real estate stalker listed in the rip off report and his wife out of New Jersey. I also have not seen Celina and baby ruled out as Peaches and baby. As I understand it, there is a connection.
That's EXACTLY what I think as well.

WILLINGBORO, N.J. (CBS) — This week, CBS3 Mysteries is examining the case of Celina Mays, a 12-year-old Burlington County girl who vanished more than two decades ago. She was nine months pregnant.

From all appearances, Celina was a happy 12-year-old. She lived on a quiet, suburban street in Willingboro with her family. She sang in her church choir.

But nine months before her December 1996 disappearance, she was 11 and became pregnant.

“She went missing in the middle of the night, as her father reported to us,” Detective Monica Pogorzelski said. “She did not give birth yet. She was nine months pregnant.”

Pogorzelski inherited the 25-year-old cold case, an investigation that has failed to conclude where Celina is.

“Well, we’re not sure,” Pogorzelski said. “We’ve investigated over 254 leads throughout the past 25 years. Recently, we’ve had four more leads that we’re now investigating.”

Detectives say the Mays family had a strong connection to a Mount Holly church. It’s been defunct for more than 10 years. It was known as the Gospel of Christ Ministry. Its pastor is deceased, other church officials are unreachable.

It hasn’t been easy for police, though. Their early efforts to obtain a search warrant were blocked by a judge, frustrating their attempts to get answers.

“They were involved completely with a church organization — her aunt, Serita Smith, was the pastor,” Pogorzelski said. “She also since has passed. Many people alive at the time of her disappearance have now passed.”

Over the years, age progression photos have shown us what Celina looks like today.

Surviving family members are hopeful for answers.

“As far as we know, she was accepting of the pregnancy,” Pogorzelski said. “And ready to move forward, so for her to go missing after carrying a baby for nine months, it’s very strange.”

Investigators believe there’s a possible connection between the disappearance and the church.

“We have many theories,” Pogorzelski said. “We are hoping she is alive and that we can find her.”

Police say it’s possible Celina could now be living with a different name, even unaware police are looking for her. They say the church had affiliations in other states. Its long been held leadership at the closed-down worship site encouraged other members to avoid cooperating with police.

CBS3 Mysteries looked for any clues to try and reach someone, but the place appeared to be long vacant.

“The congregation was a very large congregation. Maybe someone knows something, can come forward and tell us,” Pogorzelski said.

Do you have information on what happened to Celina Mays?

Willingboro police would like you to call them at 609-877-2200 ext. 1080.

Does Pogorzelski think about this case often?

“Every day,” Pogorzelski said.
❤️
CBS3 Mysteries: What Happened To Celina Mays, 12 Years Old And Pregnant, 26 Years Ago?

Celina Janette Mays
celina_janette_mays_1.jpg
celina_janette_mays_2.jpg

Celina, circa 1996; Age-progression to age 33 (circa 2017)

• Missing Since 12/16/1996
  • Missing From Willingboro, New Jersey
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Sex Female
  • Race Biracial, Black, White
  • Date of Birth 05/28/1984 (37)
  • Age 12 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'0, 120 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry Description Possibly a long red coat.
  • Medical Conditions Celina was nine months pregnant at the time of her 1996 disappearance. Her baby was due around December 29 of that year.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Biracial (African-American/Caucasian) female. Black hair, brown eyes. Celina's eyebrows grow together. Some agencies state that she is Hispanic. Her hair was very long and wavy at the time of her disappearance. Some agencies spell Celina's middle name "Janet."
Details of Disappearance

Celina was last seen at approximately 11:00 p.m. on December 15, 1996 when she went to bed at her aunt's residence on Crestview Drive in Willingboro, New Jersey.

Her father, C.J. Mays, checked her room the following morning and discovered that Celina was missing and pillows had been placed under her blankets in her bed to give the appearance that she was sleeping. There was no sign of Celina, who left her prenatal vitamins, purse and other personal belongings behind. She has never been heard from again.

Celina lived with her father, stepmother and several other relatives at the time of her 1996 disappearance. C.J. was employed as an accountant and bookkeeper for the Gospel of Christ Ministries Inc., based in Mount Holly, New Jersey. His sister, Cerita Smith, was pastor of the church and the Mays family raised Celina as a member.

Celina was home-schooled and grew up with strict religious beliefs from the organization. C.J. maintains that Celina did not leave her home because of problems with her religion.

The Gospel of Christ Ministries Inc. had numerous complaints from former members in the late 1990s who claimed that the church was utilizing brainwashing techniques on its congregation. It is not known if the allegations are connected to Celina's case, but Cerita has accused disgruntled ex-members of the church of hiding Celina.

C.J. believes that his daughter planned her disappearance, mainly because he threatened to have paternity tests performed to learn the identity of her unborn child's father. Officials said that C.J. was uncooperative in his Celina's disappearance; they have lost touch with him in the years since Celina vanished.

Another of Celina's relatives somewhat supports C.J.'s theory, telling the press that he believed she was murdered by the baby's father in order to prevent his identity from being revealed, or possibly she died as the result of an amateur abortion.

The baby's father, if he is ever identified, could be charged with rape due to the Celina's age at the time she became pregnant.

Authorities responded by announcing they have no information concerning Celina's child's father and statements made by others were purely speculation, although it has been rumored that one of Celina's cousins fathered her child.

He was interviewed several times by authorities after she disappeared, but denied any knowledge of Celina's whereabouts. The individual has fathered seven children by four different women, and is now an adult and married to the mother of four of his children.

Celina's aunt believes that the father of her baby was an individual she met while roller skating in Camden County, New Jersey.

Celina's mother, Lynn Marie Vitale, died of a brain aneurysm in 1994, two years before Celina disappeared. Vitale and C.J. never married and allegedly had a tumultuous relationship with some incidences of domestic violence. C.J. was a musician at the time he met Vitale, and admits that he had a drug and alcohol problem.

Vitale had been an exotic dancer and was addicted to drugs, but overcome her addiction before her death and got a job as a school custodian in Palmyra, New Jersey. Several of Vitale's family members fought a bitter custody battle over Celina with C.J. after Vitale's death. She lived with some of Vitale's friends before moving with her father.

Both sides of the family have accused the other of hiding Celina. Several of Celina's maternal relatives believe foul play was involved in her case. No evidence has been produced to support any of the theories.

Celina's obstetrician, whom she last saw two days before her disappearance, told officials that she never identified her baby's father. The obstetrician described Celina as an emotionally mature girl. She reportedly told her doctor that her boyfriend was 16 years old in 1996 and was not a member of her church.

There have been numerous unconfirmed sightings of Celina in the years since her disappearance. In the weeks immediately after her disappearance, she was supposedly seen in Lacey Township and Hopewell Township in New Jersey, but these have not been confirmed.

Celina has family members on her mother's side living in Michigan and Florida. Her mother left her a large life insurance policy, which she is now eligible to collect since she has turned eighteen. Investigators are calling Celina's case a missing persons case, not a homicide, and it remains unsolved.
Investigating Agency
  • Willingboro Police Department 609-877-2253
Source Information

I think she is the jane doe found in Mar 1996.... The post mortem pictures show her face and the skin tone... She looked hispanic but too looked italian, african. If this is her then we can get a better picture of what really happened... Being a victim of sexual abuse myself, this one case really gets to me.... Story never seemed to match up with my perception of what happened. I will post the link to the unidentified, the drawing doesn't look like the post mortem much at all.... I looked at the face, jawline, eye shape, eye sockets, brows, mouth, chin, where the nose and eye meet... the coarse looking hair as Celinas was not kinky. I hope her case is finally figured out.... Makes more sense if it is her....

I think she is the jane doe found in Mar 1996.... The post mortem pictures show her face and the skin tone... She looked hispanic but too looked italian, african. If this is her then we can get a better picture of what really happened... Being a victim of sexual abuse myself, this one case really gets to me.... Story never seemed to match up with my perception of what happened. I will post the link to the unidentified, the drawing doesn't look like the post mortem much at all.... I looked at the face, jawline, eye shape, eye sockets, brows, mouth, chin, where the nose and eye meet... the coarse looking hair as Celinas was not kinky. I hope her case is finally figured out.... Makes more sense if it is her....

Unfortunately, the timeline doesn't match up. Celina disappeared months after this UID was found.

exactly... she was reported missing in Dec 1996... That is what father said.
I turned in this possible match to the doe network last night. I received a reply email this morning saying they will have their panel look into it. I also added the reasons why i believe it is her, not just because the picture looks like her...

Celina Janette Mays
Missing since December 16, 1996 from Willingboro, Burlington County, New Jersey
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics
  • Date Of Birth: May 28, 1984
  • Age at Time of Disappearance: 12 years old
  • Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'0"; 120 lbs.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics: Black / Hispanic female. Very long and wavy black hair; brown eyes; Celina's eyebrows grow together. Medium complexion.
  • Clothing: Long red coat
  • Medical: She was 9 months pregnant at the time of her disappearance.

Circumstances of Disappearance
Mays was last seen in Willingboro, New Jersey on December 16, 1996.
Authorities said Celina had gone to church - the Gospel of Christ Ministries Inc. in Mount Holly - with family members and then came home for dinner and dessert. Without explanation, police have said, she told a cousin "thanks for everything." A few hours later, the young girl who was due to give birth before the end of the year, stuffed a pillow into her bed, grabbed a few precious possessions and disappeared into the night.
Right after her disappearance, Celina was supposedly spotted in Lacey and Hopewell townships but the leads did not pan out.
She did not take any extra clothing with her and left all of her personal items at home as well.
It is believed she has given birth and may be in need of medical assistance.

1577DFNJ - Celina Janette Mays

It is not just her father that saw her in December, she had gone to church, so I think the timeline is too far off to be her.

It is not just her father that saw her in December, she had gone to church, so I think the timeline is too far off to be her.
i think that is how he planned it to be... Ya allegedly the church people, residence "saw her." But who outside seen her? they claim a dr and i believe that.... but i think it was a different dec...

i think that is how he planned it to be... Ya allegedly the church people, residence "saw her." But who outside seen her? they claim a dr and i believe that.... but i think it was a different dec...
What man goes and gets a vasectomy when his wife dies and he is alone with a 10 year old girl...????

Oh, I believe he is guilty! I just wish there was justice for Celina.
Are we not allowed, here, to speculate as to what we think happened? Let me know, k, I would like to write it.... I still believe the child found months before her being reported missing is her. I did turn it in. To the doe network as well as the detective.... just waiting for word. Child looks exactly like her.... And pregnant. And it would definitely make sense!!!

Are we not allowed, here, to speculate as to what we think happened? Let me know, k, I would like to write it.... I still believe the child found months before her being reported missing is her. I did turn it in. To the doe network as well as the detective.... just waiting for word. Child looks exactly like her.... And pregnant. And it would definitely make sense!!!
Is there anyway to find out how pregnant the Jane doe was? That would help.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ppt92
Back