Identified! WI - Clinton, 'River Guy' WhtMale 1207UMWI, 17-20, 'Venom' TShirt, Nov'95 - Carl Junior Isaacs

My cousin is the person on the right not sure who is on the left but it does look like my cousin if he was older my cousin went missing 33 yrs ago we have never had a lead to his disappear but he went missing in 1998 and he was in Canada I gave him a ride to Banff and he went missing there who is the other guy on the left ? My cousin had brown hair not blonde
Your cousin is not this john doe, as he has been identified.

"It's funny...." should read "It's once again misinformation....the usual from doe..."
How unfortunate for the victims and their families that something as simple as obviously incorrect hair color is not questioned by those who claim to be so successful in their efforts to finding the missing.
It is getting increasingly difficult to get a possible match past these inept reviewers to a more scientific evaluation. The apathy in missing person cases is contagious. I am now finding persons whose skin is as dark as dark can get listed as "white" for race. This is showing up in NamUS, particularly NYC. I call them on it and they do nothing but say, their entry is correct as stated.
Dentals would be a great feature in any listing. But then how many time do we see that identifier entered incorrectly?
Kudos to all who hang in here:twocents: and wade through the misinformation to resolve these cases!
My cousin had all his teeth but yes he had brown hair and not blonde I have emailed doe to let them know I had no idea there was a site to see if he’s on it h too yesterday I’m not sure who you are trying to match with my cousin Wayne but he went missing in 1998 so the dates of missing between whoever is out beside my cousin don’t match if it’s 1995 the other guy died ?? Please respond I’m new on this site

My cousin had all his teeth but yes he had brown hair and not blonde I have emailed doe to let them know I had no idea there was a site to see if he’s on it h too yesterday I’m not sure who you are trying to match with my cousin Wayne but he went missing in 1998 so the dates of missing between whoever is out beside my cousin don’t match if it’s 1995 the other guy died ?? Please respond I’m new on this site
People suggested your cousin as a candidate for this John Doe 12 years ago, but he's already excluded.

Your cousin is not this john doe, as he has been identified.
My cousin has been missing for 33 yrs just wondered who the other guy is and when did he die ?
Wayne Ronald Baker
Missing since June 5, 1989 from Banff, Alberta, Canada
His Doe Network page says he has blonde hair but it is clearly not blonde in his photo.

3936DMAB - Wayne Ronald Baker
he has brown hair I’m his cousin

The person on the right is my cousin Wayne he went missing in 1998. His hair was brown and I have just let the site know and his bday was in march. Who is the other guy ? I know my cousin yiu can ask me any questions is the other guy alive ??

The picture on the left was a sketch of a young man deceased in Wisconsin in 1996. We submitted your cousin as a possible match, but he was ruled out. This decedent was identified recently as Carl Isaacs.

I am SO glad he has been identified. The little deer fork stuck with me when I first saw this case on NAMUS years ago. Poor kid had his whole life ahead of him - I wonder why his mom did not report him missing.

I am SO glad he has been identified. The little deer fork stuck with me when I first saw this case on NAMUS years ago. Poor kid had his whole life ahead of him - I wonder why his mom did not report him missing.
I think it's because Isaacs was a fugitive from the law. For example, the families of Jimmy Hendricks and Kimberlin Mills didn't report those two missing because they were fugitives.

I think it's because Isaacs was a fugitive from the law. For example, the families of Jimmy Hendricks and Kimberlin Mills didn't report those two missing because they were fugitives.
And something similar happened with Denise Beaudin. While not a fugitive, her family didn't report her missing because they believed she was having financial troubles, and that's why she left.

nelsonsuspectriverguy.jpgRiverGuy.jpg

The River Guy looks just like one of the suspects from the Barbara Nelson murder, though a bit older. I, like others, don't believe the River Guy was Isaacs. The sketch certainly doesn't look like Isaacs.

Diedc. May or June of 1995 (aged 21)

His death was right around the time of two concerts at Alpine Valley Music Theatre near where Barbara Nelson and other unsolved murder victims were found.​

isaacs.jpg

View attachment 358980View attachment 358981

The River Guy looks just like one of the suspects from the Barbara Nelson murder, though a bit older. I, like others, don't believe the River Guy was Isaacs. The sketch certainly doesn't look like Isaacs.

Diedc. May or June of 1995 (aged 21)

His death was right around the time of two concerts at Alpine Valley Music Theatre near where Barbara Nelson and other unsolved murder victims were found.​

View attachment 358983
Can you clarify, please? Do you think the River Guy is somebody else, who may have killed Barbara Nelson?

Last edited:
Can you clarify, please? Do you think the River Guy is somebody else, who may have killed Barbara Nelson?
IMO, the River Guy is not Isaacs. The sketch of the River Guy doesn't even look like Isaacs. The River Guy sketch also resembles a sketch of one of the suspects in the Barbara Nelson murder. That suspect in the Nelson murder appears to be about 18 years old at the time of the sketch. Several people I'm in contact with, say, in their opinion, that he resembles someone they know whose family rented land to Alpine Valley concertgoers, that he owned a watch just like the one found near Isaacs, had woman troubles at the time with someone named Mary and had a warrant out for his arrest related to a woman named Mary at the time. He had that arrest warrant issued 06/10/1994, which was served 10/21/1994. Too much to be coincidence. I, and these several people, in our opinion, suspect that the River Guy is responsible for other unsolved murders in the area, as is the other suspect in the Barbara Nelson murder.

IMO, the River Guy is not Isaacs. The sketch of the River Guy doesn't even look like Isaacs. The River Guy sketch also resembles a sketch of one of the suspects in the Barbara Nelson murder. That suspect in the Nelson murder appears to be about 18 years old at the time of the sketch. Several people I'm in contact with, say, in their opinion, that he resembles someone they know whose family rented land to Alpine Valley concertgoers, that he owned a watch just like the one found near Isaacs, had woman troubles at the time with someone named Mary and had a warrant out for his arrest related to a woman named Mary at the time. He had that arrest warrant issued 06/10/1994, which was served 10/21/1994. Too much to be coincidence. I, and these several people, in our opinion, suspect that the River Guy is responsible for other unsolved murders in the area, as is the other suspect in the Barbara Nelson murder.
Interesting. I had no idea about any of that! Are there other known unsolved murders in the area around the time, besides Barbara's?

River guy has been confirmed with DNA to be Isaacs. They exhumed his father and matched the DNA. River guy looks exactly like Isaacs, and Isaacs was last known to be in the very area where RG was later found dead. He's Isaacs.

River guy has been confirmed with DNA to be Isaacs. They exhumed his father and matched the DNA. River guy looks exactly like Isaacs, and Isaacs was last known to be in the very area where RG was later found dead. He's Isaacs.
Carl_Isaacs_Jr.pngRiverGuy.jpgClinton_WI_John_Doe.jpg

Of course the DNA from the father matched the skeleton. That doesn't make him the River Guy. I see no resemblance between the two. Even the part in the hair is different.

"It was commonly believed by those close to the case that River Guy and John Clinton Doe were the same person. However, this hypothesis was challenged by the later forensic estimations based on body decomposition rates that JCD may have died later than originally determined, as late as May, 1995. As such this new range of the possible time of death (as late as the spring of 1995) did not correspond as closely with the date of "River Guy" sightings." Wiki

View attachment 359100View attachment 359101View attachment 359106

Of course the DNA from the father matched the skeleton. That doesn't make him the River Guy. I see no resemblance between the two. Even the part in the hair is different.

"It was commonly believed by those close to the case that River Guy and John Clinton Doe were the same person. However, this hypothesis was challenged by the later forensic estimations based on body decomposition rates that JCD may have died later than originally determined, as late as May, 1995. As such this new range of the possible time of death (as late as the spring of 1995) did not correspond as closely with the date of "River Guy" sightings." Wiki
I think I see what you're saying, and why folks might be confused.
You're saying the guy people saw and talked to alive, River Guy, not was the John Doe, who turned out to be Carl. Am I following?

I think I see what you're saying, and why folks might be confused.
You're saying the guy people saw and talked to alive, River Guy, not was the John Doe, who turned out to be Carl. Am I following?
That's what they meant and that the guy who was seen (River Guy) could be a suspect for some murders in the area. I was initially super confused and had to edit my reply heavily.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spartan01
Back