LA LA - Metairie, WhtMale 60-75, UP80348, Found hanging from exterior staircase, Dec'20

phantomstrider

Reaction score
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Date of Discovery December 23 2020​

Location of Discovery Metairie, Jefferson Parish, Louisiana​

Estimated Age 50-80 years​

Race White​

Sex Male​

Estimated PMI 5 hours​

Height 5"8-6"0(60-72 inches, Estimated​

Weight 120-150 lbs, Estimated​

Hair Color Gray​

Eye Color Brown​

Condition of Remains Recognizable Face​

Circumstances of Discovery Decedent was found hanging from an exterior suitcase attached to a medical clinic in Metairie LA off of Veterans Blvd. Cause of Death was determined to be self inflicted hanging. No suicide note or other identifying documents were found on the decedents person.​

One exclusion: MP73211 Richard Halliday 07/23/2020 El Paso TX

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) includes photos of his clothing. Ironically, he was wearing a CrimeStoppers GNO t-shirt. GNO=Greater New Orleans I assume?

The Namus file does say "staircase" so I guess autocorrect was doing us some favors. Can a moderator fix the title and first post, please?

A few profile changes:

Estimated Age Range 60-75 Years
Height 5' 9"(69 inches) , Measured
Weight 120 lbs, Measured
Hair Color Gray or Partially Gray
Head Hair Description - Shoulder length hair. Thin, wavy and gray in color. When decedent was discovered his hair was found to be pulled back in a low pony-tail.
Body Hair Description - Minimal leg, chest and arm hair.
Facial Hair Description - Gray mustache.

Circumstances of Recovery - Decedent was found hanging from an exterior staircase attached to a medical clinic in Metairie, LA off of Veterans Blvd. Cause of death was determined to be self inflicted hanging. No suicide note or other identifying documents found on the decedent's person.

A few profile changes:

Estimated Age Range 60-75 Years
Height 5' 9"(69 inches) , Measured
Weight 120 lbs, Measured
Hair Color Gray or Partially Gray
Head Hair Description - Shoulder length hair. Thin, wavy and gray in color. When decedent was discovered his hair was found to be pulled back in a low pony-tail.
Body Hair Description - Minimal leg, chest and arm hair.
Facial Hair Description - Gray mustache.

Circumstances of Recovery - Decedent was found hanging from an exterior staircase attached to a medical clinic in Metairie, LA off of Veterans Blvd. Cause of death was determined to be self inflicted hanging. No suicide note or other identifying documents found on the decedent's person.
I guess he needed help desperately. On the Veterans Blvd. is Doctors After Hours Urgent Care - Veterans but I don't see a staircase. VETERANS URGENT CARE – Doctors After Hours

There are pictures of his clothing added? to the Namus file. The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

<modsnip>

• Brown eyes.
and

Postmortem interval​

5 hours

ETA: December 23, 2020 was a Wednesday. If this is the clinic they are talking about opening hours are:

Monday – Friday 9AM – 7PM
Saturday & Sunday 9AM – 6PM

Maybe he needed desperate help but the clinic was closed..I don't know....maybe it has nothing to do with it.

Last edited by a moderator:
There are now 2 MP exclusions:
Case Photo

Missing Person / NamUs #MP8211Reeves Johnson
Date of Last ContactFebruary 02, 1983
StateME
CountyYork

Case Photo

Missing Person / NamUs #MP73211Richard Halliday
Date of Last ContactJuly 23, 2020
StateTX
CountyEl Paso

What about this man? Merle ReLoy Ryan.

Blog Archives

He is a veteran. He would be approx. 61 in 2020. Circumstances of Disappearance
Merle bounced around numerous states and was often homeless. He was last known alive on 10/17/2012 when in San Francisco, California at a park near Cesar Chavez Street.

• Missing Since10/17/2012
  • Missing FromSan Francisco, California
  • ClassificationEndangered Missing
  • SexMale
  • RaceWhite
  • Date of Birth11/04/1958 (63)
  • Age53 years old
  • Height and Weight5'9 - 5'11, 130 - 150 pounds
  • Medical ConditionsRyan suffers from schizophrenia.
  • Distinguishing CharacteristicsCaucasian male. Brown hair, brown eyes. Ryan has a receding hairline and a gray beard. He has a burn scar resembling a dimple on the top of his right hand below the index finger. He may use the names Dimitri Andropv, Moses Enoch and/or John Fitzgerald Kennedy, or the first name Demetrius.

I have doubts about his nose and the burn scar. Carl K once told me that after dead the tip of the nose changes somewhat, starts bending down a bit, because there is no blood running there anymore. UID looks to have a had a healed broken nose that would have been very visible in life. Or do you think this are post mortem effects?

I've emailed the coroner early last week in hopes that I can get more info on JD. There are multiple medical facilities in the area. I'm hoping they can specify which one he was found at. I have a feeling he may be homeless so I reached out to Catholic Charities and asked them to share his sketch with their employees. I also contacted the FACES Lab and asked them to add him into their database. Such a sad case. I hope he gets his name back soon.

I've emailed the coroner early last week in hopes that I can get more info on JD. There are multiple medical facilities in the area. I'm hoping they can specify which one he was found at. I have a feeling he may be homeless so I reached out to Catholic Charities and asked them to share his sketch with their employees. I also contacted the FACES Lab and asked them to add him into their database. Such a sad case. I hope he gets his name back soon.
You're doing good work, thanks for spending your time on this.

Faces Lab is saying he's ineligible for inclusion on their website. Which is strange considering his LSU case # is listed on the sketch they made. Cathloic Charities has shared his sketch with the homelessness director. I have not received any communication from the coroner but I have found an alternate route of contact that I plan to use. I will let you all know once I hear something back.

I looked at his clothing shown in the namus file. I noticed there were no pictures of socks. Didn't he wore socks? It was December, that would be cold. But his trousers and underwear are not showed also. Maybe there were to dirty to show. There is no description of them though. His Sketchers look very worn out. There might even be a hole in one. Makes me think he walked on it a lot and/or hadn't the money to buy new ones. He wasn't shaved. It feels like this man was homeless or a drifter without immediate facilities to take care of himself. He wore a Crimestoppers GNO (greater New Orleans) T-shirt. He could have gotten them from a thrift store or somebody gave it to him. Or maybe they were handed out to the homeless. The tag says it's made in the Dominican Republic, but it's probably just produces there, because it's cheaper. The neck of the T-shirt is very dirty, what (to me) also indicates he was homeless, not having a possibility to wash himself or his clothes on a regular basis.

Other thing could be he was very depressed (must have been, taking your own life) and he just didn't care anymore how he looked like for a while.

Last edited:
I came across this man. The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Charles Wallace Muller (Nickname Chuck)
Missing From Metairie, Louisiana, March 14, 1977
Missing Age 26 Years
Current Age 72 Years (would have been approx. 70 in 2020)
6' 0" - 6' 1" (72 - 73 Inches) John Doe 5' 9"(69 inches), Measured
Weight 160 - 180 lbs John Doe 120 lbs, Measured
Race / Ethnicity White / Caucasian, Hispanic / Latino
Green eyes John Doe brown eyes

Problems: nose shape? Charles has an appendectomy scar on his abdomen. Non mentioned for John Doe in Namus.

Charles Wallace Muller – The Charley Project

1672667151611.png1672667166704.png

More pictures in Namus and CharleyP.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members