ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Died in Apparent Homicide, Moscow, 13 Nov 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

<modsnip: video is from a different case>

''The Moscow Police Department has called the deaths "homicides," and on Monday identified the victims as Ethan Chapin, a 20-year-old from Conway, Washington; Madison Mogen, a 21-year-old from Coeur d'Alene, Idaho; Xana Kernodle, 20, from Avondale, Arizona; and Kaylee GonCalves, 21, from Rathdrum, Idaho.''

Last edited by a moderator:
The four University of Idaho students who were found dead in off-campus housing were identified on Monday as Madison Mogen, 21, top left, Kaylee Goncalves, 21, bottom left, Ethan Chapin, 20, center, and Xana Kernodle, 20, right. They are pictured just hours before their untimely deaths
Madison Mogen, 21, top left, Kaylee Goncalves, 21, bottom left

+15
View gallery
Ethan Chapin, 20, and Xana Kernodle, 20

The four were found dead after police responded to a call about an unconscious person in a home on Sunday

'With a crime of this magnitude, it's very difficult to work through,' Bettge told The New York Times. Bettge later said the deaths were a 'targeted, one-off situation,' according to The Spokesman-Review.

A chilling last photo posted by Goncalves hours before the bodies were discovered showed the four standing on a house porch smiling with their arms around each other.

Kernodle and Chapin appeared to have been dating, according to her Instagram that featured photos of the couple cuddled up. Mogen and Goncalves were members of the Alpha Phi sorority on campus.

Goncalves' family issued a statement on social media and said the 21-year-old was only a few months shy of moving across the country for a new job.

'She was looking forward to her job in tech starting on 1/1, a move to Texas, road trips in her just purchased Range Rover, and a trip she planned out to Europe,' the family wrote. 'She'd never stop fighting for us and demanding the truth and justice and neither will we.'

''Idaho State Board of Education
MOSCOW, Idaho — The Idaho State Board of Education held a special Board meeting in response to the murder of four University of Idaho students.

Board President Kurt Liebich began with the following statement on the students’ deaths.

“The news out of Moscow is absolutely devastating. On behalf of the Idaho State Board of Education and the Board of Regents of the University of Idaho, I offer our deepest condolences to the families and friends of the students who were murdered. I do not understand how this could occur and that students’ lives would be lost to such a heinous act. The University of Idaho has counseling and support services in place for students and staff and the Office of the State Board of Education is standing by to help if needed. My fellow Board members and I are holding the loved ones and the University of Idaho’s entire campus community in our thoughts.”

''Idaho State Board of Education
MOSCOW, Idaho — The Idaho State Board of Education held a special Board meeting in response to the murder of four University of Idaho students.

Board President Kurt Liebich began with the following statement on the students’ deaths.

“The news out of Moscow is absolutely devastating. On behalf of the Idaho State Board of Education and the Board of Regents of the University of Idaho, I offer our deepest condolences to the families and friends of the students who were murdered. I do not understand how this could occur and that students’ lives would be lost to such a heinous act. The University of Idaho has counseling and support services in place for students and staff and the Office of the State Board of Education is standing by to help if needed. My fellow Board members and I are holding the loved ones and the University of Idaho’s entire campus community in our thoughts.”
Murdered… heinous… yet there’s no risk to the community? Makes no sense.

I fear the suspect is a current or ex-boyfriend (or maybe just an obsessed stalker) of one of the girls. I’m thinking he killed her in a fit of jealous rage or during a drunken argument and then killed everyone else in the house. Either because they tried to intervene or because they would know who killed her. That’s my top theory at the moment.

No matter the circumstances… it’s such a sad and tragic outcome! :(

They were found in an off campus apartment. I wonder who found them and who's apartment it is. JMO.
<modsnip: let’s not sleuth/discuss random people> The house in the background of Maddie’s Instagram post where she mentions her roommates is the same house shown in the Daily Mail article, IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
I fear the suspect is a current or ex-boyfriend (or maybe just an obsessed stalker) of one of the girls. I’m thinking he killed her in a fit of jealous rage or during a drunken argument and then killed everyone else in the house. Either because they tried to intervene or because they would know who killed her. That’s my top theory at the moment.

No matter the circumstances… it’s such a sad and tragic outcome! :(
That’s what it sounds like to me too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members