ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Died in Apparent Homicide, Moscow, 13 Nov 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep going back to the initial report of responding to a report of an "unconscious" person at a location. It was a weird way to describe the situation if they were responding to the discovery of 4 obvious homicide victims.

It happens. Not uncommon at all IMO. Caller to 911 and dispatch to LE is intended for immediacy, not accuracy. I’ve had cases where skeletal remains were “unconscious.” I wouldn’t read into it. Ditto for the number. It’s possible that the caller only saw one at the time of the call, or that the caller said “my friends are dead” and dispatch relayed one.

This may be nothing but I noticed at the end of the ABC article, it's labeled:
"Related Topics
Gun Violence"

Don't know if that's correct or not but mentioning since it's being alluded to in MSM.

If that was what happened, the four must have been there alone that day as someone else in the house would've heard it ?
Wonder if they were lured to a 'discussion' by the perp, and things went horribly wrong ?

It happens. Not uncommon at all IMO. Caller to 911 and dispatch to LE is intended for immediacy, not accuracy. I’ve had cases where skeletal remains were “unconscious.” I wouldn’t read into it. Ditto for the number. It’s possible that the caller only saw one at the time of the call, or that the caller said “my friends are dead” and dispatch relayed one.
It just makes me wonder about the possibility of there being a 5th person found outside and the initial report. Just grasping at straws

There's a tik tok one of the girls posted that has all of the roommates doing impressions of each other. Those girls were living their best lives with their best friends - so heartbreaking. I can't imagine the agony the other 2 girls must be going through.

Odd wording, ''a unique occurrence'',imo
rbbm.
''BOISE, Idaho -- Investigators are looking for a suspect in the deaths of four University of Idaho students whose bodies were found at an off-campus home during the weekend, a newspaper reported.

Authorities in the city of Moscow, Idaho, have released little information about the deaths, including the cause, but have said all four students are victims and that there is no active risk to the community.''

''The students likely died between 3 a.m. and 4 a.m., but they weren't discovered for hours, Bettge said.

“The police got there at noon, nothing happened in the interim and nothing happened afterward, so it seemed to be a unique occurrence that was not apt to be repeated,” said Bettge. That timeline helped authorities determine that there was not an active risk, he said.

Dahlinger declined to confirm or deny Bettge’s description of the timeline.''

I keep going back to the initial report of responding to a report of an "unconscious" person at a location. It was a weird way to describe the situation if they were responding to the discovery of 4 obvious homicide victims.
MOO, it may have been that the person who discovered them looked through a window when someone didn't answer the door, saw a person lying on the floor and little else and then raised the alarm.

Considering it's now Tuesday (two days since the murders) & nobody in custody & LE suspect an edged weapon of some sort (like a knife) with four people dead, I think it's fair for the community to be upset at the lack of details & LE's statements that nobody has been in danger. It does not engender trust in LE. MOO.

3-4am, perhaps they were stabbed in sleep? MOO, due to timeline. Absolutely HORRIFIC for them to claim “no threat to public” in such a violent murder! Unless they know FOR SURE. They’ve reported it could be crime of passion (which is often targeted) or burglary gone wrong (often a random act). Those are conflicting statements. How is there no threat? MOO. This is absolutely tragic.

Last edited:
First of all it’s hard to imagine an unconscious person outside the home not being seen until noon if they were truly outside.

But, if there was a person outside found and it’s a 5th person and that person was hospitalized would they be considered in custody and or a suspect?

I don’t think their statement supports that. But what at the scene can make you believe there is no risk to the public?

This is baffling.

Just received a notification from the Lewiston Tribune that the students were killed by an edged weapon, such as a knife. I wonder how LE have determined that it was an 'isolated, targeted attack'?
taking down four adults? I guess depending on where bodies were found they could have been sleeping and unaware of the roomates being attacked....

There are 15 pictures in the article. I’ve chosen one of the search dog.

1668533256084.jpeg

Lucca Musick and Decker Rilenge live in an apartment building next to the residence where the four students were found.

They were cleaning their apartment Sunday when a friend messaged Rilenge and told them about the reported homicide. Musick and Rilenge looked out the window and saw police cars, along with a group of women crying while draped in emergency blankets.

“You don’t think something like that’s going to happen here,” Rilenge said.

Musick said they told a police officer they could hear loud music Saturday night, indicating there was a party going on in the neighborhood. They said parties are a regular occurrence in that area.

Rilenge said they did not hear any screaming or gunshots that night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MildredVeraHolmes