CANADA Jeremy Skibicki charged with four murders of Indigenous women

scapa

Reaction score
Pretty sure that earlier versions of this story, specifically with respect to Rebecca Contois, has appeared elsewhere on WS but a search did not provide any recent results, so please feel free to merge threads, Mods.

Jeremy Skibicki has now been accused of four murders over a short period in the spring of 2022, all of indigenous women. Some details:

A Canadian man previously charged with murdering an Indigenous woman has been accused of killing three other women – two also confirmed to be Indigenous and one believed to be.

Jeremy Skibicki was charged 18 May and kept in custody after the partial remains of Rebecca Contois, 24, were found in a garbage bin near an apartment building. Contois lived in Winnipeg but was a member of O-Chi-Chak-Ko-Sipi First Nation, also known as Crane River.

Police at the time said they were not ruling out more victims. On Thursday, they said Skibicki has been charged with first-degree murder in three other deaths in the same short period in the spring.

Pretty sure that earlier versions of this story, specifically with respect to Rebecca Contois, has appeared elsewhere on WS but a search did not provide any recent results, so please feel free to merge threads, Mods.

Jeremy Skibicki has now been accused of four murders over a short period in the spring of 2022, all of indigenous women. Some details:

A Canadian man previously charged with murdering an Indigenous woman has been accused of killing three other women – two also confirmed to be Indigenous and one believed to be.

Jeremy Skibicki was charged 18 May and kept in custody after the partial remains of Rebecca Contois, 24, were found in a garbage bin near an apartment building. Contois lived in Winnipeg but was a member of O-Chi-Chak-Ko-Sipi First Nation, also known as Crane River.

Police at the time said they were not ruling out more victims. On Thursday, they said Skibicki has been charged with first-degree murder in three other deaths in the same short period in the spring.

Thank you @scapa for starting thread!

Dec. 2, 2022
''WARNING: The details in this article may be disturbing to some viewers. Discretion is advised.
The lawyer representing a Winnipeg man accused of killing four Indigenous women says his client 'absolutely' maintains his innocence and intends to plead not guilty.
Two sheriffs led Jeremy Anthony Michael Skibicki into a Manitoba Court of King's Bench courtroom Friday afternoon, his hands and feet chained.
The 35-year-old is accused of killing four Indigenous women between March and May of this year.''

''Winnipeg police began the investigation in May after the partial remains of Rebecca Contois, 24, were found near an apartment building in the 200 block of Edison Avenue.
Police identified three more victims during a news conference on Thursday.
Morgan Beatrice Harris, 39, is believed to have been killed around May 1, and Marcedes Myran, 26, is believed to have been killed around May 4. Both women were members of the Long Plain First Nation.

One woman, who has not yet been identified but has been described as an Indigenous woman in her mid-20s with an average build, is believed to have been killed around March 15, 2022.''

A still UID suspected victim also found at the land fill.

1670092207431.png
''Morgan Beatrice Harris
The family of Morgan Beatrice Harris, 39, wants people to remember her big glowing smile. She was a mother of five and a grandmother to one.
“She was silly. She was fun. People loved to be around her,” her 21-year-old daughter Cambria Harris said at a vigil Thursday.
Harris lived in Winnipeg and was a member of Long Plain First Nation.
Kirstin Witwicki, Harris’ cousin, said she had a “huge spirit” and was fearless.
“I know that she loved her children and she did the best she could with what she had,” Witwicki said.''

''Marcedes Myran
The family of Marcedes Myran, 26, said she was very loved, had a great sense of humour, and was kind to everyone she met.
Her cousin Angel Myran said she was pregnant the last time she saw Marcedes Myran. She said her cousin rubbed her belly and said she loved her.
“She laid her head on my shoulder and I told her I loved her and missed her,” Angel Myran said in a message. “I’ll forever hold onto that memory of her.”
Marcedes Myran also lived in Winnipeg and was a member of Long Plain First Nation.
Her family said they are feeling great loss but Marcedes Myran will never be forgotten.''

Last edited:
wonder if he'll be tied to more victims and is he from the same reservation or how did he know them?

Such a very good question, LadyL.

I guess every country has dangerous psychopaths. I am not familiar with the Medical Care in Canada so I don't know what type of mental health treatments are readily available.

I cannot read the news and other links, provided by dotr, this evening as the week of cases on WS have been traumatizing. By posting, I'll receive notifications of updates.

These precious women have no more pain or suffering as they are surrounded by peace and love now. May that knowledge be of assurance to their families and loved ones.

Such a very good question, LadyL.

I guess every country has dangerous psychopaths. I am not familiar with the Medical Care in Canada so I don't know what type of mental health treatments are readily available.

I cannot read the news and other links, provided by dotr, this evening as the week of cases on WS have been traumatizing. By posting, I'll receive notifications of updates.

These precious women have no more pain or suffering as they are surrounded by peace and love now. May that knowledge be of assurance to their families and loved ones.
1670133189885.png

This hits so close to home ,my two oldest still live in wpg with their children and I hate it the crime there is crazy so many murders and missing people, unfortunately we know a few of my children's friends that have been murdered the first friend was Felicia Solomon ,Kelly Morrisseau, it's just scary there .talking to my children alot are of the opinion there's more victims of abuse from skibicki and probably more murders I hope LE can find all of this guys victims, jmoo

Possible motivation is hate.

CBC reviewed posts on a Facebook page linked to Skibicki, dated before his arrest, which was rife with violent sentiments, as well as antisemitic, misogynistic and white supremacist material.

Sandra DeLaronde wants to see hate factored in to all police investigations and sentencing where First Nations, Inuit and Métis women and girls are killed, including the homicide of Contois.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/mani...eremy-skibicki-neo-nazi-holy-europe-1.6462730

By David Fraser Dec. 6, 2022
''OTTAWA - The daughters of an Indigenous woman police believe to have been the victim of a serial killer urged the federal government on Tuesday to act on what they call an ongoing genocide.

Police believe Morgan Harris was one of four victims of an alleged serial killer in Winnipeg, but her body has not been found.''

''Jeremy Skibicki, 35, has been charged with first-degree murder in the deaths of Harris, Marcedes Myran, Rebecca Contois and a fourth woman who has not been identified, but has been given the name “Buffalo Woman” by police and community leaders.

He made a brief court appearance last week and his lawyer said he maintains his innocence.''

''In a press conference Tuesday, Winnipeg police reiterated that they do not believe it would be feasible to search for the remains of the three women, given the size and topography of the landfill, among other factors.

Harris’s daughters say if police won’t conduct a search to find their mother, they will''.

By David Fraser Dec. 6, 2022
''OTTAWA - The daughters of an Indigenous woman police believe to have been the victim of a serial killer urged the federal government on Tuesday to act on what they call an ongoing genocide.

Police believe Morgan Harris was one of four victims of an alleged serial killer in Winnipeg, but her body has not been found.''

''Jeremy Skibicki, 35, has been charged with first-degree murder in the deaths of Harris, Marcedes Myran, Rebecca Contois and a fourth woman who has not been identified, but has been given the name “Buffalo Woman” by police and community leaders.

He made a brief court appearance last week and his lawyer said he maintains his innocence.''

''In a press conference Tuesday, Winnipeg police reiterated that they do not believe it would be feasible to search for the remains of the three women, given the size and topography of the landfill, among other factors.

Harris’s daughters say if police won’t conduct a search to find their mother, they will''.
Ugh the landfill in Winnipeg is awful I rember when they were looking for Tanya Nepinak there . They couldn't find her either. It's just freaking sad ,I really think he has more victims and there are so many missing women there some reported to LE others not reported to LE because they don't trust them but bear clan gets messages to keep a eye out for them,

Apologies for this huge pic of the alleged killer, maybe he might be recognized by unknown other victims and give them the confidence to step forward, imo.
Hmmm, DV, plus the accused apparently liked his ex to be sleeping... anyone like that would make me suspect a potential SK, or at the very least a killer, speculation, imo.
Erin and Jeremy Skibicki during a happy time.

Alleged serial killer’s estranged wife says she is overwhelmed by survivor’s guilt: ‘Why did I get to survive’ - Winnipeg | Globalnews.ca
Erin, with her now estranged husband, Jeremy Skibicki. Supplied
Dec 7 2022
''The estranged wife of an alleged serial killer is grappling with her emotions and says she is overcome with extreme guilt after hearing her ex is now charged with first-degree murder for the killings of four Indigenous women.

Erin Leszkovics said it was her biggest fear but she thought it was she who was going to die.''

''But despite having “charming” moments, she said Skibicki had a dark side.
“He would get angry outbursts. I wasn’t allowed to use the phone. I was smothered with the pillow. … Many times I called the police,” she said.''

“Things were getting dangerous and I knew that,” she said. “He told me what he would do to me if he killed me.”
“He was having sex with me while I was sleeping,” she told Global News. “He liked to have intercourse as I lay there like a rag doll.”

''She alleges he restricted her access to her cellphone, didn’t allow her to leave their apartment without his consent, monitored her movements electronically, and forced her to take her “bed meds,” after which he would sexually assault her as she slept.''

Last edited:

WARNING SENSITIVE CONTENT.
1670780695323.png

''While the families and community leaders put pressure on police and politicians to attempt a search, one U.S. forensics expert warns the circumstances make the chances of a successful search low.

"Landfills are probably the most difficult search circumstance," said Ross Gardner, an author, instructor and consultant in crime scene investigations based in Georgia.

"Landfill searches create … monumental hurdles that the investigative team's got to get over."
"Generally what you're looking for is some intelligence as to when the body was deposited," said Gardner.
If the operations at the landfill involve "a dump and fill, there's no way you're going to find what you're looking for," he said.''

However, another U.S. expert thinks there's a possibility a search at Prairie Green could be successful.

Eric Bartelink, a professor of anthropology and director of the human identification laboratory at California State University-Chico, said a search would have to start with getting an experienced backhoe operator to carefully remove debris, then start to dig through the heavy clay.''

''Such a dig might produce clues, like newspapers, receipts or other dated documents in the trash that could help focus a search, he told CBC in an interview earlier this week.
Searches may take weeks and aren't always successful, but he pointed to successful efforts in Utah, Oregon and South Carolina during the last 20 years.
"If law enforcement are capable of doing it, if they can get the resources to do it … it's definitely worth doing," Bartelink said.''

''In June 2021, police in Ontario said they would search the Green Lane landfill in Southwold, Ont. — the main waste management site for Toronto — for the remains of Nathaniel Brettell, who disappeared in January 2021.

They found his remains in August that year.''

Dec 15 2022
''WINNIPEG - Police are to be part of a committee led by First Nations groups to determine the feasibility of recovering the remains of two Indigenous women believed to in a landfill outside Winnipeg.

First Nations leaders met with Winnipeg’s chief of police Wednesday to discuss a potential search of the Prairie Green landfill after police declined to search the area because they say the chances of finding the two women are low.

Long Plain First Nation Chief Kyra Wilson said the meeting with police Chief Danny Smyth was a “first step in the right direction.”

“I’m just waiting to see what the action is going to be after this meeting,” Wilson said. “And, continuing to move forward, if the support is going to be there from the chief of police.”

Smyth said in a statement that he is supportive of the collaborative efforts being led by the Assembly of Manitoba Chiefs to recover the remains of Morgan Harris and Marcedes Myran, who police believe are the victims of an alleged serial killer.

Police will be assigning an officer to work on the committee, which will include outside experts. The role of that officer is yet to be determined, Wilson said.''

1671231910916.png
Jeremy Skibicki is facing four first-degree murder charges. A friend describes Skibicki's behaviour with vulnerable women as 'predatory.' (Jeremy Skibicki/Facebook)

''WARNING: This story contains distressing details.

Alleged serial killer Jeremy Skibicki frequented soup kitchens and homeless shelters in Winnipeg's inner city, meeting women whom he would take home to his apartment, according to numerous sources.''

They say they believe Skibicki was preying on vulnerable women at those shelters.

Cora Morgan, the First Nations family advocate with the Assembly of Manitoba Chiefs, says it's well known among staff in Winnipeg shelters that Skibicki accessed a variety of shelters and met women there.''

''Staff said he was known to frequent N'Dinawemak, a 24/7 warming space and shelter in the South Point Douglas area, according to Morgan. Police visited that Disraeli Freeway shelter looking for him earlier this year, she said.

"People shouldn't have the ability to prey on our women, or our people in general," she said.''

One man said he ate meals with Skibicki at N'Dinawemak over a two- to three-month period earlier this year.

He said he regularly ate lunch and breakfast with Skibicki, who was known as someone who ate meals at various homeless shelters despite having a place of his own, the man said. ''

Is there another thread connected to him?
Because I distinctly remember reading about him.
I even posted there!
But where? :oops:

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member