GUILTY IL - Rebecca Bliefnick, 41, mom of 3, fatally shot, Quincy, Feb 2023 *estranged “Family Feud” husband charged*

QUINCY (WGEM) - Quincy Police, Illinois State Police, and Tri-Township Fire searched a lagoon Wednesday on a property co-owned by a Quincy man accused of murder.

Police were seen in a boat searching a lagoon within the Timber Ridge Mobile Home Park on East State Street, east of Quincy.

Police were using strong magnets to comb through the water.

Timothy Bliefnick is listed as a co-owner of TBRK Properties. LLC. the company which owns the property.

Quincy Police Chief Adam Yates confirmed the search efforts were part of the homicide investigation.

Looks like her estranged husband has been arrested…
I can't help but notice the change in appearance that TB has undergone. He looks VERY different from his family photos.

Last edited:
QUINCY (WGEM) - Quincy Police, Illinois State Police, and Tri-Township Fire searched a lagoon Wednesday on a property co-owned by a Quincy man accused of murder.

Police were seen in a boat searching a lagoon within the Timber Ridge Mobile Home Park on East State Street, east of Quincy.

Police were using strong magnets to comb through the water.

Timothy Bliefnick is listed as a co-owner of TBRK Properties. LLC. the company which owns the property.

Quincy Police Chief Adam Yates confirmed the search efforts were part of the homicide investigation.

Wonder if the police have a confession?

Wonder if the police have a confession?
Good question, but probably not ...

“Today’s development is a significant step forward in the search for justice for Rebecca,” Yates said, noting that the “assistance and cooperation of the public was key to moving this investigation forward.”

Timothy Bliefnick, 39, pleaded not guilty Friday afternoon at his arraignment in Adams County Circuit Court in Quincy, according to court records.

In 2020, Timothy Bliefnick and some of his family members appeared on ABC's "Family Feud," KHQA reported.

One of the questions asked by host Steve Harvey was, "What was the biggest mistake you made at your wedding?" Bliefnick answered "I do." He immediately told Harvey "not mine to say, not mine to say. I love my wife." He also said, "I’m going to get in trouble for that, aren’t I?" Harvey responded, "It’s going to be a lot of hell to pay at your house." Bliefnick’s answer was second on the board with 20 out of 100 people polled giving the same answer. Getting "sloshed" was No. 1 with 30 answers.

A status conference will be held April 12 and a

At this time, everything appears to be on track for the trial to get underway next week.

Wow. That's fast. Next week?
They plan to seat 12 jurors and 4 alternates. (from the linked article).

Here's the explanation from the sealing orders as to why the hearing docs were sealed and why the trial is moving ahead so fast:

If the Court would allow the publication of evidence pretrial, the jury pool could very possibly be tainted, and a fair and impactial jury could not be selected in Adams County and would causea change ofvenue from Adams County. A change of venue from Adams County in this case would cause great hardship for all parties. The defendant is being held without bond. As such, he is entitled to an expedited trial. He must be tried within 90 days. A change of venue wouldcause a significant delay inthe trial, the defendant would not be able to be tried in the 90-day period, which by its very nature is detrimental to the defendant.

The sealing orders state that much of this is driven by the significant publicity in this case. There is no mention of 'protecting the children' from the information. Of course it will likely remove some inflammatory information that won't make it to trial, so that is a good thing.

ETA: calling @Niner! Trial is expected to proceed on May 23.

Is there a plea deal? Holy carp that’s fast!!
I don't think so.
As you will see from my post above, it's because he's being held without bond and someone in that circumstance must be allowed to go to trial within 90 days.

(Here in Canada I've never heard of a murder case going to trial in less than a couple of years, let alone one, let alone 3 months!)

I don't think so.
As you will see from my post above, it's because he's being held without bond and someone in that circumstance must be allowed to go to trial within 90 days.

(Here in Canada I've never heard of a murder case going to trial in less than a couple of years, let alone one, let alone 3 months!)
Yea I guess I’ve just never seen a defendant invoke their right to a speedy trial before. Have you?

Yea I guess I’ve just never seen a defendant invoke their right to a speedy trial before. Have you?

iirc, Lori Vallow did, and that resulted in separating her trial from Chad's?

iirc, Lori Vallow did, and that resulted in separating her trial from Chad's?

Yes, true. But a jury wasn't selected and trial moved forward like this one. The State had years to prepare for LV's trial. Holy cow, most forensic evidence wouldn't even be back from the lab in that amount of time, she was murdered 2/23/23.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fkownt
Back