Found Deceased GA - Quinton Simon - Missing From Home - Mom ARRESTED- Savannah #4

The little guy hasn't been laid to rest?!
I hate myself for typing this. Perhaps more of him was found? Or is he finally coming home? Home. Sigh.

Well, back to his community... we love you, little guy.

May whatever tests they can perform tell his story so she never has access to another child ever.

That sweet little face. Like all the littles, he only wanted to be loved.

Jmo

A team of public defenders asked the judge to let Simon out of jail on bond saying it was her hope to reunite with her two other young children.
[snip]
Simon's attorneys argued that she should be released because she's from Savannah, stayed in town when she was still considered a person of interest, and because there is a Department of Family and Children Services case plan in place.
Leilani Simon, accused of murdering young son, arraigned and denied bond

sentence one - delusional
sentence two - same.

Ridiculous and a waste of the court's time.

the judge looks no no-nonsense.
Judge denies bond for Leilani Simon, defense requests jury trial
Bbm.
Are the public defenders that ignorant ... to think that LS would do just fine around the innocent little ones ?
Makes me sick to think of it !

Do the defense atty's. want to risk more children's lives ?
Imo.

I hate myself for typing this. Perhaps more of him was found? Or is he finally coming home? Home. Sigh.

Well, back to his community... we love you, little guy.

May whatever tests they can perform tell his story so she never has access to another child ever.

That sweet little face. Like all the littles, he only wanted to be loved.

Jmo
I do understand that they have to do tests so that the guilty may be locked away to never harm another.
But, and I think you get it, I just hate the idea of him being kept on hold as a sample in case there is more evidence needed.
JMO.

I do understand that they have to do tests so that the guilty may be locked away to never harm another.
But, and I think you get it, I just hate the idea of him being kept on hold as a sample in case there is more evidence needed.
JMO.
To be blunt, that's exactly what his physical remains are, at this point. Evidence. The clearest proof a crime was committed.

The child Quinton, the one who smiled and laughed and played, isn't there any more. They're not keeping a child in a box, they're keeping his bones.

And being kept in storage by the medical examiner is more respectful than a landfill.

The best way he can be honoured is for his killer to face justice, and for her to be convicted. And if the best chance of that means his remains staying with the medical examiner for now, then that's the way it is. Hopefully in the future, Quinton's father will be able to bury him or have him cremated.

MOO

Still here waiting for justice for little Quinton while I watch justice for Gannon unfold.

Happy Easter weekend in Heaven little buddy. ✝️

Have a Happy Easter for those who celebrate and a Fantastic Weekend

*bump*

FtF0wBLWcAES-ia.jpg

Seriously Leilani? I hope the court never lets you anywhere near the surviving children. And what the heck kind of DFCS plan is in place? Didn't help Quinton one bit.

Oh, this woman makes me so angry! Grr. Yep, a waste of the court's time IMO.
Okay, we knew she wasn't going to plead guilty. There are steps that need to be followed to ensure a trial process that stands up against appeal.

Attorneys for Leilani Simon will be back in a Chatham County courtroom next Friday for a motions hearing.

Simon’s attorneys are asking the court to throw out seven of the 19 charges the mother is facing.

Four of the seven charges are for lying to police, the other three are murder charges. Simon’s attorneys say the Chatham County District Attorney’s Office failed to provide enough information in the eight-page indictment for them to defend the three murder charges.

Attorneys for Leilani Simon will be back in a Chatham County courtroom next Friday for a motions hearing.

Simon’s attorneys are asking the court to throw out seven of the 19 charges the mother is facing.

Four of the seven charges are for lying to police, the other three are murder charges. Simon’s attorneys say the Chatham County District Attorney’s Office failed to provide enough information in the eight-page indictment for them to defend the three murder charges.
Ummm... why would the indictment be the document that determines whether they can defend the case? Surely a lot of that comes after later developments, like discovery?

Someone with a law degree, can you explain this tactic to me like I'm... well, who I am. An adult with a high school level education whose country has a different legal system.

Of course, I expect this is just usual defense trying their luck to try and miraculously get their client out of jail without the bother of a trial, but I'd like to understand the grounds they're basing these motions on.

MOO

To be blunt, that's exactly what his physical remains are, at this point. Evidence. The clearest proof a crime was committed.

The child Quinton, the one who smiled and laughed and played, isn't there any more. They're not keeping a child in a box, they're keeping his bones.

And being kept in storage by the medical examiner is more respectful than a landfill.

The best way he can be honoured is for his killer to face justice, and for her to be convicted. And if the best chance of that means his remains staying with the medical examiner for now, then that's the way it is. Hopefully in the future, Quinton's father will be able to bury him or have him cremated.

MOO
Your perspective is helpful. Thanks.

Oh, LS was a big talker before little Quinton's remains were found wasn't she? "I didn't do this, but if they find him, I'll march myself down to jail and turn myself in". Lying liar who lies.

She makes me physically sick and I hope she's locked up for the rest of her miserable life.

MOO

What a family. This case was so hard to watch day by day as it spread out before us.

I DO wonder how other family is doing....
Her mother...
The father of her daughter.........
Her older son..........

So many hurt by this woman.

……why would they be dismissed?
<snipped> Not unusual for the Defense to ask for a dismissal IMO

The motion filed by Leilani Simon’s public defender asked the judge to dismiss the two felonies and one malice murder charge against the 23-year-old mother.

In a separate motion filed in the case today, Simon’s attorneys are also asking for counts 10,12,14 and 17 in the indictment to also be dismissed.

Those charges accuse Simon of lying to investigators during police interviews.

The WSAV Investigative Unit has learned that Leilani Simon is expected to be in the courtroom Thursday morning for a bond hearing and then her arraignment.

https://www.wspa.com/news/motion-fi...er,17 in the indictment to also be dismissed.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
imaguppynotashark
Back