GUILTY IL - Rebecca Bliefnick, 41, mom of 3, fatally shot, Quincy, Feb 2023 *estranged “Family Feud” husband charged*

Yea I guess I’ve just never seen a defendant invoke their right to a speedy trial before. Have you?
I’ve seen defendants try to use the speedy trial thing before, but they have always then waived that right after consulting with their legal counsel. I have never actually seen the right to a speedy trial result in such a speedy trial.

I hope it backfires in his (IMO) guilty face!

MOO!

Adrian said the jury pool was down to 71 people and they would begin voir dire at 9 a.m. Monday. There will be an afternoon session beginning at 1:30 p.m.

Prospective jurors will be brought in four at a time to face questioning. Each attorney is allowed to reject seven potential jurors before 12 jurors and four alternates are chosen.

Opening arguments are expected to begin Tuesday. The prosecution said it may call as many as 70 witnesses and their testimonies could take up most of the week. Schnack said she anticipated needing two days to call defense witnesses.

5/22/2023

QUINCY, Ill. (Court TV) – Jury selection is scheduled to begin today in the trial of a man accused of killing his wife years after joking about his marriage on a game show.

Timothy Bliefnick raised eyebrows when he appeared on an episode of “Family Feud”that aired in January 2020 and told host Steve Harvey that his biggest mistake on his wedding night was saying “I do.”

Is CourtTV covering this live?
No.

Opening statements will also be made Tuesday.

No media outlets will be allowed to broadcast or stream the trial live. However, WGEM News will have a reporter in the courtroom who will be Tweeting live with updates at WGEM.com and on each newscast.

The trial will continue Tuesday morning with opening arguments.

Jones says he anticipates his opening statements lasting no longer than thirty minutes as Schnack expects hers to take take between 15 and 20 minutes.

Muddy River News
11m ·
Assistant Adams Co. State’s Attorney Josh Jones asks to unseal all previously sealed documents pertaining to the #Bliefnicktrial. Judge Robert Adrian grants the motion. That should happen today.

The people will begin their case with opening statements. Some of the evidence listed in the courtroom includes cell phone and text records, divorce records, video from cameras in the neighborhoods between Tim and Rebecca Bliefnick’s respective homes on Hampshire and Kentucky Road, Facebook posts and a bicycle. #bliefnicktrial

Muddy River News

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
undefined.value
Back