Australia - Russell Hill & Carol Clay Murdered While Camping - Wonnangatta Valley, 2020 #7

So if he can't sell his house, how is he expected to pay for his defence?
I keep thinking what if it's the wife trying to block him trying to liquidate their assets. I know if I had doubts about my husbands story I would not be making it easy for him to sell off everything we own and quite possibly leaving me and the kids without a home and a husband and dad in jail doing a lengthy sentence

Awhile ago the wife was in court fighting to keep the family home.
I presume that she lost the case.

I just don't feel it's right that his family should suffer because of what he allegedly did.
I agree. I could understand if half the value was given to the victims family, and Half retained by his family who Are also victims of his alleged actions.

Awhile ago the wife was in court fighting to keep the family home.
I presume that she lost the case.

I just don't feel it's right that his family should suffer because of what he allegedly did.
I agree. I could understand if half the value was given to the victims family, and Half retained by his family who Are also victims of his alleged actions.
I don't think that the family should be left with only enough to buy half a house or having to buy a lesser house.

He is the one charged, not his family. I don't see why they should be punished.
I agree they shouldn’t be punished, but I also get that his Share of any assets should go to his victims families.

I agree they shouldn’t be punished, but I also get that his Share of any assets should go to his victims families.
I've noticed that these battles about who gets the assets are pretty common, but I don't think
there's a formula for what is 'fair'.

In one case, the accused signed away his major assets to his spouse and plead guilty. In the case of the accused Gilgo Beach killer, the wife has immediately filed for divorce, so that she can secure her share and have nothing to do with him. Some spouses/families will amass so much debt in defending their family member, they may have to declare bankruptcy.

As for victims, I'm not really clear on the logic of cash compensation, since victims of poor murderers won't get a penny, so it implies you hope to win the lottery by having a rich person kill your loved one? Hopefully, Russell had life insurance to allow his spouse to maintain her standard of living.

JMO

Plus we are talking of just 2 victims and their families here. What if he is eventually accused, tried and found guilty of other disappearances in the area? Those families won't have much chance of getting any compensation from him if he has no money left at all by then.

Plus we are talking of just 2 victims and their families here. What if he is eventually accused, tried and found guilty of other disappearances in the area? Those families won't have much chance of getting any compensation from him if he has no money left at all by then.
Its interesting to ponder..., in the 12 months prior to the disappearances of CC and RH going missing there were 2 others that went missing in similarly mysterious ways, in the Victorian high country.

Lets face it, CC and RH's disappearances in the high country are as mysterious as Conrad and Neil's are!

Conrad Whitlock - July 2019
Neils Becker - October 2019
RH & CC - March 2020

Since that time (2020), there has been no other "mysterious disappearances" in the Victorian high country. If there were, we'd hear about it and no doubt be talking about it on this forum!

I know the disappearances of 2 of the people are fairly unrelated though there is something about the coincidences in a timeline, that is intriguing.

MOO

Last edited:
Its interesting to ponder..., in the 12 months prior to the disappearances of CC and RH going missing there were 2 others that went missing in similarly mysterious ways, in the Victorian high country.

Lets face it, CC and RH's disappearances in the high country are as mysterious as Conrad and Neil's are!

Conrad Whitlock - July 2019
Neils Becker - October 2019
RH & CC - March 2020

Since that time (2020), there has been no other "mysterious disappearances" in the Victorian high country. If there were, we'd hear about it and no doubt be talking about it on this forum!

I know the connections of the 4 people are fairly unrelated though there is something about the coincidences that is intriguing.

MOO

Yep, as I've said before, I can picture police trawling through such cases in light of what they now know about Lynn.

So if we consider Conrad Whitlock and Niels Becker went missing in the high country not that long before RH and CC I agree with Bats this is compelling especially the dates being so close together between July 2019 and March 2020.

All the repainting of GL's car was that over this time period?? just wondering.

Is the connections between them just a case of the convenience of isolation in the high country???

Was it more likely that these 2 individuals may not be missed by others for a longer period of time? Just my opinion.

So a disagreement with RH was not really important if GL was looking for another victim?

or was this a snapping point for GL and not his usual victim maybe he was scoping someone else at the time?? MOO

So if we consider Conrad Whitlock and Niels Becker went missing in the high country not that long before RH and CC I agree with Bats this is compelling especially the dates being so close together between July 2019 and March 2020.

All the repainting of GL's car was that over this time period?? just wondering.

Is the connections between them just a case of the convenience of isolation in the high country???

Was it more likely that these 2 individuals may not be missed by others for a longer period of time? Just my opinion.

So a disagreement with RH was not really important if GL was looking for another victim?

or was this a snapping point for GL and not his usual victim maybe he was scoping someone else at the time?? MOO
GL's Nissan Patrol vehicle was originally White and he resprayed it to Blue "for reasons unknown"?

The vehicle was Blue when he "disposed" of Russell and Carol and he then resprayed it from Blue to Beige before the vehicle was seized by Police.

IMO the 1st respray from White to Blue may have been an attempt to cover up a previous crime GL committed?

He might have resprayed it from Blue to Beige "because it worked the 1st time?" Google earth pictures show the 3 different colours but I don't think we know the exact dates of the colour changes.

Prosecutors allege Mr Lynn was involved in a deadly fight with the pair in the Wonnangatta Valley, a day after the couple arrived on March 19.

He has pleaded not guilty
and is scheduled to face trial in February next year.

Throughout Mr Lynn’s previous court appearances, he has been seen calmly taking notes of the proceedings.

The former pilot accused of killing missing campers Russell Hill and Carol Clay has been pictured entering court in the first photos since his arrest in 2021.

View attachment 455260
His hair has gone so much greyer since his last photos.

Probably because he has a fair amount of stress on his hands, like the rest of his days behind bars IMO.

The last few years have probably aged him 10+ years.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dollycl
Back