Casey Anthony: Where The Truth Lies (Peacock Documentary) Discussion

I do blame Judge Perry for allowing Baez to get away with that opening statement with no proof, letting the defense move their table in position facing the jury so Casey could silently protest all the facts brought out against her, and I particularly recall one of the jurors had a vacation booked in July, which then become a rush at deliberation time to get that verdict done. As well as Perry saying that jury selection had to stick to 'his timeline'. Who rushes the jury selection in a capital murder trial.

And leniency in general. I realize he was being careful with that trial, but I don't believe Strickland would have been anywhere near as lenient.

I do blame Judge Perry for allowing Baez to get away with that opening statement with no proof, letting the defense move their table in position facing the jury so Casey could silently protest all the facts brought out against her, and I particularly recall one of the jurors had a vacation booked in July, which then become a rush at deliberation time to get that verdict done. As well as Perry saying that jury selection had to stick to 'his timeline'. Who rushes the jury selection in a capital murder trial.

And leniency in general. I realize he was being careful with that trial, but I don't believe Strickland would have been anywhere near as lenient.
Couldn't agree more, especially about allowing Baez to get away with that incendiary opening statement, with allegations against George of abuse and cover up---when such serious allegations are leveled at someone, there should have to be supportive evidence to back it up. I agree with your other points: It was a perfect storm for Casey- she was so lucky Judge Strickland was not the judge in her case.

I would love for the Anthony's to sue her for slander and wrongful death. Maybe the cloud of denial that Cindy has lived with has been lifted and they will both agree to do what they can at this point for Caylee's sake. I said earlier that Casey has poked the bear and I hope it's to her detriment.

I would love for the Anthony's to sue her for slander and wrongful death. Maybe the cloud of denial that Cindy has lived with has been lifted and they will both agree to do what they can at this point for Caylee's sake. I said earlier that Casey has poked the bear and I hope it's to her detriment.
So true! Casey has re-opened the can of worms and shown herself to be responsible for Caylee's death, wonder what Baez thinks about all this.

So true! Casey has re-opened the can of worms and shown herself to be responsible for Caylee's death, wonder what Baez thinks about all this.
Good question and I wonder who advised her to do that docu series last fall. I haven't watched it yet but plan to at some point.

Don't hold your breath waiting for her parents to go against the "precious" daughter- I don't see that ever happening-

Well-- I am sure you remember Karla Homolka-- she being the wife of Paul
Bernardo--those two were repulsive rapists and killers in Canada--she assisted
In killing her own sister with some type of overdose of drugs or anesthesia. He remains
In prison-- she got out after 12 years!!!!!

Last I heard she was married with kids!!!

Casey Anthony is still young and attractive--dont kid yourself-- there are plenty of
Men who would be willing to be with her and even marry her
They'd better think twice. She threw her own father under the bus, she would claim the husband/baby daddy raped her or molested any children to unload them when she grew bored with them. She's truly evil, IMO.

'Foolproof suffocation' searched on the Anthony home computer on the day Caylee 'went missing' is no coincidence, proves premeditation.
Casey was taking no changes.
And all Casey would need is just one tricky question on a lie detector test - such as a yes/no question on Zenaida Fernandez-Gonzalez, that duct tape, the chloroform, the empty apartment where she told LE she dropped Caylee off, her cell phone calls, and especially those woods where she dumped Caylee's body - somewhere in that maze of questions she would get frazzled. Confusion would set in and she'd flunk the test big time. LOL
I had forgotten about the ‘foolproof suffocation’ search. If only that had been disclosed and presented at trial. Now I’m back to leaning into it was premeditated murder.

What a cluster of a case, with one of the stankiest defendants of all time.

'Foolproof suffocation' searched on the Anthony home computer on the day Caylee 'went missing' is no coincidence, proves premeditation.
Casey was taking no changes.
And all Casey would need is just one tricky question on a lie detector test - such as a yes/no question on Zenaida Fernandez-Gonzalez, that duct tape, the chloroform, the empty apartment where she told LE she dropped Caylee off, her cell phone calls, and especially those woods where she dumped Caylee's body - somewhere in that maze of questions she would get frazzled. Confusion would set in and she'd flunk the test big time. LOL
Wow, I just saw that old interview. Pretty telling. I wish Cindy would come to her senses but I get the pain it would cause her. That's a pretty big barrier. I think George has a better understanding of Casey. So sad when you raise a child and they turn into a monster. I agree that Cindy never should have ignored Casey's lies. Maybe the graduation lie would have nipped things in the bud. So hard to know.

I had forgotten about the ‘foolproof suffocation’ search. If only that had been disclosed and presented at trial. Now I’m back to leaning into it was premeditated murder.

What a cluster of a case, with one of the stankiest defendants of all time.
I hate "if only..." but here ...if only......... Darn! And she's allowed to have a life after destroying her daughter and her parents. OMG, if only...

Just read this item of interest on Casey's reaction to her parents passing that lie detector test: (LOL)

Casey Anthony ‘Threw a Fit’ After Watching Her Father George Pass Lie Detector Test: Friend (Exclusive)​

Casey Anthony grew more and more distraught as she watched her father take a televised polygraph exam — and now a friend says she's considering a public rebuttal.
"She really threw a fit," says the source, who has known Anthony for several years. "She got really upset when George passed the lie detector test. She was banking on the fact that he would fail."

Just read this item of interest on Casey's reaction to her parents passing that lie detector test: (LOL)

Casey Anthony ‘Threw a Fit’ After Watching Her Father George Pass Lie Detector Test: Friend (Exclusive)​

Casey Anthony grew more and more distraught as she watched her father take a televised polygraph exam — and now a friend says she's considering a public rebuttal.
"She really threw a fit," says the source, who has known Anthony for several years. "She got really upset when George passed the lie detector test. She was banking on the fact that he would fail."

She should do as Cindy suggested and submit to one herself. (Fat chance.)

ETA:
What did Casey need to borrow the shovel from the neighbor for? Digging up bamboo while grieving the nanny-abduction, er... drowning death, er... pillow smothering death of her daughter that she knew about from the beginning, but waited 31 days (give or take) to report? (And only then because her mother was forcing the issue.). That doesn't sound remotely plausible, but does suggest something worse.

How about the two gas cans Casey stole from Geo's shed... what did she need those for? Was that to fill her own gas tank? Or, did Casey plan to burn some evidence that proved too difficult to easily conceal using the shovel?

And, how is it that George handed Casey Caylee's immobile body, soaking wet from drowning (the story at trial), when Caylee's death was allegedly caused by him smothering her with a pillow? That is the latest claim, suggested in episode 3 of the Peacock series by Pat McKenny and supported by Casey, who then claimed that Geo used to do that to her - smother her to keep her quiet while molesting her.

Casey lies easily, but her lies contradict each other. And in total - they reveal her as a sociopath who will say ANYTHING to extricate herself from accountability, turn her accusers into villains, and herself into victim.

Last edited:

A public rebuttal? What could go wrong? :rolleyes:

Keep in mind, Casey once walked the detectives right down the hall at Universal :

"... strolled into the offices on the Universal Studios backlot as if she had been there hundreds of times before.

It was shortly after noon on July 16, 2008, and Anthony was flanked by three police detectives and a Universal Studios manager. She did not have an employee badge, but the 22-year-old insisted that she was an employee at the theme park.

For nearly 10 minutes, Anthony and the officers wandered aimlessly around the maze of cubicles and offices before she finally hit a dead end: there was a wall in front of her. One one side was a locked office. On the other side was a men's room. There was nowhere for her to go.

Finally, Anthony sighed deeply and turned around to face the detectives. She shoved her hands in her back pockets. "OK," she said slowly, according to court testimony. "I don't work here."

THAT^^^ is how much of a bald faced liar this vile creature is.

Keep in mind, Casey once walked the detectives right down the hall at Universal :

"... strolled into the offices on the Universal Studios backlot as if she had been there hundreds of times before.

It was shortly after noon on July 16, 2008, and Anthony was flanked by three police detectives and a Universal Studios manager. She did not have an employee badge, but the 22-year-old insisted that she was an employee at the theme park.

For nearly 10 minutes, Anthony and the officers wandered aimlessly around the maze of cubicles and offices before she finally hit a dead end: there was a wall in front of her. One one side was a locked office. On the other side was a men's room. There was nowhere for her to go.

Finally, Anthony sighed deeply and turned around to face the detectives. She shoved her hands in her back pockets. "OK," she said slowly, according to court testimony. "I don't work here."

Not only is she a pathological bald-faced liar, but she is fearless with ice in her veins--
She is a bottomless pit of lies and deceit

Oh, and I have to add this part---it's classic CaseyAnthony:

"Anthony had chosen the building at Universal Studios seemingly at random and told police she worked there.

For the workers returning from lunch that day, the entire scene was confusing—and one they would never forget. Anthony — whom they had never met — was brightly waving to them as if they were friends.

"I was by the reception desk," says Alejandro Caldera, who was a contractor for Universal at the time. "And this pretty girl walked past and was like, 'Oh, hey, you! How's it going?' She was really cheerful."

"The receptionist and I sort of looked at each other for a second," Caldera continues. "And I was like 'Who the hell was that?' She said, 'I have no idea.'"

"I'll never forget that day as long as I live," says Caldera. "I tell this story at parties. People are still amazed at how easily Casey Anthony could lie, but I've seen it firsthand. It's a sight to behold."

Not only is she a pathological bald-faced liar, but she is fearless with ice in her veins--
She is a bottomless pit of lies and deceit
It is a testament to her lying prowess that she was even able to get three detectives to drive her over to Universal Studios, on nothing but her word.

One of them could have easily called over and asked if they had a Casey Anthony on their current payroll. But somehow she convinced them to jump on her crazy train instead. o_O

It is a testament to her lying prowess that she was even able to get three detectives to drive her over to Universal Studios, on nothing but her word.

One of them could have easily called over and asked if they had a Casey Anthony on their current payroll. But somehow she convinced them to jump on her crazy train instead. o_O
According to the detective (Melich), he DID go to Universal Studios by himself and from the security guard shack called CA to get her office number and her boss's name and phone number. CA provided those, along with the names of two friends, who she also claimed worked there.

Checking those against employee records, Melich learned there was no record of the name she'd given as that of her boss (or one of the names she'd given as a coworker; the other one hadn't worked there for several years) and Melich learned that CA had once worked onsite there, but not as an event planner and not since April 2006 (two years earlier). Nevertheless - having earlier checked out all the homes/apartments where Casey had said she'd taken Caylee to be cared for by "Zanny, the nanny," and learning those were all lies, he decided to have two officers pick up CA and bring her to Universal to see how far she'd take the lie about where she worked.

SOURCE: "Imperfect Justice: Prosecuting Casey Anthony" by Jeff Ashton. (Chapter Four: Four Lies).

Last edited:
According to the detective (Melich), he DID go to Universal Studios by himself and from the security guard shack called CA to get her office number and her boss's name and phone number. CA provided those, along with the names of two friends, who she also claimed worked there.

Checking those against employee records, Melich learned there was no record of the name she'd given as that of her boss (or one of the names she'd given as a coworker; the other one hadn't worked there for several years) and Melich learned that CA had once worked onsite there, but not as an event planner and not since April 2006 (two years earlier). Nevertheless - having earlier checked out all the homes/apartments where Casey had said she'd taken Caylee to be cared for by "Zanny, the nanny," and learning those were all lies, he decided to have two officers pick up CA and bring her to Universal to see how far she'd take the lie about where she worked.

SOURCE: "Imperfect Justice: Prosecuting Casey Anthony" by Jeff Ashton. (Chapter Four: Four Lies).
wow---she is a piece of work. It must have devastated those hard working detectives to have to see her walk away free from this mess.

I agree CA was 100% responsible. And got away with it, which makes me, and so many of us, sick. What I can’t quite commit to is that it was intentional / premeditated.
If it wasn’t premeditated, she could have avoided the whole circus by telling the truth. Accidents do happen but I don’t buy it because of her lies. (Zanny, work, George and many others )

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TessieBear
Back