DNA Doe Project - General Discussion #3

And I also read somewhere that the DDP will work on a new case from Texas. I cant find the source now, but it was a small county will only one uidentified person case on Namus.

Wayne County Jane Doe has been identified as Connie Christensen:

Her reconstruction sadly looked nothing like her. Connie was beautiful in life. Her DDP page:

From the same article mentioned above: “Atroughly the same time, a member of the young mother’s family happened to take an interest in genealogy and a connection was made.”

Looks like Connie’s close relative uploaded a DNA kit to gedmatch, sounds as a fast solve! Her highest match from the DDP’s spreadsheet was over 400 cM

I really wish they’d update the site more frequently. The main case page seems to almost always be broken now and the last update for the spreadsheet was still in June

I may be reading too deeply into this but would that mean that Ventura County Jane Doe and Kings County Jane Doe are identified?
At first I actually thought the same, but no, a week ago Carl Koppelman confirmed on her thread that Ventura County Jane Doe has not been identified, they are still working with her distant cousins and though have some progress, she has not been identified. I think she is one of the three oldest cases still not solved (unless Kings County Jane Doe has been identified)

New case from Phoenix, Arizona. her thread

Last edited:
Ramapo College of New Jersey Investigative Genetic Genealogy Center And Cairenn Binder assisted in identification of Oneida County John Doe. According to the article, they have identified four people so far. There are a few cases on the DDP website which are listed as a together cases with Ramapo College

Pine Flat Road (CA) Doe's NamUs page is down. On the DDP website she is listed as a pending case

First identification in 2024! Kern County Jane Doe 2011 was identified as Ada Beth Kaplan

Not sure why but Pine County Jane Doe’s page is now blank:

New article about Dane County Doe

But even if a DNA profile can be constructed, investigators can only make comparisons if family members of the unidentified person submit their own DNA samples to a database such as 23andMe.
So far, for Chimney Doe, there’s been no such luck.

But since 2018, Ludden has gone into each new year confident that it will be the year she can put a name on Chimney Doe.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ari76
Back